#DoTheTate

crymdg2

32 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Impressive to see a guy who essentially works at a gym with a physique like that!

I remember someone in an interview (maybe the late Ford Stuen on MMP?) a few years back talking about Coach Tate doing or maybe teaching spin classes.  I can't remember details, but it was definitely Tate participating in spin classes which seemed crazy to me given his "physique".  This was before he had the leg injury that had him laid up for a while and unable to go out recruiting.  I'm sure the leg injury didn't help, but also goes to show you that genetics plays a huge role in your physique no matter how much work you put in.

33 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I remember someone in an interview (maybe the late Ford Stuen on MMP?) a few years back talking about Coach Tate doing or maybe teaching spin classes.  I can't remember details, but it was definitely Tate participating in spin classes which seemed crazy to me given his "physique".  This was before he had the leg injury that had him laid up for a while and unable to go out recruiting.  I'm sure the leg injury didn't help, but also goes to show you that genetics plays a huge role in your physique no matter how much work you put in.

I think D1 coaching is a tough lifestyle to fit in with fitness and proper diet. Lisa Stone was good at it, always saw her running down Market St.(probably the same route John Klein talked about frequenting). Late nights, long film sessions, living out of hotels often during the season. Stuen and Forte were/are good at finding gyms in the cities on the road, on Instagram Forte is an Orange Theory Fitness guy. But once you hit a certain age it’s gotta be hard to maintain proper fitness routine and decent diet in that lifestyle. 

SluSignGuy likes this

33 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think D1 coaching is a tough lifestyle to fit in with fitness and proper diet. Lisa Stone was good at it, always saw her running down Market St.(probably the same route John Klein talked about frequenting). Late nights, long film sessions, living out of hotels often during the season. Stuen and Forte were/are good at finding gyms in the cities on the road, on Instagram Forte is an Orange Theory Fitness guy. But once you hit a certain age it’s gotta be hard to maintain proper fitness routine and decent diet in that lifestyle. 

Lisa Stone is an amazing outlier. I've heard she's only missed her daily runs twice: each time when her two kids were born.