GDT: you know what rhymes with Rhode Island?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dlarry said:

Relief

This team is going to lose by 20+ on Friday.

I’m already mad at myself for wasting a Friday night watching these guys. 

We might keep it within 20.

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Relief

This team is going to lose by 20+ on Friday.

I’m already mad at myself for wasting a Friday night watching these guys. 

If you give me 20 points I'll take that bet.

I don't like the money line vs a better Dayton team, especially on the road.

We survived against RI though. That's good, I guess. NIT here we come.

The Billikens look snake bit currently, are having difficulty shaking teams playing with the lead, have been unable to deliver the big knockout punch. Plus, that URI banked 3 was bad luck.

But a Win is a Win. Let me repeat: A Win is a Win. This was a much needed Win. And this time SLU (Gibson Jimerson) hit the big shot.

Despite all the doom and gloom on this board, SLU is 16-8, 8-3, in 2nd Place in the A10, a mere 1/2 game out of First Place, and solidly positioned for the Double Bye.

The Sun is going to rise in the morning. Tomorrow is a new day. Make it a good one. 

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Gibson jimmerson hit a big shot. Good to see 

If I was coach of a top 25 team that just happened to flip on our game tonight, I’m all over Gibson in the portal after watching that game. He may have earned himself a spot on a really good team with that one.

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

If I was coach of a top 25 team that just happened to flip on our game tonight, I’m all over Gibson in the portal after watching that game. He may have earned himself a spot on a really good team with that one.

You know there’s plenty of coaches who are already aware.  With a rebuilding year ahead (even with Gibby it could be a struggle next year), he may get a opportunity he can’t pass up.

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

He may have saved Yuri a ton of bashing had he not hit that 3, especially after that crap Yuri pulled ONCE AGAIN!  Yuri says they need to close out games according to the announcers?  Maybe if you stop playing hero ball it would help!

7 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

You know there’s plenty of coaches who are already aware.  With a rebuilding year ahead (even with Gibby it could be a struggle next year), he may get a opportunity he can’t pass up.

Not if we can Ford and bring in a coach who had players ready to go, like SPUMAC did this year.

Schasz likes this

We won that is good but not acceptable completely.  Ford on his post game visit says we just are not getting anything done on offense and we have defensive lapse.  Here we are 7 games left in the season and we were a top 25 preseason pick and we are still bumping around in the dark.  Ford is responsible for this and only him.  He just has one excuse after another but nothing ever seems to change.  

This Rhode Island team was like looking in a mirror. Which makes sense, since the game was tied with 1:20 left.

No remarkable players on either team, same garbage Harlem Globetrotters weave (to run 12 seconds off the shot clock, just to get the ball back to where it started), poor ball protection, lazy passes, etc.

Just a couple of very average D1 teams.

Pretty sure I heard some boos directed toward Yuri, toward the end of the game. Lots of frustration with the program right now. 

9 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

This Rhode Island team was like looking in a mirror. Which makes sense, since the game was tied with 1:20 left.

No remarkable players on either team, same garbage Harlem Globetrotters weave (to run 12 seconds off the shot clock, just to get the ball back to where it started), poor ball protection, lazy passes, etc.

Just a couple of very average D1 teams.

Pretty sure I heard some boos directed toward Yuri, toward the end of the game. Lots of frustration with the program right now. 

I heard the boos as well, after he bricked a heavily contested long 2. You know it’s bad when the usually tame SLU fans are booing the guy that just broke the A10 record for assists.

thunderdan likes this