The Bills over Ford by 4

The Wiz

On 1/30/2023 at 10:02 AM, billikenfan05 said:

Sweet Jesus, we're 7-1 and this message board is talking about Fordham like they are world beaters...Yes it's an A10 road game, yes they are all tough. But "I don't know how we guard Moore?" They have division 1 players we have division 1 players. It's not Holmes, Toppin, Weathers, etc.... Hargrove and Pickett have both shown an ability to play undersized 4 in a way that would make Double D proud.

We didn't guard Moore and Fordham is good. Get it now?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

I sure hope we get some in-depth analysis from zakkie considering Fordham just pushed us all over the floor and made Yuri look like a high schooler again.  Can't wait to hear it ...... 

I hope that analysis starts off with phrase, “Sweet Jesus.”

Bolded statements from the original post...

Let's get right to the numbers...

Play like we have been playing and this game is ours.... We didn't and we lost.

This is essentially a 2 man team...Quissenberry and Moore...stop them and you win......... bottom line formula is ...Stop Quiz + Moore=Win........Hold their  Quiz and Moore  to a combined 25pts ...Well in case anybody missed the points  that I made over and over in the original post....here they are again....Quiz & Moore = 47pts..almost double the target...or as Rammer would say...ball game.

Match them on TOs...We had 16 to their 12..which led to the following stat...pts off TOs...18 to 6 advantage Fham....Had we had our usual 10 or 11 TOs ..we win

Make the slash...46/35/75...42/22/75...not too far off missed this by two 3s...but in a close game this could have made a difference

they can't shoot with the exception of FTs....this too turned out to be true...42/22/83...Fham also had 3 more FGA plus 4 extra FTA

Don't give them free pts by fouling Quiz... Should have listened to the computer...9-9..100%

Beat them on the boards by 4... Tied...should have won this stat...another difference maker

Beat their bench by 12 pts...Fell a little short here as we topped them 17-10...but they didn't need much bench help...did I mention they were a 2 man team

One last notable stat... The game plan of trying to take Yuri out of the game left him with just 1 assist...for those that say assists don't matter...they do

And finally ...a tip o' the cap to Okoro who had a great night ...a double double...21pts and 11 rebs....FG% 80%...nice going.

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Bolded statements from the original post...

Let's get right to the numbers...

Play like we have been playing and this game is ours.... We didn't and we lost.

This is essentially a 2 man team...Quissenberry and Moore...stop them and you win......... bottom line formula is ...Stop Quiz + Moore=Win........Hold their  Quiz and Moore  to a combined 25pts ...Well in case anybody missed the points  that I made over and over in the original post....here they are again....Quiz & Moore = 47pts..almost double the target...or as Rammer would say...ball game.

Match them on TOs...We had 16 to their 12..which led to the following stat...pts off TOs...18 to 6 advantage Fham....Had we had our usual 10 or 11 TOs ..we win

Make the slash...46/35/75...42/22/75...not too far off missed this by two 3s...but in a close game this could have made a difference

they can't shoot with the exception of FTs....this too turned out to be true...42/22/83...Fham also had 3 more FGA plus 4 extra FTA

Don't give them free pts by fouling Quiz... Should have listened to the computer...9-9..100%

Beat them on the boards by 4... Tied...should have won this stat...another difference maker

Beat their bench by 12 pts...Fell a little short here as we topped them 17-10...but they didn't need much bench help...did I mention they were a 2 man team

One last notable stat... The game plan of trying to take Yuri out of the game left him with just 1 assist...for those that say assists don't matter...they do

And finally ...a tip o' the cap to Okoro who had a great night ...a double double...21pts and 11 rebs....FG% 80%...nice going.

ive been saying for his entire career, yuri is a good point guard.   that is where it ends.   he is not an effective scorer, he doesnt consistently create his own shots, he needs to be a point guard.   how many trips once we walked the ball into our end did he go stand in the corner and did nothing while we painfully watched pickett pretend to be a point guard?   just a horrible game plan.   we let them be the style we should be playing fast, swarming pressing defense.   we plodded up the floor and expected them to just get out of our way.  didnt protect the ball and didnt do anything expected.   just painful.  horrible performance first and foremost by ford. 

Soderball, Schasz and Bizziken like this