Davidson Trip

cgeldmacher

Anyone else going to the Davidson game?  I have my group going there this year.  There are 20 of us.  We are staying in Charlotte and commuting up to Davidson that night.  We are in the section that is right across the court from the Billiken bench.

53 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Anyone else going to the Davidson game?  I have my group going there this year.  There are 20 of us.  We are staying in Charlotte and commuting up to Davidson that night.  We are in the section that is right across the court from the Billiken bench.

Going to Pinehurst in March. Should have coordinated it around this game - big miss by me

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

You have balls, cant imagine planning a trip to Belk.

Box and Won likes this

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I go every year for the past several years. I haven't seen a W yet, but I am confident it will be different this year. I was equally confident the last two seasons.

I'll be looking for you.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

I'm so excited that I'm basically telling everyone who's willing to listen

It’s how you should introduce yourself to everyone from now until you leave for the trip.
Hey, I’m LittleBill and I’m a vegan Scorpio playing golf at Pinehurst in X days. 

kidding aside that will be a fun trip!

4 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

It’s how you should introduce yourself to everyone from now until you leave for the trip.
Hey, I’m LittleBill and I’m a vegan Scorpio playing golf at Pinehurst in X days. 

kidding aside that will be a fun trip!

*vegan scorpio crossfitter...

20 hours ago, David King said:

I go every year for the past several years. I haven't seen a W yet, but I am confident it will be different this year. I was equally confident the last two seasons.

I'll be looking for you.

Come find us.  We won't be hard to miss.  We'll all be wearing the same royal blue shirts and we have four rows of five seats each in our section.

12 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Why do you say that?

To me, what really requires courage is booking a flight on Southwest to get there. Based on their recent troubles, sounds like you’d be better off jumping on a moving freight train and riding the rails like a hobo rather than booking a Southwest flight.

billiken_roy likes this

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

To me, what really requires courage is booking a flight on Southwest to get there. Based on their recent troubles, sounds like you’d be better off jumping on a moving freight train and riding the rails like a hobo rather than booking a Southwest flight.

Stu's train to Chicago was delayed by 3+ hours yesterday, always take air over rail. Also, if you do choose to hop a freight train, be careful which car you jump in, hobo gang rape is rampant. Southwest really is not that bad.

27 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Stu's train to Chicago was delayed by 3+ hours yesterday, always take air over rail. Also, if you do choose to hop a freight train, be careful which car you jump in, hobo gang rape is rampant. Southwest really is not that bad.

Debatable 

Southwest is back to normal. It’s fine. Charlotte airport has a new southwest terminal that’s nice. Went to the game last year and it got pretty chippy with their fans. We got destroyed which didn’t help. We’ve never won there. We’re do.  Hit the Brickhouse bar for pregame.

58 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

My opinion of Stu just jumped up a couple of notches for taking the train.

4 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

One reason for Amtrak delays is that the freight trains take priority 

A nitpick. Amtrak is SUPPOSED to have priority over freights. This was in the original law that established it in I think 1970. However, freights have gotten so long (engines front and rear now sometimes) that they don't fit on the sidings in some places, so obviously Amtrak has to move over instead.

This is (or was) a bigger problem in Missouri than Illinois. I've taken the train to Chicago and back at least 15 times in the last 20 years or so. The longest delays I ever encountered were maybe 15 or 20 minutes behind schedule. A 3 hour delay on that trip is REALLY unusual. That might have been an equipment malfunction.

37 minutes ago, Scoop said:

Southwest is back to normal. It’s fine. Charlotte airport has a new southwest terminal that’s nice. Went to the game last year and it got pretty chippy with their fans. We got destroyed which didn’t help. We’ve never won there. We’re do.  Hit the Brickhouse bar for pregame.

Thanks for the heads up.  There are 20 of us all sitting in one big block, so I hope we're fine.  I'll tell my guys to bring their surliest of attitudes, and we'll see what happens.