The Bills over Dav by 2

The Wiz

9 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-that sickness is not a big deal as on the pregame and postgame CFord said Yuri was sick yet he played 34 minutes, I think CFord is trying to lull D'Son into a false sense of security

Everybody reacts to the same illness differently. Some people retain strength and rebound quickly, while others can be knocked down for some time and recover more slowly.

(Removes Old Guy hat.)

brianstl likes this

1 hour ago, juniorbill76 said:

Everybody reacts to the same illness differently. Some people retain strength and rebound quickly, while others can be knocked down for some time and recover more slowly.

(Removes Old Guy hat.)

great had 2 look over 2 avatar make sure was not he :)

Every kid on every D1 roster can likely go off and burn anyone else.  But if you shut down Loyer and Mennenga and still lose to the likes of Huffman, Watson, Skrogman, Bailey and Kochera then you have really failed to defend.  Lynn Greer scored 31 on Geedubya last night.  Folks bomb the lights out against us.  I'd dare Huffman to shoot and if he did and we lost, well I picked my poison.  Loyer's assets ---no Lee and no Jones --- are down this year.

Loyer's numbers are down especially in conference because the conference knows you better than anyone else.  They chase him around just like they chase Jimerson around.  Loyer comes to a screen and I'd switch off immediately with everyone except Mennenga.  I'd dare Watson and Huffman to beat us --- just as teams dare Yuri to shoot inside of 15 feet.  Watson is shooting 30% from three, Huffman is at 18%.  Skogman and Kochera have better percentages.  

They are D1 players and likely deserve merit in someone's eyes.  

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Another 3 pt foul. Holy Mary mother of Christ how r we so stupid? 

The two in the first half were flops and not even in question. Announcers agreed. Javonte's in the second was questionable but could see it going either way. 

Can't complain about good three point defense called badly by the officials. 

A nice win . The computer comes through as we finish within 6 seconds of the actual spread.  We did what we were supposed to do.  We played Bills ball.  This was a high scoring game. Not in general basketball terms but in Dav basketball this was high scoring.   Dav was gassed ...which is why they shot poorly at the end. Their season slash line grades were C/ D- / B...this game F/ F/ F-...good defense....Bills gave up only 5 pts in the final minutes of the game. What a difference from earlier this year.

Let's look at what happened...Bolded statements from original post...

Make the slash...46/35/75 ...actual 53/40/77 ...This was important...an extra 3  and 2 extra 2s for 7 extra pts which we would need to offset some other areas... play like we have been trending recently...we did ...our shooting has been good.

Match them on TOs ...You will note , I didn't mention a number here because Dav is pretty good at protecting the ball and we are not good at forcing TOs...we had a decent total of 11...but they had  only 4...a deficit of 7...and that is why this game was close.  The computer had us as the better team but this was an area of concern...an area that would keep us from breaking it open.

score at least 8 fast break pts....we did...9pts...this was a marker which showed we were doing what we were supposed to be doing.

Don't give them free pts by fouling Loyer or Skogman. .... while Loyer did go 100% (5-5) Skogman  had no FTAs...The team as a whole shot 59%...42% sans Loyer....so overall this worked out.

Hold their top 3 scorers  (Mennega and 2 of their top 3 guards) to a combined 34pts...this was a miss but worked out because of our good shooting (see slash above)... our slash was an exceed...good shooting can fill a lot of holes.

Beat them on the boards by double digits...by 6 rebs...fell a little short here due to 7 fouls on Okoro and Forrester... they probably had to ease up a bit...but again no worry...read slash statement again.

keep them under 70 pts...70 pts was the final...close enough...how important was it to stay at 70 pts...again , we gave up 5 pts in the final 5 min...excellent D

Bottom line....Play the 1st minute like the last minute in a tied game..... it was tied near the end...in hindsight the only thing I would change in that statement would be to add 7 after 1st and last.  The idea was good though ...the Bills stretched it out which was even better ...start and finish with intensity...the sign of a winning team.

joe_davola and SLU_Nick like this

Jimerson shot 3 FTs, one Tech FT and a 2 shot foul but is credited as going 3-4 from the stripe. So the team was 10-12 from the line for 83%, not 77%. The only misses I recall are one by TJ and one by Yuri. 

Wonder if the scorer assumed he was supposed to take 2 tech FTs instead of one and credited him as 1-2 in that situation.

EDIT: I looked up the pbp and Jimerson is listed as having missed one of two technical FTs even though the rule for hanging on the rim calls for only one FT to be shot. Wonder if a correction to the game stats is issued in a situation like that.

4 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Wonder if the scorer assumed he was supposed to take 2 tech FTs instead of one and credited him as 1-2 in that situation.

EDIT: I looked up the pbp and Jimerson is listed as having a missed one of two technical FTs even though the rule for hanging on the rim calls for only one FT to be shot. Wonder if a correction to the game stats is issued in a situation like that.

I didn't even know different classes of tech fouls existed. I thought they were all uniformly 2 FTs.

Seems to be a pattern.  First half, maybe we're not ready or we've inflated opinions of ourselves, but that is when we seem to be more foul prone then not.  Still aren't they supposed to T up the flops?  Mennega on Collins was purely a flop.  But Rammer might be right ....... just stay away.  If you are beat default to hope and prayer.  Jump out sideways away from the shooter.  This has to be addressed.