Loyola Chicago Trip

thunderdan

I'll be there with a group of 8. 

In terms of pregame bar, the official Billiken Fan Reception is on campus at McCormick Lounge in Coffey Hall, a 5-minute walk from the arena. Here's the link:

https://alumni.slu.edu/s/1264/17/interior.aspx?sid=1264&gid=1&pgid=7838&cid=12540&ecid=12540&crid=0&calpgid=413&calcid=8723

I just checked and it looks like it's sold out. But you might check with the contacts listed to see if they allow a cash bar or have extra pre-game tickets.

9 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Ms. BAB and yours truly will be there, the FAA and Southwest Airlines willing.

these days it seems southwest is a flip of the coin.   amazing how their service has seemed to go to hell so quickly.   in the 90's it was the only airline my wife and i would fly their service was so good.   i wouldnt go near them any more.  

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

these days it seems southwest is a flip of the coin.   amazing how their service has seemed to go to hell so quickly.   in the 90's it was the only airline my wife and i would fly their service was so good.   i wouldnt go near them any more.  

Good luck to you, don’t check any bags. Hopefully you’ll be back in under a week, but with Southwest doing the flying, who knows.

@Billikenbooster --- I did same for DC.  Got confirmation email.  Then just showed up at bar (Tonic).  Mo and Eric took it from there with name tag, drink tickets, etc.  Since I already had my tickets, didn't need those.  I assume those would have been handed to me at the check in table along with drink tickets.  Just go to the reception ---- all should be well from there.  This has been the standard for games at Dayton, Geedubya, Fordham/MSG, La Salle, Mason and other road venues.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

@Billikenbooster --- I did same for DC.  Got confirmation email.  Then just showed up at bar (Tonic).  Mo and Eric took it from there with name tag, drink tickets, etc.  Since I already had my tickets, didn't need those.  I assume those would have been handed to me at the check in table along with drink tickets.  Just go to the reception ---- all should be well from there.  This has been the standard for games at Dayton, Geedubya, Fordham/MSG, La Salle, Mason and other road venues.

Thanks, Taj. Best news (only news) we got all day.

mhg

I have adopted the position to avoid the GDT thread until the game is over.  I only read it when all is said and done.  Especially if we win.  Less angst, which leads to more sedate viewing.  

My entire focus right now is on securing a top four seed.  A win tonight and a loss by Duquesne (-1) at Bonaventure and we have a two game lead over the #5 Dukes.  Plus we have the tiebreaker against the next three teams in Mason, Geedubya and Bonaventure.  

9 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I have adopted the position to avoid the GDT thread until the game is over.  I only read it when all is said and done.  Especially if we win.  Less angst, which leads to more sedate viewing.  

My entire focus right now is on securing a top four seed.  A win tonight and a loss by Duquesne (-1) at Bonaventure and we have a two game lead over the #5 Dukes.  Plus we have the tiebreaker against the next three teams in Mason, Geedubya and Bonaventure.  

A win and we're tied for the league lead

@Littlebill--- a win is a must if we are to reach our conference goal.  On the optimistic side, getting to 5 and 1 is a realistic goal, as is getting to 10 and 1 providing we win at Davidson and handle VU at Chaifetz.  But one game at a time.   

Littlebill and gabriel like this