The Bills over Ford by 4

The Wiz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BC1764 said:

I’ve never been a fan of saying we when We don’t put in the blood, sweat, tears, and hours to be a college and pro sports athlete

or the editorial "We". We tested 20 hair driers, I picture the round table @ the Algonquin with martinis & a box of driers giving them a whirl.

11 hours ago, Compton said:

Since he started starting we've gone 6-1. So it's going pretty well.

I'm not for a moment saying anything negative about TJ.  He's an integral part of our success.  He's just not built to defend a big load in the post.  I could say the same of everyone on the team except Momo, Okoro, and Forrester.

59 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

My point was Moore presents a difficult problem for us. 6’7, athletic as heck, can score at all 3 levels. They also have another big who can score in the post. So, they have two bigs who can hurt us and we only play one.

Assuming we play a lot of man, I don’t see TJ or Pickett being able to stop Moore. Also, they’ll have 3200 fans in that crackerbox making it a real homecourt advantage. The portal has made Fordham a much-improved team and one that is trending up. 

I expect this game to be every bit as difficult as Davidson. Would love to see us get the half-game lead and then expand on it. It would be a little deflating to have it go the other way.

Well written sir and exactly the point I was trying to make regarding TJ.  

55 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Also, they’ll have 3200 fans in that crackerbox making it a real homecourt advantage.

That will not be the case. There will probably be a generously calculated 1,500 or so fans there. 1,800 tops.

All of our players are familiar with playing in high school gymnasiums. So there won't be a significant home court advantage for the FU Rams.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Depending on the month and dry air, it’s entirely possible to draw some blood clapping. 

hahaha I was about to respond about how I had a nose bleed a few games ago. 

4 hours ago, billikenbill said:

My point was Moore presents a difficult problem for us. 6’7, athletic as heck, can score at all 3 levels. They also have another big who can score in the post. So, they have two bigs who can hurt us and we only play one.

Assuming we play a lot of man, I don’t see TJ or Pickett being able to stop Moore. Also, they’ll have 3200 fans in that crackerbox making it a real homecourt advantage. The portal has made Fordham a much-improved team and one that is trending up. 

I expect this game to be every bit as difficult as Davidson. Would love to see us get the half-game lead and then expand on it. It would be a little deflating to have it go the other way.

SLU has four guys averaging double figure scoring in league play…plus the next four guys not averaging double figures in league play are averaging 8, 8, 7 and 6…in addition to having the top A10 rebounder and the top A10 assist man. Guard that, Fordham…

32 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I have never attended a class at slu, but i have been a fan of billiken basketball since i was a small child.  Can i say WE anymore? could i if i took an online class? help me with the proper pronuons.

Do what you feel, but I feel uncomfortable saying it for any college and pro team I root for.

34 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I have never attended a class at slu, but i have been a fan of billiken basketball since i was a small child.  Can i say WE anymore? could i if i took an online class? help me with the proper pronuons.

Sorry if this came off as some sort of anti-non SLU alum thing, I certainly wasn't going for that. I mean I'm BARELY an alum and my all-time favorite thing is to meet others who just grew up Billiken fans.

14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Sorry if this came off as some sort of anti-non SLU alum thing, I certainly wasn't going for that. I mean I'm BARELY an alum and my all-time favorite thing is to meet others who just grew up Billiken fans.

should have used blue font, i have always thought of the billikens as St Louis's team and i think that will be more prevalent going forward

45 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

Ya I wasn't gate keeping. Kind of came off that way.  My apologies. My season ticket pal is an STL basketball fan and not alumni. SLU needs more of those. 

I was just saying as an alumni saying we makes sense. Since WE are billikens.

The whole "we" thing just isn't that deep. I'm riding the rollercoaster of emotions with the team. I'm from St. Louis. Nobody is claiming they have anything to do with the outcome or are putting in the work these guys do. But WE are living and dying with the team every year.

1 minute ago, dennis_w said:

should have used blue font, i have always thought of the billikens as St Louis's team and i think that will be more prevalent going forward

That’s what I hope for. 

Anyone who gets upset over someone saying “we” when talking about their favorite sports team has a huge dump in their pants.

billiken_roy likes this

34 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

SLU has four guys averaging double figure scoring in league play…plus the next four guys not averaging double figures in league play are averaging 8, 8, 7 and 6…in addition to having the top A10 rebounder and the top A10 assist man. Guard that, Fordham…

top national assist man***

(but I agree Fordham should be terrified)

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Depending on the month and dry air, it’s entirely possible to draw some blood clapping. 

I have to use an obscene amount of lotion to keep this from happening during the season.