GDT: George Mason; Why does Jesus get nervous when playing basketball?

SluSignGuy

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SluSignGuy said:

Why does Jesus get nervous when playing basketball?

He’s afraid of getting crossed up

Can cause some thorny situations.

I’ve got a bolo out tonight for the good Billikens and the not so good Billikens. Why a bolo for tonight? First, I have some spare time today so I broke the SBU game down into groups of possessions. For example, the first 15 possessions yielded 11 points and 4 turnovers. Not so good. However, the next 14 possessions show 24 points and zero turnovers. Excellent.

So, there are five groups of possessions, 3 of which were not good and two that were excellent. Summarizing, the three bad groups had 34 possessions, yielded 24 points and 11 turnovers. These occurred over 21:12 of game clock. Bad numbers to say the least.

OTOH, the two excellent groups of possessions saw 28 possessions bring 54 points and 2 turnovers in 18:48 which is off the charts good.

So, why such a significant difference? Turnovers for one, which players have the hot hand, and the fact that teams generally attempt more FTs in the latter stages of a half seem to be three of the most important factors.

Would love to see a whole lot more of the good Billikens than the not so good for the rest of the year.

I once saw an Onion headline on their front page (actually a paper publication back then) that said "Christ returns to lead Crusaders to basketball title". There was a photo of Jesus throwing one down and the caption read "Jesus dominated the opposition with His signature Ascension Dunk". Good stuff.

Not sure, why but I looked up Mason's roster.  They have some names in their coaching staff.

Their Director of Creative Media is Jacob Bear

Their strength and conditioning coach is Handy Handerahan

Their Director of Basketball Operations is T.J. Grams (I can only assume the T stands for Teddy)

24 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Not sure, why but I looked up Mason's roster.  They have some names in their coaching staff.

Their Director of Creative Media is Jacob Bear

Their strength and conditioning coach is Handy Handerahan

Their Director of Basketball Operations is T.J. Grams (I can only assume the T stands for Teddy)

There is so much potential for good heckles with a name like Handy Handerahan.  Assume students are still on break?

i just hope if the band does a "Hey Baby" they somehow let as many fans as possible in on it so we can assist with the heckle to Geo Mason

I'm sure ya'll will be rivetted by this story.....so I did the Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+ Bundle and through the Hulu under wife's email.  So I was all a$$ed out when I couldn't use my email I've used for ESPN forever, I tried to update the email for the account didn't work. Anyway, turns out you can just watch ESPN+ on the Hulu app so problem solved just keep using my ESPN login.

Just FYI in case anyone else here has a similar issue.  Watching this Spiders vs Bobcats game right now.  They mention Gilyard like a lot for a guy that isn't playing today.  He's the A10 all time Assist leader.

So I started looking at A10 All Time List:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/conferences/atlantic-10/leaders/ast-player-career.html

Assists Gilyard at 782 and YC at 727

All time career scoring the highest Billiken ranked is Lisch at 59

Blocks Hasahn French at 19

Steals J Goodwin at 23

Rebounds 11 Goodwin 15 French Evans 20