Happy Anniversary!

SluSignGuy

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The only thing about that game 15 years ago was watching peanut butter, jelly time during what were supposed to be the commercial breaks in the pirate feed I was watching.  Honestly, I can’t believe it was 15 years ago.

C8bUPOVHacNqoyHDrFdM6Q86YOcRfxDNDM2_pyU9

Watched the game @ Flannerys on Wash Ave. $10 buckets of beer…. Great time until it wasn’t…. Then we got the check and informed $10 buckets were for happy hour and ended after our first… the next 4 buckets were $25/each. Worst day of my fandom (not counting losing to SIUE at home)

2 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

Watched the game @ Flannerys on Wash Ave. $10 buckets of beer…. Great time until it wasn’t…. Then we got the check and informed $10 buckets were for happy hour and ended after our first… the next 4 buckets were $25/each. Worst day of my fandom (not counting losing to SIUE at home)

Thats wild, I was at Flannerys as well.  

21 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

omgggg.... you won billikens.com today.... im sorry that happened to you

I was also there.  And I have a signed team Billiken basketball from the game (got it signed before the game).

23 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I was also there.  And I have a signed team Billiken basketball from the game (got it signed before the game).

Lol glad you clarified it was from before the game, otherwise I would worry for your sanity.

37 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Lol glad you clarified it was from before the game, otherwise I would worry for your sanity.

Players were quite surprised to see me.  I just knew where the bus dropped off the opposing teams for GW games, so I just stood on that corner a couple of hours before the game.

1 hour ago, SluSignGuy said:

@Taj79 I do apologize..... you did not win Billikens.com today...... @SluSignGuyhad a royal flush

Hard to feel like a winner after that one, even 15 years later.  The one thing I remember most about that game was being seated in the lower level, like a row or three behind the bench.  Went out at halftime to get some refreshment and when I returned, the access to the gym floor was blocked because the Bills were re-entering the court from the same stairwell.  The look on Majerus' face was priceless.  Total exasperation.  Wish I had a camera back then.

28 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Hard to feel like a winner after that one, even 15 years later.  The one thing I remember most about that game was being seated in the lower level, like a row or three behind the bench.  Went out at halftime to get some refreshment and when I returned, the access to the gym floor was blocked because the Bills were re-entering the court from the same stairwell.  The look on Majerus' face was priceless.  Total exasperation.  Wish I had a camera back then.

ha!  I remember my first time walking into the Smith Center (after years of watching basketball games at Savvis), and I was like...is this a high school gym?

To add to the GW story, I was at the game with a very good college friend (Brett), who had heard more about the Billikens in 3 years than he cared to hear.  He and I were able to sit in the front row of the student section because it was still winter break.  Brett heckled HARD with all his acquired Billiken knowledge.  The absolute best was when Tommie Liddell was inbounding the ball about 5 feet from us and Brett yelled: "Bet you wish you would have gone to UNLV now, huh Tommie!"  Tommie turned around and exasperatedly said: "How the f* do you know all this?!"\

I think UNLV is the right school.  It was where Liddell briefly de-committed from SLU for.