Collins Sets Two A10 Career Records in Same Game

HoosierPal

22 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I don’t know it’s still a good read for me.
A bigger problem than the IQ of the board is that a lot of the posters have become Charmin soft. 
Any criticism of a player or coach and you have a handful of posters calling for a ban or the Metz plan. it’s nauseating.

If you don’t agree with someone tell them why they are wrong and if you don’t want to do that put then on ignore.

Calling posters trolls has become so cringe worthy.  

The way I see it the more posters the better. Doesn’t matter if I agree with them or not.

Some of the board seems to be taking on the personality of the team….SOFT. 

Slufanskip this rant was not directed at you in anyway. Your post just happened to tee me up for my rant. 

That dude has racked up 100 posts in a week all of them different variations of the same thing. The Metz comment was half-joke/half-serious — you and I must have really different definitions of nauseating

12 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

I thought it was kind of funny on the telecast last night how they mentioned something about Yuri and his uncharacteristically high amount of turnovers in that particular game. No that’s vintage Yuri, Especially if you add in the ill-advised shots or drives into the lane. Simply classic.

3 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

OMG!  The Horror…the horror!  Fans are fans and these are not kids.  They are paid to perform whether it’s in NIL money or scholarship.  This is the freaking real world.  If you suck, you simply need to get better.

Yea let’s respond to these with nuance and reasoning 

Post 1: Hello sir, I disagree. Yuri Collins is actually really good at basketball, in my opinion. Classic or “vintage” Yuri is a wizard on the court. To go even further, and I hope I’m not ruffling any feathers, but I think he makes the team better — please see these additional  highlights/stats for more context  [insert here]

Post 2: Hello sir, no rebuttals on this one! If you suck — get better, very well stated my fellow MBM

6 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

That dude has racked up 100 posts in a week all of them different variations of the same thing. The Metz comment was half-joke/half-serious — you and I must have really different definitions of nauseating

Post 1: Hello sir, I disagree. Yuri Collins is actually really good at basketball, in my opinion. Classic or “vintage” Yuri is a wizard on the court. To go even further, and I hope I’m not ruffling any feathers, but I think he makes the team better — please see these additional  highlights/stats for more context  [insert here]

Post 2: Hello sir, no rebuttals on this one! If you suck — get better, very well stated my fellow MBM

Isn’t this All OPINION?  People have different opinions on the same thing.  Maybe just deal with it? 

14 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Has it ever been done, in any conference, where one player tops two career lists in the same game?

Assists Since 1985-86

Rank Player AST From To  
1 Yuri Collins 786 2020 2023  
2 Jacob Gilyard 782 2018 2022  
3 Jameer Nelson 713 2001 2004  
4 Tyson Wheeler 712 1995 1998  
5 Chaz Williams 702 2010 2014  

And Turnovers.  Collins and Williams share top places on both lists

Turnovers Since 2007-08

Rank Player TOV From To  
1 Yuri Collins 358 2020 2023  
2 Chaz Williams 353 2010 2014  
3 Grant Golden 347 2017 2022  
4 Tu Holloway 345 2009 2012  
5 Chris Gaston 343 2010 2013  

It’s hard to go just off totals unless you look at total games.  Granted, they may not all be starts, but some players had 3 years and some 4.  Yuri has the most assists in the fewest games, but also the most turnovers in the fewest games.  Chaz Williams is the only assist leader that is also on the T/O list, so 3 of the top 5 assist leaders didn’t even make the T/O list.  Williams played in 136 games for a 5.16/2.6 avg to 107 games and counting for Yuri 7.34/3.35 avg.

9 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

He comes in a little strong for my liking but what he said is true.

The announcers did say he had an uncharacteristically high number of TO’s that game. He had 6. He has had 5 or more 7 times this year. I wouldn’t call his game Tuesday uncharacteristically high. 
I also wouldn’t argue that he took a lot of ill advised shots at the end of the game because he did. 

The second post I also agree with. Nothing wrong with criticizing players for poor performances. And I would say scraping by RI = a poor performance. 

Again, he comes in harder than I would but I don’t disagree. 
This has been a disappointing season and if people feel different they had different expectations than I did. 

Personally I like reading differing opinions even if I think they are over the top. If it was all rainbows and unicorn farts it would be a pretty boring board. 

billiken_roy and Schasz like this

10 hours ago, dlarry said:

Calling posters trolls has become so cringe worthy.

I disagree with this. There's a difference between straight up trolls who post nothing but unhelpful, derogatory content, and posters who engage in worthwhile discussion, but are just annoying. I think we have more of the latter, but the former certainly still exist here and it DOES make the board worse for wear.

9 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I disagree with this. There's a difference between straight up trolls who post nothing but unhelpful, derogatory content, and posters who engage in worthwhile discussion, but are just annoying. I think we have more of the latter, but the former certainly still exist here and it DOES make the board worse for wear.

Sure but I see the it thrown around so much that’s it’s lost it’s meaning. 
Someone posts something negative someone is going to call them a troll. 

23 hours ago, Schasz said:

Perhaps going too far back for Bill, but IMHO H Waldman was a much better PG than Yuri has been. 

Another tough one for you last night - hope you're able to recover. Thanks for stopping by this small insignificant school's message board!!

37 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Sure but I see the it thrown around so much that’s it’s lost it’s meaning. 
Someone posts something negative someone is going to call them a troll. 

Rule of thumb. One positive to a hundred negative, you're probably a troll.  Just signed up and have that ratio, you are a troll.  For the record 99.9% of those calling for Ford's firing, not trolls.  I've been guilty of trolling posts as have most of us but I am not a troll.  You aren't.  Even old guy is just, apparently, an old guy with nothing better to do than fill up the board with goofiness but not a troll in my opinion.

majerus mojo likes this

21 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Rule of thumb. One positive to a hundred negative, you're probably a troll.  Just signed up and have that ratio, you are a troll.  For the record 99.9% of those calling for Ford's firing, not trolls.  I've been guilty of trolling posts as have most of us but I am not a troll.  You aren't.  Even old guy is just, apparently, an old guy with nothing better to do than fill up the board with goofiness but not a troll in my opinion.

For the most part I agree. I think some people just enjoy b******* about stuff. Sometimes the bad is more interesting than the good.

I think 98-% of posters generally want the Bills to win they just get overly frustrated and come here to vent. 

4 hours ago, dlarry said:

He comes in a little strong for my liking but what he said is true.

The announcers did say he had an uncharacteristically high number of TO’s that game. He had 6. He has had 5 or more 7 times this year. I wouldn’t call his game Tuesday uncharacteristically high. 
I also wouldn’t argue that he took a lot of ill advised shots at the end of the game because he did. 

The second post I also agree with. Nothing wrong with criticizing players for poor performances. And I would say scraping by RI = a poor performance. 

Again, he comes in harder than I would but I don’t disagree. 
This has been a disappointing season and if people feel different they had different expectations than I did. 

Personally I like reading differing opinions even if I think they are over the top. If it was all rainbows and unicorn farts it would be a pretty boring board. 

Yuri averages 3.5 turnovers per game. I would say 6 counts as "uncharacteristically high", but that's just me. Also a game where he stinks is not "classic/vintage Yuri" - because he is, generally, and at his best, a good player. (I know this is controversial now). 

There is a difference between criticizing players and being a total ass. 

Literally everyone on the board is disappointed with how the season has played out - no one is saying otherwise? 

Yuri is a once in a lifetime talent that I think is being squandered by Coach Ford.

Issues with him forcing it or driving directly into guys 1' taller than him are systemic with this coach. 

BC1764 and Schasz like this

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

For the most part I agree. I think some people just enjoy b******* about stuff. Sometimes the bad is more interesting than the good.

I think 98-% of posters generally want the Bills to win they just get overly frustrated and come here to vent. 

This. It's not a big fanbase anyway as evidenced on Twitter, so this is the only place with a sizable amount of fans.

28 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Yuri averages 3.5 turnovers per game. I would say 6 counts as "uncharacteristically high", but that's just me. Also a game where he stinks is not "classic/vintage Yuri" - because he is, generally, and at his best, a good player. (I know this is controversial now). 

There is a difference between criticisizing players and being a total ass. 

Literally everyone on the board is disappointed with how the season has played out - no one is saying otherwise? 

I can agree with that.  I just don’t see 6 TOs as uncharacteristically high.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Do you know what I want to see much more in my lifetime than a guy setting assists records?  The second weekend of the NCAA Tournament.

I was hoping to see Collins set the Sweet 16 assists record. 
At least the NIT assists record is still in play!!

brianstl likes this

28 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Yuri is a once in a lifetime talent that I think is being squandered by Coach Ford.

Issues with him forcing it or driving directly into guys 1' taller than him are systemic with this coach. 

I said I hated watching Yuri…let me clarify.  I love the passes, love to see him take good shots even if he misses—I hate the idiotic drives into the trees and wasted possessions.  Those drives and hero ball takes away all the fun and excitement of the great passes for me.  That’s just me.  I like Travis.  I hope Travis has huge success.  I hate his use of the bench, I hate how he allows Yuri to drive into the trees or possibly even instructs him too?  I hate the fact he stops the offense when they have a big lead.  I agree he could use Yuri so much more effectively.  It’s hard to watch sometimes.

57 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

There is a difference between criticizing players and being a total ass. 

He averages 3.5 that means he has 1-3 on occasion and 5-6 on occasion.  Its not as rare as most would like.  You said Yuri had a bad game right?  I never said he had a bad game.  I said he had a vintage Yuri game.   As far as no one saying otherwise about being disappointed in the season—you’re absolutely wrong.  There’s a lot of people giving this team a pass or being satisfied with a NIT level team.  It’s all over this board!  

1 hour ago, BANGheGOTit said:

I said I hated watching Yuri…let me clarify.  I love the passes, love to see him take good shots even if he misses—I hate the idiotic drives into the trees and wasted possessions.  Those drives and hero ball takes away all the fun and excitement of the great passes for me.  That’s just me.  I like Travis.  I hope Travis has huge success.  I hate his use of the bench, I hate how he allows Yuri to drive into the trees or possibly even instructs him too?  I hate the fact he stops the offense when they have a big lead.  I agree he could use Yuri so much more effectively.  It’s hard to watch sometimes.

This post contains probably the first bits of positive comments you've made in your 120 or so posts.  That's the issue.  You are going to rub folks the wrong way if you come onto this board as a new poster and do nothing but blast the team, the coaches, and the players for 100+ posts.