SLU v. GW GDT; Did you hear about the basketball team that doesn’t have a website?

SluSignGuy

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MattyMo213 said:

Nice win without Yuri. Free throws started out horrendous but made them down the stretch. Love seeing vintage Perkins today. Not impressed with the big men but maybe just an off day.

And how terrible were the announcers?!? From hearing nonstop about how SLU was a preseason top 25 to them shattering eardrums on any GW three point attempt 

Forrester cleaned it up in second half imo. I thought he was an underrated contributor 

dlarry likes this

7 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Nice win without Yuri. Free throws started out horrendous but made them down the stretch. Love seeing vintage Perkins today. Not impressed with the big men but maybe just an off day.

And how terrible were the announcers?!? From hearing nonstop about how SLU was a preseason top 25 to them shattering eardrums on any GW three point attempt 

They need Collins to put the ball in a place to score.

We won because Perkins came back with the best shooting in the A10. And Pickett.

We hit the slashline and then some. That's a winner. GWs 3 point shooting was horrendous.

20 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

I thought Jake was good. 

slufanskip likes this

27 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Larry didn’t have the best game, but a freshman steps up to the stripe and puts 2 FTs in.  Ice in the veins

A freshman playing with senior  confidence. 

Nothing impressive on the stat sheet but for a freshman he’s very effective at handling the rock, understands how to play defense, and isn’t afraid to step right up to the line and knock down 2 big FTs at crunch time. 

He’s going to be a good one the next 3.5 years.

Fraz likes this

54 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Sometimes the players who get use to standing around and letting the top player do everything but when he is not there, everybody has to actually do their part.  Sounds like this is what happened today.

Sounds like an excellently coached and planned game to me.  Great job Coach Ford and staff!

wgstl and Matty Light like this

26 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Sometimes the players who get use to standing around and letting the top player do everything but when he is not there, everybody has to actually do their part.  Sounds like this is what happened today.

I wouldn’t say people just stand around with Yuri.  They can get stagnant at times sure.

I’d like to see more stretches with Perkins at point.  He was excellent initiating offense and attacking the paint with the ball.  He was in complete control

willie likes this

58 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Sounds like an excellently coached and planned game to me.  Great job Coach Ford and staff!

No issues with people who bash ford when he messes up. It’s annoying when people can’t give him his props too 

HenryB likes this