Yuri

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, billikenblue said:

Travis was really vague on Yuri's condition and why he did not play before the game with Rammer. His quote after was the same . " Hopefully he will be back soon" " We don't know when that will be . It could be a little while. We'll see." 

He is currently listed as questionable for Wed game with Loy-C

2 minutes ago, Slowry said:

We clearly are’t better off without him.  But it could make us better for next year.  Guess that could be the silver lining.

There is only 1 player that got meaningful minutes yesterday that will be back next year. So not really a silver lining. 

the only silver lining I see is that Travis might see that there could be more to the offense than Yuri at the top of the key with an on ball screen from forester or Okoro 

3 minutes ago, Slowry said:

We clearly are’t better off without him.  But it could make us better for next year.  Guess that could be the silver lining.

I would also hope it gives Ford confidence to not play Yuri 37 minutes a game.  Rest him when needed. They will be ok.

rgbilliken likes this

19 minutes ago, Slowry said:

I agree, SLU is better with Yuri.  But thinking this GW game will make the team better.  I saw much more ball sharing, which is very positive, and could make this team better in the long run.  This team with Yuri could be much better if the ball is in Yuri's hands a little less during the game.  Teams are focusing on him and the other SLU players are standing around waiting for Yuri to make a play.  I really like giving Perkins the ball in space and let him "create" as he did against GW.  Same with Hargrove and Pickett to a lesser extent.  Less dribbling by Yuri = a better team IMO.

I also liked the bigger lineup.  And Hughes, if he can consistently hit the mid-range jumper, that could be a new weapon.  He had a couple jumpers in the lane he missed, thinking he hits those shots as he gets more comfortable.

Clearly, we’re better with the national assists leader. That said, I thought our offense played well yesterday. Good to see we have that kind of depth that can adapt. Legend, JR handled himself well and should only improve as he gets used to the speed of D1 ball. What was really surprising was how well Perk handled the point. A starting lineup of Perk, Pickett, Gibby, Hargrove, and Okoro would seem capable of holding the fort until Yurimania gets back. 

Here’s hoping Yurimania recovers quickly. 

3 minutes ago, willie said:

I also noted Travis’s ambiguity on Yuri. As someone who embraces consistency theories (Elvis is alive ) it makes me believe something is going on. No idea what but something more than a virus. 

Or maybe he is keeping opposition coaches guessing on Yuri's status?

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Am I the only one who read between the lines as Covid?

Could be. 
Most likely it’s whatever Picket had a few games ago.

They guys are together nonstop. Practice, plane rides, apartments. If one of them gets sick it’s most likely going to spread around the team.

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Honestly as long as it's just sickness(covid included) I'm not going to worry. This isn't 2020/2021, we're not going to have to shut down the squad over it.

yeah SpoonBills pointed out in the discord if it's health hipaa could be why he is not being specific. that made me feel better.