GDT: Fordham; What do basketball players call the first meal of the day?

SluSignGuy

4 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Time to sweep the A10 tournament if we want to get in the NCAA tournament. Otherwise the NIT awaits, assuming we get in there, of course….

Preseason top 30 team, receiving votes, and we’ve been talking about having to win the A10 tourney to dance since BEFORE Christmas. This isn’t a 2nd year coach, this is a coach that’s been here 7 seasons. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Preseason top 30 team, receiving votes, and we’ve been talking about having to win the A10 tourney to dance since BEFORE Christmas. This isn’t a 2nd year coach, this is a coach that’s been here 7 seasons. 

I’d move on from Ford.

Which one of you big money donors is going to step up to buy him out?

43 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

There was ne ver a chance at an at-large bid.  Just give it up.  This is and was Brooklyn or Bust.  How about some expert analysis from our Podcast mouth who, on the other thread, said it was Fordham and to just relax.  I'll wait for that.

Co;;ins was horrible.  Bottom line.  Fordham ran Richardson, Charleton and Rose at him and just denied him the ball and harassed him all over the court.  I thought he even shied away from the ball.   He played like a timid pussycat.  The All-American point guard.  Plus, once again, stupidity got him two quick fouls causing him to miss the de fascto second quarter.  His first was 30+ seconds into the game tripping a guy already past him.  Does he realize that giving up two points or three is a lot better than giving up nine plus minutes of court time?  I don't think so.  And we remain hamstrung by the fact that Ford never got us a reliable backup point guard.  Larry Hughes Jr just ain't it ---- yet.

I still also don't understand how come we don't have a stack or pick and roll set up for inbounding under the basket to come down the court.  Without this, the ball goes to Pickett or Perkins who labor up the court and then have about 15 seconds to drive recklessly for their own shot.  Again, that's on Ford if you ask me.

I've long questioned why we run our offense through the bigs at the foul.  Change that to Perkins or Pickett --- at least they present the option to pop and shoot.  Novitskyi never came out past the restricted area and Okoro had to come to him.  Not that he stopped Franco but why give Franco the turnover opportunity for the ten feet from the foul line to his five-foot range?

Fordham wanted it more and physically abused us all over the court.  AND WE LET THEM.  They played like the VCU of old ---- clutching, grabbing, forearm bars, etc. daring the refs to call it.  And they did not.  They punched us in the mouth and we ran home to mommy.

Again, the Brooklyn bid has not been compromised however it would have been nice to get VCU at home with a one game lead.  But this is the Billikens.  We're still in first so I guess I'll be thankful for that.  Still just want a top four finish.

While I am not surprised, I am disappointed we took it so casually up the arse.  

Urgo was Pitino 2.0 in applying the New York pressure on Yuri, expanding to full court pressure.

We were taught to punish the press, beat it, run and shoot layups. SLU was intent on getting to half court and get caught in the slowdown, East Coast half court chess match with assorted Big Apple muggings.

Losing sucks but should have implications on Friday. Nothing changes that with a win we’re still in 1st. 

ppl forget, big difference between 1st place and 2-3 on this conference. 

11 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

I’d move on from Ford.

Which one of you big money donors is going to step up to buy him out?

As a non-big money donor who loves hypothetically spending other people’s money, someone needs to buck up as much as it takes.  

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Losing sucks but should have implications on Friday. Nothing changes that with a win we’re still in 1st. 

ppl forget, big difference between 1st place and 2-3 on this conference. 

Does it really matter? We aren’t getting an at-large bid. At this point I don’t care if we’re a 1 seed or a 4 seed.  I want the double bye seed that gives us the best possible matchups.  

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Does it really matter? We aren’t getting an at-large bid. At this point I don’t care if we’re a 1 seed or a 4 seed.  I want the double bye seed that gives us the best possible matchups.  

That’s the thing tho. This league only has 3 teams to worry about on a neutral court. The 2 and 3 play on one side of the bracket. So getting a 1, hell, a 4 seed is better than 2-3 imo 

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Hey look, Okoro is still open under the basket waiting for somebody, ANYBODY, to get him the ball.

Watching UD come back, and knowing VCU came back(sorta) hurts 

5 hours ago, dlarry said:

Hey look, Okoro is still open under the basket waiting for somebody, ANYBODY, to get him the ball.

biggest crime of the night.   okoro having his best night of the year and we quit going to him.  wtf?

9 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

We aren’t getting an at-large bid.

The only comfort to me is that no one in the A10 is getting one either lol. NET can say all it wants about Dayton, but they don't deserve an At-Large just like we don't.

I’m confused why Yuri didn’t have the ball in his hands against the pressure. That is exactly when you want your dominant pg to have the ball. Quoting Yuri from an article earlier in the season, “Just go get it”.  He didn’t. I like JP bringing up the ball on occasion to get his but not against mad pressure. He was getting mauled all night. Then Okoro not getting fed in the 2nd half is puzzling.  How about a pick for Gibby? Bad game. We can still win the conference and hang a banner. Show up and support on Friday. Go Bills.

12 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

To not go to okoro rarely in the second half was criminal.   To have Collins stand in the corner and watch Pickett embarrass himself as the point guard for more than one possession was insane.  To put up with the selfishness, lack of focus, and poor effort by the players was infuriating 

what really sucks is this what?   4th time this year we've seen this happen?  Losing when we had the superior talent has to stop.

RM would have not put up with it.  Even though we were winning at the half you could see the team's play was not effective.  Ford had the half time to address it and 3 time outs in the second.  He just seems at times to be lost with what to do.

30 minutes ago, Scoop said:

I’m confused why Yuri didn’t have the ball in his hands against the pressure. That is exactly when you want your dominant pg to have the ball. Quoting Yuri from an article earlier in the season, “Just go get it”.  He didn’t. I like JP bringing up the ball on occasion to get his but not against mad pressure. He was getting mauled all night. Then Okoro not getting fed in the 2nd half is puzzling.  How about a pick for Gibby? Bad game. We can still win the conference and hang a banner. Show up and support on Friday. Go Bills.

Here is what was reported:  Javonte Perkins and Javon Pickett ran the offense quite a bit with the expectation that they would be able to create shots on their own against the Fordham defense. Along with Sincere Parker, they combined to make six of 23 shots.