GDT: VCU, Why are basketball players so excited to make it to the last hole in golf?

SluSignGuy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need more toughness. The Billikens are a one trick pony with 3 point shooting. Looks like a knockoff McKillop team. That's the most glaring problem. Stop relying and depending on injured/crippled guys. Good shooting, nothing else. Slow.

Such an average average team. Inability to win big games rears its ugly head again. If we can’t win against vcu at home in this atmosphere it’s gonna take a miracle to win in Brooklyn. Yuri had some nice passes but still gets such horrendous tunnel vision late in the game it’s pretty much a net neutral. All talk about him being the best guard in the conference needs to be silenced tonight. Ace whooped him on both ends of the floor. Perkins is nothing but a spot up shooter and I would trust Forrester to bring the ball up the floor more than him. Jimerson and Forrester had good games. Pickett has nothing on offense but layups. Not sure why Hargrove isn’t getting more minutes because clearly what we’ve been doing hasn’t been working. Every little run we went on Rhodes had an answer for whereas Ford still shows an inability to make such adjustments. Rebounding messes and fumbling rebounds still so common it’s maddening. This team is charmin soft too and can’t handle any adversity 

Unfortunately unlike 2019 I’m not sure we have someone like Isabell who can go nuclear

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

And Ford did nothing about. 
Didn’t change anything up, didn’t try anything different just left Collins on him to embarrass himself.

This has been the most consistent theme of Ford’s tenure. The other teams best player has a career game or goes over his average. This years theme, which pretty much goes back to last season, is fold late after we go cold on offense. After we were getting whatever we wanted earlier in the game VCU adjusted but we never adjusted. Spare me the switch to zone. That’s not an adjustment that’s just changing things up not real coaching. 

MattyMo213 likes this

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Why not try anybody else? 
Box and 1?

The length of Hargrove on him ?

The strength of Picket? 

Anything would have been better than nothing.

Right.  The least amount of zone we’ve seen in probably 6 weeks?

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

You don’t get the sarcasm that vcu fans and Mormons are the same. 

Ah.....no......I object to your characterization of the Mormon faith as a cult.  I'm not Mormon but I'd be hard pressed to say which religion does more for humanity if comparing......oh say......the Catholic Church and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

9 minutes ago, wgstl said:

You don’t get the sarcasm that vcu fans and Mormons are the same. 

3 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Ah.....no......I object to your characterization of the Mormon faith as a cult.  I'm not Mormon but I'd be hard pressed to say which religion does more for humanity if comparing......oh say......the Catholic Church and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

94ef9368-ffde-410c-a5de-2953765b8422_tex

A real stinker of a loss - one of the worst. The momentum the team had rebuilt since December losses is now disappeared. It seems like we were trying something different with Perkins and Pickett handling the ball more. It has not worked. Lack of a true backup point guard has been damaging.