Collins Sets Two A10 Career Records in Same Game

HoosierPal

Has it ever been done, in any conference, where one player tops two career lists in the same game?

Assists Since 1985-86

Rank Player AST From To  
1 Yuri Collins 786 2020 2023  
2 Jacob Gilyard 782 2018 2022  
3 Jameer Nelson 713 2001 2004  
4 Tyson Wheeler 712 1995 1998  
5 Chaz Williams 702 2010 2014  

And Turnovers.  Collins and Williams share top places on both lists

Turnovers Since 2007-08

Rank Player TOV From To  
1 Yuri Collins 358 2020 2023  
2 Chaz Williams 353 2010 2014  
3 Grant Golden 347 2017 2022  
4 Tu Holloway 345 2009 2012  
5 Chris Gaston 343 2010 2013  

This is how these things go, I recommend "Facing Nolan" on Netflix.  All time strike outs, no hitters etc but also most walks ever.  But still 1 of the greatest ever. 

I thought it was kind of funny on the telecast last night how they mentioned something about Yuri and his uncharacteristically high amount of turnovers in that particular game. No that’s vintage Yuri, Especially if you add in the ill-advised shots or drives into the lane. Simply classic.

We may never have a point guard as good as Yuri again in our lifetimes. I suggest y'all get your heads out of your @sses and enjoy it while you can. 

He's a top 10 player at his position in the country and everyone in the nation praises him as deserved yet we nitpick every mistake as if he's not afforded any of them and none of them are actually the fault of a teammate - GIVE ME A FU*KING BREAK. 

5 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Has it ever been done, in any conference, where one player tops two career lists in the same game?

Assists Since 1985-86

Rank Player AST From To  
1 Yuri Collins 786 2020 2023  
2 Jacob Gilyard 782 2018 2022  
3 Jameer Nelson 713 2001 2004  
4 Tyson Wheeler 712 1995 1998  
5 Chaz Williams 702 2010 2014  

And Turnovers.  Collins and Williams share top places on both lists

Turnovers Since 2007-08

Rank Player TOV From To  
1 Yuri Collins 358 2020 2023  
2 Chaz Williams 353 2010 2014  
3 Grant Golden 347 2017 2022  
4 Tu Holloway 345 2009 2012  
5 Chris Gaston 343 2010 2013  

What's truly remarkable is that Grant Golden is 3rd on the all-time TOs list as a center. You think Richmond hates him the way y'all hate Yuri?

slufanskip likes this

Everyone assumes @HoosierPal is trying to slight Yuri by giving us updates on his career turnovers total.  He can speak for himself, but I think he's just keeping track & finds it interesting so he's posting it here.  If you know Hoosier's history, he keeps / tracks record lists.  That's just part of what he does / who he is.

Most MBMs are smart enough to look at Yuri's career turnover numbers and put them into context given his career assist numbers.

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

We may never have a point guard as good as Yuri again in our lifetimes. I suggest y'all get your heads out of your @sses and enjoy it while you can. 

He's a top 10 player at his position in the country and everyone in the nation praises him as deserved yet we nitpick every mistake as if he's not afforded any of them and none of them are actually the fault of a teammate - GIVE ME A FU*KING BREAK. 

there have been many end of games by yuri this year i have hardly called enjoyable.

p.s. i guess i'm not in the "everyone" gang.

2 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

You must be planning to check out in the next year or two.  I actually hate it.  I actually enjoy very little of watching him drive into the trees.  He makes some great passes but he makes way too many mistakes.  I can’t remember all the guards SLU has had over the last 30 years or so, but people who act like he is the greatest of all time just annoy me.  He may end up with the stats that say he is, but there are intangibles you can’t measure.  Give me any number of the guards during Spoonball or the Majerus years, maybe even a few of the other coaching regimes and I would take my chances with one of those running this offense.  

Wow wow wow wow. Embarrassed to be apart of this fanbase reading stuff like this. 

Not sure if the boos I heard toward the end of the game last night were directed toward yuri but if they were that is some of the most bush league fan support I've ever seen. I had hoped nobody on this board was a part of that. But I may have been wrong in that assumption.

38 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Wow wow wow wow. Embarrassed to be apart of this fanbase reading stuff like this. 

Not sure if the boos I heard toward the end of the game last night were directed toward yuri but if they were that is some of the most bush league fan support I've ever seen. I had hoped nobody on this board was a part of that. But I may have been wrong in that assumption.

OMG!  The Horror…the horror!  Fans are fans and these are not kids.  They are paid to perform whether it’s in NIL money or scholarship.  This is the freaking real world.  If you suck, you simply need to get better.

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Everyone assumes @HoosierPal is trying to slight Yuri by giving us updates on his career turnovers total.  He can speak for himself, but I think he's just keeping track & finds it interesting so he's posting it here.  If you know Hoosier's history, he keeps / tracks record lists.  That's just part of what he does / who he is.

Most MBMs are smart enough to look at Yuri's career turnover numbers and put them into context given his career assist numbers.

100% a slight 😂

I appreciate Hoosier for his historian/radio transcribe posts but this is an L

3 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

The board has become close to unreadable. Mostly due to the lack of basketball IQ from so many posters. 

14 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

The board has become close to unreadable. Mostly due to the lack of basketball IQ from so many posters. 

I think it's mostly a small handful of sh*t disturbers mixed with long time posters with legitimate criticisms, O.G. is the exception of the long timers.

11 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I think it's mostly a small handful of sh*t disturbers mixed with long time posters with legitimate criticisms, O.G. is the exception of the long timers.

Yeah, they should probably only allow positive posts so people don’t start to melt.

31 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I don’t know it’s still a good read for me.
A bigger problem than the IQ of the board is that a lot of the posters have become Charmin soft. 
Any criticism of a player or coach and you have a handful of posters calling for a ban or the Metz plan. it’s nauseating.

If you don’t agree with someone tell them why they are wrong and if you don’t want to do that put then on ignore.

Calling posters trolls has become so cringe worthy.  

The way I see it the more posters the better. Doesn’t matter if I agree with them or not.

Some of the board seems to be taking on the personality of the team….SOFT. 

Slufanskip this rant was not directed at you in anyway. Your post just happened to tee me up for my rant.