Chaifetz Sports Announcement

SluSignGuy

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I asked this on the other board.  Did the chaifetz really think Pickleball was worth investing into, or is to lock up NIL deals, or both. 

I'd guess both. Coincides damn near directly with the announcement of the collective and pickleball shows a lot of growth potential and the franchise was probably pennies on the dollar in terms of investment cost. 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Press Box this morning, Dr. Chaifetz called Collins a Branded Ambassador for several of his companies.  He mentioned Collins has insight on social media that has helped them out.

'Why Pickelball'  Fastest growing sport in the country.  "I want to buy, or I will invest in, a professional sports team in a big way."  (He was talking about NBA).  Mark Cuban, LeBron James, Tom Brady, etc. are investors in PB.  

I was a little confused but it sounds like the team won’t play league matches in St Louis.  There will be exhibitions here. 

On the NBA, 'I have been close before'.  You can't pick where you want to have one. 
"I want to own a major sports team, and NBA team is one of my top preferences.  It is up to the League where they want to place an expansion team.  It would be unbelievable to have an NBA team in STL."

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

On the Press Box this morning, Dr. Chaifetz called Collins a Branded Ambassador for several of his companies.  He mentioned Collins has insight on social media that has helped them out.

'Why Pickelball'  Fastest growing sport in the country.  "I want to buy, or I will invest in, a professional sports team in a big way."  (He was talking about NBA).  Mark Cuban, LeBron James, Tom Brady, etc. are investors in PB.  

I was a little confused but it sounds like the team won’t play league matches in St Louis.  There will be exhibitions here. 

On the NBA, 'I have been close before'.  You can't pick where you want to have one. 
"I want to own a major sports team, and NBA team is one of my top preferences.  It is up to the League where they want to place an expansion team.  It would be unbelievable to have an NBA team in STL."

-I read an article saying that is the case

17 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

That's more true than he knows, lol. I'd take a WNBA team, which seems more realistic. 

I can't even imagine an NBA team in St. Louis. I, PERSONALLY, would prefer it stay that way. I like SLU being the only game in town and I think the negatives would outweigh the positives for the program.

on the few occasions i have been to an nba game, imo the nba and the college games are two totally separate fan bases.   i really dont think one affects the other all that much.   

that said, i have no interest in an nba team coming to st louis.   other than Goodwin (for obvious reasons) and Curry (who imo is the most exciting and fun player in the game to watch, i couldnt care less about seeing an nba game.  especially considering the cost of seeing an nba game in person.  give me the Billikens very day. 

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

on the few occasions i have been to an nba game, imo the nba and the college games are two totally separate fan bases.   i really dont think one affects the other all that much.   

that said, i have no interest in an nba team coming to st louis.   other than Goodwin (for obvious reasons) and Curry (who imo is the most exciting and fun player in the game to watch, i couldnt care less about seeing an nba game.  especially considering the cost of seeing an nba game in person.  give me the Billikens very day. 

It would hurt SLU attendance if games were the same night.  How much, that I have zero clue.

If I got to choose, I'd chose no NBA with a full STL focus on SLU.  But I don't ever really see that happening, so I wouldn't get mad if a NBA team ever came here. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I can't even imagine an NBA team in St. Louis. I, PERSONALLY, would prefer it stay that way. I like SLU being the only game in town and I think the negatives would outweigh the positives for the program.

Wellllll, it doesn't seem to hurt Memphis.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

It would hurt SLU attendance if games were the same night.  How much, that I have zero clue.

If I got to choose, I'd chose no NBA with a full STL focus on SLU.  But I don't ever really see that happening, so I wouldn't get mad if a NBA team ever came here. 

it's likely a moot point as i doubt seriously the nba old boys club is ever going to let st louis play again.   there have been so many expansion and moved franchises since the days of lou hudson and lenny wilkens where st louis was an obvious better choice destination.  i just believe the nba powers to be do not want st louis.   

dennis_w likes this