GDT: Fordham; What do basketball players call the first meal of the day?

SluSignGuy

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Okoro had two awful plays at the end but his second half other than that wasn’t his fault. 
He was dominating and the TEAM choose not to use him offensively. 
First play of the half should have gone on the block to Okoro and let him work until they proved they could stop him.

I

It’s literally coaching 101.  If they can’t stop him keep feeding him the ball.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

Maybe, still can’t give the ball directly to the other team two possessions in row in one possession game late in the second half. At least he usually has the courtesy to do it in the first half. 

The TO on the rebound I can’t excuse.  But I think the second one is is shot attempt that he missed?  I would blame Travis first off cause it’s the same old song and dance of a pick and roll and no other offensive plan in crunch time.  If we are running stuff through Okoro when we need a bucket, I think it tells us all we need to know about how competent our coach is at actually “coaching” Xs and Os. 

gobillsgo likes this

7 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Travis tried to warn them re Fordham, but the players have to show up and play ball. SLU was up 8 in second half, never could shake F, got outhustled. 

Hard disagree. We played hard but our guys are constantly deployed to accentuate their weaknesses and minimize their strengths. That's on the coach.

11 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Perhaps the most maddening thing with this team is when our backs are against the wall we aimlessly drive into the lane and run into 2 bigs.  Perkins, Yuri, Sincere back to back to back like clockwork.  No sets, just panicking.  Did we score in the last 3 minutes?

Id rather hoist 30 footers  

Panic is spot on. They absolutely panic. That’s on the players but mostly on the coach for somehow failing to recognize this (how!?) and not point this out and adjust. Shame because Ford had been masterful at his 2nd half adjustments the past 4 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, laker119 said:

The TO on the rebound I can’t excuse.  But I think the second one is is shot attempt that he missed?  I would blame Travis first off cause it’s the same old song and dance of a pick and roll and no other offensive plan in crunch time.  If we are running stuff through Okoro when we need a bucket, I think it tells us all we need to know about how competent our coach is at actually “coaching” Xs and Os. 

Yeah running the offense through our bigs at the top of the key is so dumb. You’d think we had Nikola Jokic out there based on our system.  But Okoro and Forrester are basically walking turnovers out top. 

couple that with how quick the hands of the Fordham guards were, as well as all the hand checks/ holds they got away with, it was always a recipe for disaster. 

10 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Perhaps the most maddening thing with this team is when our backs are against the wall we aimlessly drive into the lane and run into 2 bigs.  Perkins, Yuri, Sincere back to back to back like clockwork.  No sets, just panicking.  Did we score in the last 3 minutes?

Id rather hoist 30 footers  

No kidding. It’s like everyone except Ford and the players can see that it isn’t working. And you need to make threes to come back late. Did we even shoot any??

Just now, gobillsgo said:

No kidding. It’s like everyone except Ford and the players can see that it isn’t working. And you need to make threes to come back late. Did we even shoot any??

I was wondering that too…I can’t recall a three in the last 10 mins, let alone the last like 5?  Surely I’m missing one, but still…