GDT: VCU, Why are basketball players so excited to make it to the last hole in golf?

SluSignGuy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Well the good news is that Ford can have the team unprepared in a bunch of different ways.

The team can also collapse a bunch of different ways. 

You never know how this team will screw up you just know that they will! 
They keep me guessing so I keep coming back.

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I’m so wrong and I hate to admit it. 

I thought pickett was the most consistent Nesbitt.

its the exact way around 

I really can’t remember a worse two game stretch from a player as highly thought of as Pickett. I’ve never been a big fan, he doesn’t do anything any better than slightly above average, but I didn’t think he was this bad. 

Just now, gobillsgo said:

I really can’t remember a worse two game stretch from a player as highly thought of as Pickett. I’ve never been a big fan, he doesn’t do anything any better than slightly above average, but I didn’t think he was this bad. 

He will score 30 against RI and not score score or do things for 3 games after that 

9 minutes ago, laker119 said:

His press conferences are just run of the mill Coach-speak and nobody ever asks him hard questions.  Disappointing

An obvious question tonight would have been “why didn’t you try ANYTHING else on Baldwin” 

56 minutes ago, Fraz said:

This was a game Thatch would’ve been effective in.  He would’ve had a crack at guarding Baldwin and it couldn’t  have been worse than what Yuri brought.

But yes, throw him in there a month after tearing his knee up.  That’s exactly what I meant 

We went to the zone for a short time in the second half and it seemed to be working. Don’t know why we stopped. 

The lack of discipline is amazing.  For a few stretches in the 1st half we moved the ball and made the extra pass.  Then we revert to selfish hero ball and Ford just let's it go. 

I cannot get upset with any player.  Ford has 100% control of playing time, yet we've seen the same mistakes at crunch time over and over.

Ford handcuffs himself by always  referring to Yuri as the best PG in college basketball.   How can the coach instruct or bench someone when he's already been proclaimed the best?

David King and Marlow like this

6 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Just terrible execution down the stretch.. I haven’t seen a collapse like that since… the last time we played…

what a disappointing year.  Even if by some miracle we win the A10 and go to NCAA, I still don’t think I could shake the ptsd from this regular season. 

It just seems like we squander once in a decade talent every year somehow?

Bizziken likes this

21 minutes ago, DOC said:

Exactly. A bigger defender like Hughes would have made a difference. Yuri is absolutely brutal on defense. 

Maybe, maybe not.  LH, Jr. is a Freshman.  He has been impressive in being able to double down on bigs and steal the ball when the bigs put the ball on the floor.  Whether anyone on SLU's roster could have guarded Ace Baldwin in the zone he was in tonight is unknown, certainly not a definite, likely not even a probable. 

Tonight was a game in which the absence (due to season ending injury) of Fred Thatch, Jr. was noticeable.  Thatch, no doubt, would have logged a high number of minutes tonight guarding Ace Baldwin.

8 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Maybe, maybe not.  LH, Jr. is a Freshman.  He has been impressive in being able to double down on bigs and steal the ball when the bigs put the ball on the floor.  Whether anyone on SLU's roster could have guarded Ace Baldwin in the zone he was in tonight is unknown, certainly not a definite, likely not even a probable. 

Tonight was a game in which the absence (due to season ending injury) of Fred Thatch, Jr. was noticeable.  Thatch, no doubt, would have logged a high number of minutes tonight guarding Ace Baldwin.

No argument about Baldwin being in the zone, but he continually shot right over Collins. Right in his face. He didn’t beat Yuri, he shot over him. My point was we needed to change it up. Go zone or get a bigger defender or double team him. They can’t shoot a lick so why not stop the guy in the zone?

Marlow likes this

2 minutes ago, DOC said:

No argument about Baldwin being in the zone, but he continually shot right over Collins. Right in his face. He didn’t beat Yuri, he shot over him. My point was we needed to change it up. Go zone or get a bigger defender. 

The zone, which was employed for a short time, seemed effective to me. Normally you don’t stop a shooter like Ace Baldwin with a zone, but nothing else was working. Maybe Willie has a point- having TJ try to guard Baldwin. 

Again says everything about the problems with Ford that even fans are clamoring for guys in excruciating pain and injury to get on the court. Play the healthy guys. Teach them. Ford recruited them, can't they &%^$ing play?

Team Blue has become Team Injured

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

An obvious question tonight would have been “why didn’t you try ANYTHING else on Baldwin” 

Because he doesn't know how to. He can't even run a simple pick and roll. And defense-wise, he's like Mike Martz was in the NFL, except he is not good at offense either. But he needs a "defensive coordinator" or assistant coach to run the D side of things because he sure can't.