Coaching Carousel-2023

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

That is the funniest part of your concocted, butt-hurt, bullshint........

Where did you get your tinfoil hat?  Yeah, you got me.  I love spending hours of time playing with feeble minds.  I actually moved to STL and buy shirts and memorabilia, go to games etc—just to maintain my cover.  How were you able to break the code and figure me out??  You’re a genius!

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Don’t be surprised if St John’s hires Pitino to replace Anderson. NY Post is saying interest by both parties has been expressed.

Seems like a good fit. Lots of good Italian restaurants with comfortable booths in the area. 

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Seems like a good fit. Lots of good Italian restaurants with comfortable booths in the area. 

i assume private late hours reservations can be made at most of these restaurants?

4 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

Pastner out at Georgia Tech

Brian Gregory out at USF 

Two coaches I can't stand, who have a knack for failing upward, and who have been head coaches for way longer than they should.

Just now, Pistol said:

Two coaches I can't stand, who have a knack for failing upward, and who have been head coaches for way longer than they should.

hey I missed if it ever was answered who we have played most & least trivia ? still open or repeat please?

1 minute ago, almaman said:

hey I missed if it ever was answered who we have played most & least trivia ? still open or repeat please?

Dayton and Davidson. Guess we forgot to follow up in writing...

willie likes this

There is a lot of chatter in Eastern Iowa that Notre Dame is working back channels to hire Fran McCaffrey away from the Hawkeyes. Keep an eye on that seat once Iowa is knocked out of the Big Dance. Fran's wife was an All American for the Lady Irish so this could be seen as a dream job for the family to move to South Bend.

14 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

WKU has a history of hiring good coaches at least in my perspective.  Purnell did well there etc.

I saw the Bills play WKU in the 1980 Connecticut Mutual Classic in Hartford, they had Clem Haskins who replaced Gene Keady as the coach. Haskins had many good years at WKU, where he should have stayed. That particular SLU team was an Ekker team and WKU stomped the Bills.