Coaching Carousel-2023

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So playing in a succesful conference is compromising?  Weird. I guess SLU compromised by joining a conference with Bonawelder. Such a high standard to meet nearly impossible. 

19 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Ole Miss has shown they'll hire coaches with baggage they picked up Joey Freshwater to be their Head FB Coach.  So I can see them hiring Beard.  If he can get TTU to the national championship game I think he can pull talent to Oxford.  Sad because as a Texas fan I don't want him in the same conference. 

Yes I did find it weird, you just back tracked on the standard you set.

36 minutes ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

Yes I did find it weird, you just back tracked on the standard you set.

What standard did I set?

I think I figured it out.  Yeah I wasn't clear.  As a Texas fan I don't want Beard as a coach in the same conference because my team will have to face him and he wins.  Thus making it less likely my team is successful. 

On 2/25/2023 at 6:42 AM, TheA_Bomb said:

What standard did I set?

I think I figured it out.  Yeah I wasn't clear.  As a Texas fan I don't want Beard as a coach in the same conference because my team will have to face him and he wins.  Thus making it less likely my team is successful. 

Take that TX sh)T to the TX fan page!  You can’t be a fan of 2 schools.  Just ask any number of people on here from the last month about that.  “Waaaagh…troll”….”I emphatically request all members block this guy”…not actually quoting you, but that was the sentiment from a few posters. I’m honestly just giving you a little crap..

3 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Take that TX sh)T to the TX fan page!  You can’t be a fan of 2 schools.  Just ask any number of people on here from the last month about that.  “Waaaagh…troll”….”I emphatically request all members block this guy”…not actually quoting you, but that was the sentiment from a few posters. I’m honestly just giving you a little crap..

Oh back for more? Just like your mom can't get enough of me. 

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

The tried and true “your mother” slam works every time. 

I can't help myself.  It's almost too easy. Speaking of too easy...

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I can't help myself.  It's almost too easy. Speaking of too easy...

Kinda wish you would leave my mom out of your childish comebacks.  I lost her 3 years ago and I already mentioned this…that’s when you had the comeback about her calling out “oh Jesus”…but this punka$$ moderator can only restrict me from making more than 3 comments daily because some of you motherfu$&s can’t handle some criticism.You want to say this to my face you pos?  This board can laugh at your comments but won’t say a word about your conduct.  Fuc$ You and this POS spineless moderator who allows this bs.  STLsignguy won’t reply to me…can’t come out if his “safe place”.

14 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Kinda wish you would leave my mom out of your childish comebacks.  I lost her 3 years ago and I already mentioned this…that’s when you had the comeback about her calling out “oh Jesus”…but this punka$$ moderator can only restrict me from making more than 3 comments daily because some of you motherfu$&s can’t handle some criticism.You want to say this to my face you pos?  This board can laugh at your comments but won’t say a word about your conduct.  Fuc$ You and this POS spineless moderator who allows this bs.  STLsignguy won’t reply to me…can’t come out if his “safe place”.

I feel 4 u. I would have no desire 2 b around people that felt that way & treated me that way rightly or wrongly. Y not just not be on this board. I had season tickets for 20 years didn't even know about the board. still enjoyed being a fan of the team.

Billikenbooster likes this

1 hour ago, BANGheGOTit said:

You don't know me and I don't know you.  You're lucky because that means I don't take your BS personally. 

If ya can't handle it, I suggest you stop annoying me with your drivel. If you don't I'll just stay in your kitchen. 

As for SignGuy, I suggest you lay off.

Billiken Rich likes this

6 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I would think a contract extension just means the team stealing Kelsey away would have to pay a buyout to CofC to get him.  For the big boys, this seems like a minor problem at best.

Yeah a few million.  It's almost a favor to the school. 

22 hours ago, almaman said:

I feel 4 u. I would have no desire 2 b around people that felt that way & treated me that way rightly or wrongly. Y not just not be on this board. I had season tickets for 20 years didn't even know about the board. still enjoyed being a fan of the team.

Why should I choose not to be on this board?  I’m a SLU fan.  I don’t give two sh!ts about people liking or not liking me, or criticizing me.  I enjoy this stupid board, and I don’t even mind people who disagree with me—I only asked the guy not to talk about my mom, who I loved dearly and miss every single day.  I just find it troubling that the whiners on the board who didn’t like my criticism of SLU “felt the board was spiraling downhill” but when this pr/ck starts to get personal he gets a pass?  This is the type of a$$hole you want to align yourself with?  More power to those who do.  This board is for the fans, we don’t have to agree on everything but there should at least be a code of conduct.  Criticize me, leave family out of it.

dennis_w and Schasz like this

10 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Why should I choose not to be on this board?  I’m a SLU fan.  I don’t give two sh!ts about people liking or not liking me, or criticizing me.  I enjoy this stupid board, and I don’t even mind people who disagree with me—I only asked the guy not to talk about my mom, who I loved dearly and miss every single day.  I just find it troubling that the whiners on the board who didn’t like my criticism of SLU “felt the board was spiraling downhill” but when this pr/ck starts to get personal he gets a pass?  This is the type of a$$hole you want to align yourself with?  More power to those who do.  This board is for the fans, we don’t have to agree on everything but there should at least be a code of conduct.  Criticize me, leave family out of it.

I agree with this. 

15 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Sorry buddy but you are on the most permissive message board in college athletics.  Your trolling lead one of the most easy going moderators in the history of the internet  to restrict you from flaming this board.  You're call for a code of conduct is laughable and pathetic.  My mom is dead too and I miss her.  I still pick up the phone to call her to tell her about the big stuff.  Losing a parent doesn't make either of us special.  At least one of us is still a trolling a-hole.  Grow up or better yet just leave.....

DOC, almaman and Billikenbooster like this

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

From what I hear in C’ton ND is going hard after Kelsey. If u think a buy out will stop the Irish you’re dreaming.

No it's not going to stop them but what I'm saying it's a courtesy to CoC. They lose their coach but get a few million bucks.

Although something is up at ND. They brought in the Boise St Offensive Coordinator he went to a basketball game with their current HC. Then they didn't hire him.  People speculated it was the $10mil buyout.  They promoted from within.  The AD was forced to make a statement which said it wasn't an obstacle.  It was weird because you usually only make a public appearance when the deal is done.

13 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Sorry buddy but you are on the most permissive message board in college athletics.  Your trolling lead one of the most easy going moderators in the history of the internet  to restrict you from flaming this board.  You're call for a code of conduct is laughable and pathetic.  My mom is dead too and I miss her.  I still pick up the phone to call her to tell her about the big stuff.  Losing a parent doesn't make either of us special.  At least one of us is still a trolling a-hole.  Grow up or better yet just leave.....

Then hate ME you fcn piece of $&/@, but don’t say crap about my loved ones …why is it ok to bring up family?  I’m not saying I’m any more special than the next person, but stop with the attacks on family!  I’m a troll because I criticize Yuri and Ford?  My God you people need help!  The most easy going moderator on the internet has no morals either, as long as he allows this crap. I actually wish I didn’t care so much about SLU just so I could make fun of some of you thin skinned marshmallows.  

There's a lot to unpack here....you're angry I get it, the internet can be a confusing place so I'll give you a free lesson on the internet in general and this board in particular.  Now this is the second, no third warning you'll receive from me.  First off the internet can be cruel.  People try to push your buttons and find something that works which is what I did to you.  You indicated it bothered you, so I went for it (also I've been inspired lately by "Letterkenny" and "Shoresy" both of which are hilarious).  As I stated, I don't take your insults personally, because it can't be personal as you don't know me.  If you did, you probably wouldn't be insulting me.  But then again maybe you would, you don't seem very bright.  

As for this board in particular.  Some of us have been here for a long time, me since about 1997 maybe 1998.  So we kinda' know each other.  You come in spewing some troll BS which sets us (a majority of the board) off. We don't know you and when the team is down trolls show up out of the woodwork, so we can be sensitive.  In addition to your incessant troll-like posts you then start a thread praising SPUMAC (the scandal plagued university of Missouri at Colombia).  That is a cardinal sin.  So you were warned but you doubled down.  So you were ridiculed.  That's what happens.  Then you go on and now insult Sign Guy.  That's a cardinal sin. That's very uncool and I'll suggest again that you stop.

You can contribute in multiple ways that are generally acceptable:

1. Have a good basketball IQ you understand the game and provide some insight.

2. You are good at providing tid-bits of information that others may not know and pass them on.

3. You can be funny.

4. Provide information on other SLU sports/activities or other things in the world of sports that may have gone unnoticed.

So far you've done none of the above and broken multiple unwritten cardinal rules of billikens.com hence you get the stick not the carrot.  Pretty simple really.

PS Yes I'm a grown man telling your momma jokes.  They still crack me up. What can I say, I'm a child.

Then hate ME you fcn piece of $&/@, but don’t say crap about my loved ones …why is it ok to bring up family?  I’m not saying I’m any more special than the next person, but stop with the attacks on family!  I’m a troll because I criticize Yuri and Ford?  My God you people need help!  The most easy going moderator on the internet has no morals either, as long as he allows this crap. I actually wish I didn’t care so much about SLU just so I could make fun of some of you thin skinned marshmallows.  

ED4FC3FD-77AC-4AF0-88AF-F0C318079475.gif.ce1f9a55992a89f51f725a6a26a9c681.gif