Thatch Torn ACL

slufan13

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The man has been a warrior for this program. Hate to see it end this way for him, but totally understand not wanting to risk further/permanent injury by attempting a comeback. 

His sideline steal and dunk vs Butler is one of the few bright spots I think about in the last five years. 

thank you, Fred!

ARon and billiken_roy like this

My god.  This is just devastating news after all Fred has been through during his time as a Billiken.  What a kick in the junk.  Life isn't fair.

Trying to see some silver linings in this:

1. Perhaps this helps kickstart a successful coaching career for Fred as he's forced to watch from the sidelines & act in more of a coaching capacity.  With his medical condition and now a torn ACL, a playing career overseas in the future seems like it would be difficult.  The camps he's hosted in Sikeston point to an interest in coaching.  He's seems like a tremendous guy who can probably succeed in whatever he wants after graduation.
  2. Maybe this helps galvanize the team as they have to fight through some adversity that isn't self inflicted?
  3. Maybe a shorter rotation of players / more clearly defined roles help the team gel better on the court?  I'd imagine Hargrove, Parker and maybe LH Jr. stand to benefit the most in terms of increased playing time.

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

1. Maybe this helps galvanize the team as they have to fight through some adversity that isn't self inflicted?

I was just coming into say maybe the team can turn it around and win for Fred. 

The hits keep coming: Ekker, Grawer's dismissal, Hughes One-and-done, Spoon retires, Romar leaves, Sodie Ball, the A10, Majerus dies, [dead], Situation 1, Situation 2, COVID, Perkins and now Thatch.  This program needs an exorcism too.

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

The hits keep coming: Ekker, Grawer's dismissal, Hughes One-and-done, Spoon retires, Romar leaves, Sodie Ball, the A10, Majerus dies, [dead], Situation 1, Situation 2, COVID, Perkins and now Thatch.  This program needs an exorcism too.

We didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the world's been turning 🤪

Lord Elrond likes this

That's a real shame. I had gotten the impression Fred wasn't planning on coming back next year either way. But no doubt not how he'd preferred to have things end.

But as others have said, there is no doubt he will be successful at whatever come next. Best of luck to Fred in all future endeavors.

drkelsey55 likes this

1 minute ago, ARon said:

That's a real shame. I had gotten the impression Fred wasn't planning on coming back next year either way. But no doubt not how he'd preferred to have things end.

But as others have said, there is no doubt he will be successful at whatever come next. Best of luck to Fred in all future endeavors.

Agree. I think when he didn't go after a PHD he was saying this is my last year.  

5 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Sad for Fred, always loves his effort.

Sadly, an excuse Ford can use now

I don't think so. Fred was a workhorse and role-player, but I don't think this is season derailing excuse. I'll add that he was tremendous defensively.

Edited by BrettJollyComedyHour