Billiken Baseball 2023

OkieBilliken

Here in very chilly Hoover, AL to watch the Bills open the season against Sun Belt’s Marshall.   SLU is picked anywhere from 3rd to 5th in the A10, just depends on how the new pitching performs.  Marshall was terrible last year and picked 13th out of 14th in a very good conference.   After this series SLU heads down to Fort Myers to play Univ of Minnesota at the Twins spring park.   Weather should be much more enjoyable for me next weekend.   I’m about 5 hours from each location.   Go Bills!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we were pretty terrible yesterday.  Houston transfer Dawson Smith started and got drilled and Grant Fremion walked everybody.  We made a couple of ghastly errors.  It was over early and we lost 11-4.  Trying to find out why our best hitter Cam Redding didn’t play yesterday or today.  If he is injured or not available, it is going to be a long year.  

50 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Solo blast for Tyler Fogarty puts SLU up 3-1 in the 3rd

Fogarty said put me in coach blasts it past centerfield!

SLU wins 8-3 to take the series.   Another excellent pitching day.  As bad as last week was, this team was a hell of a lot of fun so far this week.  Go see them play when they get home!   I will be watching on ESPN+.   Now going to watch the Twins and Rays play next door.