GDT: Loyola-Chicago: What do you call a loud person from Chicago?

SluSignGuy

16 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

I was referring to the mascot. Theirs was more lively, danced sround alot. Helped get the crowd going.

Head gear is smaller, might be the issue

Ah yeah about 2 or 3 years back there was a guy who wore the Billiken suit who immersed himself in it and used to do all kinds of crazy stuff. (I used to joke he was drunk, haha.)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BigMouthBilliken said:
1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

I was referring to the mascot. Theirs was more lively, danced sround alot. Helped get the crowd going.

Head gear is smaller, might be the issue

Yeah, their mascot really gave a good effort.

Reminded me of Teen Wolf 😂 

13 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

I was there. Looked lije there was a scarf giveaway for the kids. They were pumped til we went ahead late in first half.

Heard nothing in the second half.

Band was good. Mascot was awesome. Danced with the band music. Ours could learn some things there.

Best part was being with blue clad fans, yelling and supporting our team.

mhg

Not a scarf giveaway, those scarfs are just the fanbase's schtick.

On 1/18/2023 at 10:32 PM, gobillsgo said:

Good adjustments by Ford, specifically the switch to an effective zone defense. credit where it’s due.

After a horrific start, Okoro and Forrester both settled in and had some good moments.  Forrester was *so close* to the best Billiken Dunk I’ve seen at least since the Tommie Liddell putback.  He got the bucket over two guys, but more threw it off the backboard than really flushing it home. It was a thunderous layup. "Horrific" is a little over the top.

Gibson settled in nicely, despite not shooting well from outside. His defense is a work I progress still. He has some good defensive possessions, but also has some where he’ll get torched by a 5’11 white dude.  

Parker and Hughes gave us a spark when we badly needed one. That’s gotta be our starting backcourt next year. Most likely Parker, but Ford will be hitting the portal hard.

Perkins is SO CLOSE to being back. He may be there already. No such thing as a bad shot for him as far as I’m concerned.  The and-one toward the end of the game was ridiculous. His shooting is coming around. Let him eat, baby. What more does Perkins have to do to be "back"? Perform miracles?

pickett was kinda “meh” for me.  I’m sure he did more than I realized, but don’t really feel like checking a box score right this second.  Not everyone is going to jump off the page on this team game in game out. Too many weapons.

Yuri looked like 75% healthy Yuri, which makes sense.  Counterpoint, he could have been 100% but Travis adjusted his usage based on what we learned vs GW.

Overall a mostly complete team victory over a very mediocre team. Can anyone remember an A10 team with high preseason expectations finishing dead last?  Can we trade them back for Belmont?  Jokes aside, I anticipate this turning into a very strong rivalry. 

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

😂 hey man, just trying to bring the emotional water back to level around here sometimes. Proximity bias has a lot of us being hypercritical of players. Im guilty of it, but I try to just tell it into the void of my living room. By the time I record on Sunday I’ve taken a lot of deep breaths and reflected.  i hate posting in GDTs and I’m starting to hate going back and reading the heat of the moment posts. Wish we had to chat room that disappeared after games. Obviously directed at the entire board and not at any specific people. 

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

😂 hey man, just trying to bring the emotional water back to level around here sometimes. Proximity bias has a lot of us being hypercritical of players. Im guilty of it, but I try to just tell it into the void of my living room. By the time I record on Sunday I’ve taken a lot of deep breaths and reflected.  i hate posting in GDTs and I’m starting to hate going back and reading the heat of the moment posts. Wish we had to chat room that disappeared after games. Obviously directed at the entire board and not at any specific people. 

I’ll be the first to admit my GDT posts need a little balancing out from time to time, but I stand by my statement about Franco’s start to the game being horrific.  Which makes it all the more impressive that he ended up having a pretty decent game. 

I suggest everyone needs to relax.  Seriously, don't post the the GDT threads until it's all said and done.  Turnovers happen.  Missed shots happen.  A win or a loss comes through the flow of the game.  A guy can sail a ball into the fifth row and still not be the villain when all is said and done.  Rarely does pone play or series of plays result in a win or loss.  Sure, down the stretch but I wouldn't comment until the last five minutes or so.  No one is seeing anything different than the rest of us are seeing.  

I personally haven't done GDT threads for a while now and it's refreshing.  I sit on da'couch in SoCenPa and basically say 'let it ride.'  No one cares otherwise.