Coach's Show with Rammer, Jan 9 & 23, Feb 6, 13

HoosierPal

18 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Wasn’t it Ford or someone on the staff who said the staff didn’t even know he wasn’t playing until game day?  If that’s true that shows a disconnect between Yuri and the staff or Yuri and the team.  Follow that up with a portal entry…yeah he was hurt.

Wasn't it BANGheGotit or some other poster who followed up a valid criticism about not having any true evidence of a crazy claim being made by citing a vague quote and not being able to remember who the heck it was that he was allegedly quoting?  If that is true 🙄, then it shows the disconnect between some posters and basic logic.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Wasn't it BANGheGotit or some other poster who followed up a valid criticism about not having any true evidence of a crazy claim being made by citing a vague quote and not being able to remember who the heck it was that he was allegedly quoting?  If that is true 🙄, then it shows the disconnect between some posters and basic logic.

Here it is.  Just shows how some posters can be $&@“(.

0EB4D9FB-9FC4-43D9-92F7-3FB26A608935.jpeg

24 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Why don’t you buy a pair of Yuri’s used underwear and use them in place if your Billiken flag.  Fly them high and proud!  

Give it a break, dude!

IGive it a break, dude!

Enough already. Stop with the venom. This is a board for slu basketball supporters. Go somewhere else and spout your venom.

13 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

Yeah, that shows that you’re A MAN!!

I’m not trying to be “a man”  I’m Just not going to take BS and sit back. Why is it ok for you to respond but not ok for me to respond back?   This is a forum on Billiken basketball.  If someone makes a smarta$$ comment, maybe I should let them have their fun and not respond since it apparently makes them feel like a man.  I’m not on here to get into a pi$$ing contest.  I don’t know anyone in here, and nobody knows me.  It sounds like people have either blocked members or ran them off.  I don’t even know how this thing works other than making a post.  If you don’t like someone apparently you can ignore them.  If you only want to have a discussion or see posts from people you agree with, then don’t pay attention to the people you don’t like.  Seems pretty simple.  The first thing I see is someone use the term “troll”.  I even had a member block me because I said “your team”…they immediately came to the conclusion I wasn’t a fan.  Stupid.  Childish.  Moronic.   Seems like there’s a whole lot of very soft people on here, and that’s so ironic because the same people complain about a soft Billiken team.  

17 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

I’m not trying to be “a man”  I’m Just not going to take BS and sit back. Why is it ok for you to respond but not ok for me to respond back?   This is a forum on Billiken basketball.  If someone makes a smarta$$ comment, maybe I should let them have their fun and not respond since it apparently makes them feel like a man.  I’m not on here to get into a pi$$ing contest.  I don’t know anyone in here, and nobody knows me.  It sounds like people have either blocked members or ran them off.  I don’t even know how this thing works other than making a post.  If you don’t like someone apparently you can ignore them.  If you only want to have a discussion or see posts from people you agree with, then don’t pay attention to the people you don’t like.  Seems pretty simple.  The first thing I see is someone use the term “troll”.  I even had a member block me because I said “your team”…they immediately came to the conclusion I wasn’t a fan.  Stupid.  Childish.  Moronic.   Seems like there’s a whole lot of very soft people on here, and that’s so ironic because the same people complain about a soft Billiken team.  

Sorry, dude. Im not soft, but Im respectful. Not a name caller. I enjoy my Billikens, follow them closely. 

WE, the Billikens and I, will persevere, and continue to be successful.

Unlike you, I do not need to ‘get in the last word.’ I will, however, since I am putting you on ignore. I just realized ignore is the root of the word ‘ignorant’. Hmmmmm

Bye now 😊😊🙏

4 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Sorry, dude. Im not soft, but Im respectful. Not a name caller. I enjoy my Billikens, follow them closely. 

WE, the Billikens and I, will persevere, and continue to be successful.

Unlike you, I do not need to ‘get in the last word.’ I will, however, since I am putting you on ignore. I just realized ignore is the root of the word ‘ignorant’. Hmmmmm

Bye now 😊😊🙏

And that’s how you handle it!  If you don’t like someone or some viewpoint—put them on ignore and let free speech flourish.  Canceling someone because you disagree is just spineless.  Ignoring them is at least mature.

I heard part of tonight's Coach's Show...

Rammer asked him what the problem was...CF said we can shoot , we can score,  we can defend , we can rebound. He said the problem was consistency.. If we could have been more consistent, we would have more wins.  Hmmm, that sounded familiar to me.  I wonder if he reads my posts.

CenHudDude likes this

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I heard part of tonight's Coach's Show...

Rammer asked him what the problem was...CF said we can shoot , we can score,  we can defend , we can rebound. He said the problem was consistency.. If we could have been more consistent, we would have more wins.  Hmmm, that sounded familiar to me.  I wonder if he reads my posts.

Thank the Lord you guys figured it out!  We have nothing to worry about now.  More than likely the team will run off a winning streak that will continue into the fall.  Problem has been solved!

Feb 13, Rammer and Ford @ an empty Chaifetz Arena

Team got to Dayton Arena an hour before game time.  Line was out to the street.  Raised some eyebrows on the team - not used to that.  Dayton went up another notch when Archie Miller took them to 4 NCAA's in a row.  Always has had a great atmosphere, but it is much different now than say 20 years ago.  It is 'at the next level'.  The First Four let them do some renovations.  They have been selling out for 20 or so years.  Ford took his Eastern KY team to Dayton, got paid $80,000 for the buy, game was sold out, and EKY won.  Crowd doesn't sit on their hands waiting for something to happen. 

Rhode Island, more of a struggle than what we wanted.  You do hit teams that are just playing good on a particular night, like Rhody's Big hitting 3 three's in a row.  We had a pretty good night winning but knew we weren't playing like we needed to play at Dayton.

Last few years we seem to get off to good starts at Dayton, but haven't finished half's.  Second half, we got some stops but missed some easy shots.  Missed wide open layoff and missed a wide open three to start the second half.  We couldn't score, but neither could the Flyers. They scored 29 in the second half, and CF would have taken that any time against Dayton.  But we scored only 22. They scored 12 of their 29 at the line.  We had only 8 Turn Overs but got out rebounded by 5, more or less offsetting the low number of TO's.  We kept them out of transition.  We have proven we can defend, we have proven we can score, we are top in the league in rebounds, but we just aren't consistent.

Personnel:  Pretty easy when things aren't going well to say 'why isn't so and so playing more'.  It has been little bit of a challenge.  We have had a lot of nagging injuries that haven't been made public.  When we won 6 in a row, we were getting a lot from our bench. Consistency was there, but now it isn't.  It isn't one or two guys.  We do get stagnant, and don't move the ball as we should at times.  Players earn time, then get on the floor and have an awful game.  That's part of it.  Every player has a strength but needs to try to bring a little more.

Collins:  Assists are two way streets, players need to make the shots.  He has a great feel for the game.  Broke Gilyard's A10 record.  Collins knew how good he was.  Good PG coming in this week in Loyer.  He just doesn't miss on the FT. 

Jimerson:  Eclipsed 200 three's.  He is in the gym all the time.  CF has 'sent in' film on Freedom of Movement, holding against Jimerson.  The refs did call 3 holds against Dayton.  Jimerson made three 3's and then Dayton didn't leave him anymore. 

Davidson up next.  We won there.  They are up and down, easy game, right?  Don't pay attention to their record.  Loyer has had huge games against us.  Won big at UMass.  Lost to Fordham by 2.  Played better on road than at home.  Mennega is a match up problem for us, and everyone else.  He is left handed great around the basket, and can hit the three.  Okoro was in foul trouble down there, Perkins and Collins were in foul trouble early.  Forrester had a nice game.  Need our bigs to have great games.  8 pm game.

Cisse:  Defensively he can really play, that's not an issue.  It is hard playing him more when you have two vet centers.  We have been having trouble keeping Okoro and Forrester in rhythm.  Cisse had some better defensive presence than the other two at Dayton, but he fouled too.

Duquesne:   Dambrot has them really playing.  He is hard nosed and old school.  Had a tough deal last year, even his best players left.  He was picked last this season.  Rebuilt through the transfer portal.  Has some scorers.  They will play hard nosed defense.

Rammer:  Everyone wants to get to the double bye.  But maybe it isn't as important as we think it is.  CF:  One of the arguments against pitting top teams against each other was that some deserving teams might not get the double bye.  But no one is really looking at that now.

Rammer's plan:  have 3 five team pods.  Play doubles in the pod and everyone else once.  Dayton, Loyola, SLU, Duquesne and St. B.  League tried to figure out top teams but really didn't get it right.  Teams have been up and down regularly.  LaSalle was a Sweet 16. Fordham is having a good year.  Needs to be a model.  Maybe add team and go to 2 divisions.  If you have 2 divisions, everyone in your division plays the same schedule. 

Fans will embrace the Loyola rivalry.  SLU crowd at Loyola was impressive.  They were loud.  We know we will play them and Dayton every year.  Rammer:  We got to play Dayton and Loyola on weekends.  League needs to do that for every rivalry game.

Going down the stretch, Ford's teams usually figure it out.  Teams have made runs late in the year.  We are in a challenge this year.  Had a good practice today.  We need consistency possession to possession from everyone.  We need to play together offensively and defensively.  How locked in are we.  Are we moving the ball.  Are we screening the way we need to.  Are we talking on defense?  Are we doing all of the controlables? If we are then more good things can happen for this team.

• HoosierPal changed the title to Coach's Show with Rammer, Jan 9 & 23, Feb 6, 13

Same thing every week.

We need to be more consistent.

We have nagging injuries.

Don’t finish half’s strong

We stop moving the ball

Are we sure they just aren’t replaying past episodes?

4 months into this season and 7 years into seeing the same exact problems and nothing new is EVER done. 

41 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Feb 13, Rammer and Ford @ an empty Chaifetz Arena

Team got to Dayton Arena an hour before game time.  Line was out to the street.  Raised some eyebrows on the team - not used to that.  Dayton went up another notch when Archie Miller took them to 4 NCAA's in a row.  Always has had a great atmosphere, but it is much different now than say 20 years ago.  It is 'at the next level'.  The First Four let them do some renovations.  They have been selling out for 20 or so years.  Ford took his Eastern KY team to Dayton, got paid $80,000 for the buy, game was sold out, and EKY won.  Crowd doesn't sit on their hands waiting for something to happen. 

Rhode Island, more of a struggle than what we wanted.  You do hit teams that are just playing good on a particular night, like Rhody's Big hitting 3 three's in a row.  We had a pretty good night winning but knew we weren't playing like we needed to play at Dayton.

Last few years we seem to get off to good starts at Dayton, but haven't finished half's.  Second half, we got some stops but missed some easy shots.  Missed wide open layoff and missed a wide open three to start the second half.  We couldn't score, but neither could the Flyers. They scored 29 in the second half, and CF would have taken that any time against Dayton.  But we scored only 22. They scored 12 of their 29 at the line.  We had only 8 Turn Overs but got out rebounded by 5, more or less offsetting the low number of TO's.  We kept them out of transition.  We have proven we can defend, we have proven we can score, we are top in the league in rebounds, but we just aren't consistent.

Personnel:  Pretty easy when things aren't going well to say 'why isn't so and so playing more'.  It has been little bit of a challenge.  We have had a lot of nagging injuries that haven't been made public.  When we won 6 in a row, we were getting a lot from our bench. Consistency was there, but now it isn't.  It isn't one or two guys.  We do get stagnant, and don't move the ball as we should at times.  Players earn time, then get on the floor and have an awful game.  That's part of it.  Every player has a strength but needs to try to bring a little more.

Collins:  Assists are two way streets, players need to make the shots.  He has a great feel for the game.  Broke Gilyard's A10 record.  Collins knew how good he was.  Good PG coming in this week in Loyer.  He just doesn't miss on the FT. 

Jimerson:  Eclipsed 200 three's.  He is in the gym all the time.  CF has 'sent in' film on Freedom of Movement, holding against Jimerson.  The refs did call 3 holds against Dayton.  Jimerson made three 3's and then Dayton didn't leave him anymore. 

Davidson up next.  We won there.  They are up and down, easy game, right?  Don't pay attention to their record.  Loyer has had huge games against us.  Won big at UMass.  Lost to Fordham by 2.  Played better on road than at home.  Mennega is a match up problem for us, and everyone else.  He is left handed great around the basket, and can hit the three.  Okoro was in foul trouble down there, Perkins and Collins were in foul trouble early.  Forrester had a nice game.  Need our bigs to have great games.  8 pm game.

Cisse:  Defensively he can really play, that's not an issue.  It is hard playing him more when you have two vet centers.  We have been having trouble keeping Okoro and Forrester in rhythm.  Cisse had some better defensive presence than the other two at Dayton, but he fouled too.

Duquesne:   Dambrot has them really playing.  He is hard nosed and old school.  Had a tough deal last year, even his best players left.  He was picked last this season.  Rebuilt through the transfer portal.  Has some scorers.  They will play hard nosed defense.

Rammer:  Everyone wants to get to the double bye.  But maybe it isn't as important as we think it is.  CF:  One of the arguments against pitting top teams against each other was that some deserving teams might not get the double bye.  But no one is really looking at that now.

Rammer's plan:  have 3 five team pods.  Play doubles in the pod and everyone else once.  Dayton, Loyola, SLU, Duquesne and St. B.  League tried to figure out top teams but really didn't get it right.  Teams have been up and down regularly.  LaSalle was a Sweet 16. Fordham is having a good year.  Needs to be a model.  Maybe add team and go to 2 divisions.  If you have 2 divisions, everyone in your division plays the same schedule. 

Fans will embrace the Loyola rivalry.  SLU crowd at Loyola was impressive.  They were loud.  We know we will play them and Dayton every year.  Rammer:  We got to play Dayton and Loyola on weekends.  League needs to do that for every rivalry game.

Going down the stretch, Ford's teams usually figure it out.  Teams have made runs late in the year.  We are in a challenge this year.  Had a good practice today.  We need consistency possession to possession from everyone.  We need to play together offensively and defensively.  How locked in are we.  Are we moving the ball.  Are we screening the way we need to.  Are we talking on defense?  Are we doing all of the controlables? If we are then more good things can happen for this team.

Thanks as always for these summaries HP.