For all you marketing types- SLU hiring

ARon

Looks like they just posted the position of Promotions Manager.

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/17999031/promotions-manager

"In accordance with all NCAA, conference, and university policies the position of Promotions Manager is responsible for developing marketing and promotional plans for all sports to grow awareness, as well as entertain fans and increase attendance. The position executes on-field/court promotions with a student focus, creates content for social media to grow impressions and engagement, works as a liaison with student spirit organizations, student government association and the student involvement center. 

Job Responsibilities: 

*Develops marketing and promotional plans to grow awareness, entertain fans and increase attendance. 

*Creates content for social media to increase impressions and engagement to grow the Billiken Athletics brand. 

*Executes on-field/court promotions with a student focus. 

* Works as a liaison with student spirit organizations, student government association and the student involvement center. 

* Manages the Billiken Kids Club to grow membership and increase group sales 

* Performs other duties as assigned. 

Requirements:

*Proven ability to work independently, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner

* Excellent communication and decision making skills required for working with diverse groups

* Strong written communication skills; excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail

* Demonstrated appreciation for diversity and inclusion

* Knowledge of Division I NCAA rules and regulations

* Interpersonal/human relations skills

* Verbal and written communication skills

* Experience with social media management and content creation

Minimum Qualifications –An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.) Bachelor’s degree required supplemented with one (1) year of related experience."

RUBillsFan likes this

1 hour ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

The gal that did this in season didn't last more than 6 months. High turnover in the AD would keep me far away from this position, lol.

She took a job with an organization trying to save itself after a horrendous scandal in the Carolina Courage of the NWSL.....Let that sink in.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

She took a job with an organization trying to save itself after a horrendous scandal in the Carolina Courage of the NWSL.....Let that sink in.

Is that where she went? That sucks because I liked her ok.

6 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Have things changed or are they just deciding to come back? Kind of feel bad that the women's team got the boycott game

From people I've talked to in the alumni, they're the ones leading the charge. It's kind of a wait and see deal. Finish out the season and see what happens from there.

Glad to have the band back together on Saturday 🤞 

Now if you were given the job of Promotions Manager and had carte blanche to make a change what would it be:

Bye Bye Billiken Clap

After each win - a fan/player button to push to turn on the Billiken Blue Light on top of Chaifetz. That blue light is something unique to Chaifetz, I wished they leveraged it more. 

17 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Now if you were given the job of Promotions Manager and had carte blanche to make a change what would it be:

Bye Bye Billiken Clap

After each win - a fan/player button to push to turn on the Billiken Blue Light on top of Chaifetz. That blue light is something unique to Chaifetz, I wished they leveraged it more. 

Honestly man, consistency. Same level of presentation every game.

I would add CO2 to the backboards that sprays after the every 3 pointer or dunk.

Not a single tshirt thrown out during time outs should land any closer than the 10th row. Aim should be the 200s. Kids shouldn't have to run down the aisle to feel like they have a chance at a giveaway.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I would add CO2 to the backboards that sprays after the every 3 pointer or dunk.

Not a single tshirt thrown out during time outs should land any closer than the 10th row. Aim should be the 200s. Kids shouldn't have to run down the aisle to feel like they have a chance at a giveaway.

Red Panda.

Plus whatever happened to having someone either from the community or in town for a performance sing the national anthem?

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This. Tshirt tossing needs to be done by dudes in their mid 30s trying to relive glory days. Torn rotators will be a badge of honor

Littlebill likes this

16 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

This. Tshirt tossing needs to be done by dudes in their mid 30s trying to relive glory days. Torn rotators will be a badge of honor

The cannon scares me because I always think of that Simpsons episode where Ned Flanders' wife is killed by a T-Shirt cannon launching her off bleachers.

55 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Bye Bye Billiken Clap

-I remember Fr Biondi discussing the Blue Light, I think it was at the Arena Groundbreaking, he said it was something he wanted so it was included, made it sound like it cost some money to be included, and then I remember being so underwhelmed when I first saw it

-if I came into a boatload of money I would donate to make the Blue Light go all over both campuses where everyone would know each time the Billikens won a game/match/meet and yes, there would be a button that a player/coach/fan would press to make basically all of Midtown glow in the Blue

FromDaEastSide and TaLBErt like this

9 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-if I came into a boatload of money I would donate to make the Blue Light go all over both campuses where everyone would know each time the Billikens won a game/match/meet and yes, there would be a button that a player/coach/fan would press to make basically all of Midtown glow in the Blue

That's a cool idea (and probably not too hard to do)

1 hour ago, FromDaEastSide said:

That light should be going till midnigt at the earliest too.  Speaking of, do they still do the light? Haven't noticed in a while. 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don't know if they actually do it, but don't they show a video of it on the video boards.

they used to a few years ago. It may just have been a one season thing

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-I remember Fr Biondi discussing the Blue Light, I think it was at the Arena Groundbreaking, he said it was something he wanted so it was included, made it sound like it cost some money to be included, and then I remember being so underwhelmed when I first saw it

Your wife would want a new kitchen, and every relative that you have or do not have would be at your door with their hand out for money. First thing you do when you make a boatload of money is to keep it quiet and refuse to have your picture taken holding an oversize check.