Coaching or Talent?

54 minutes ago, Fraz said:

We don’t have an offense issue.  We haven’t shot it particularly well and still lead the conference in PPG.  I think the schemes are fine and we get good looks more often than not.

Defensive end has killed us.  If we were just average on that end we’d be in the at-large discussion 

Totally agree. Defense Defense Defense.  

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/6/2023 at 7:38 AM, CBFan said:

I only want the school to reach out to Chris Beard if they don’t I have a problem with that.

SLU wouldn’t be the only school after him there will be competition for his services so I would not blame SLU for not hiring him.

If Ford is back next season I will not renew my tickets until there is a change and that cannot be another coach fired that did not get the job done.

Great, I look forward to you not being there next year.. talk about supporting the program, you’re the same loser who loves to criticize fans for leaving the game a few minutes early…..

AGB91, dennis_w and HenryB like this

7 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Great, I look forward to you not being there next year.. talk about supporting the program, you’re the same loser who loves to criticize fans for leaving the game a few minutes early…..

Ah....CB is a good poster going through his moment of darkness as a Billiken's Fan.  Unlike some here, he is a fan.  Most of us have been there over the years due to it being "hard work to be a Billiken fan."  If I were a betting man, I'd bet CB will be back at the 'fetz next year even if Travis is at the helm.  Especially after a summer of Travis' recruiting.  Lighten up......

18 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I am calling you out punk.

Big Bill Fan terrorized me with unsolicited private messages because I bad posted him.

The best part is that Henry B apologized for doing this meaning Big Bill Fan is Henry B they are the same.

You call me a loser yet you have another account to back your obnoxious behavior.  I have never been suspended from this board but you and your account and Henry B have been a couple of times.

I have proof on my phone with your nasty PM’s and Henry B apologizing.

You have attacked Pistol and whined you could not PM him.  Steve put a stop on your nasty online harassment.

These 2 accounts from one crazed individual wants to hide like a coward and harass people.  I look forward to meeting you face to face someday so you can call me a loser.

As for the posters that liked Big Bill Fan calling me a loser, shame on you what is wrong with you.  I am a frustrated fan so I am a loser for that good grief.  You just supported a poster that has 2 accounts and harasses posters with unwanted PM’s and has been suspended, strong move.

Compton, slufan13 and rgbilliken like this

CBfan, leave him alone and ignore him and all his aliases. Even better, just suggest that he should ignore you as well, there is no need for him to read what you say if he finds it disturbing. Eventually he will get tired of getting no response to his posts. The ignore feature is a wonderful thing to have available and to use whenever it is. You can have and express your opinions and also maintain civility.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Big Bill Fan terrorized me with unsolicited private messages because I bad posted him.

The best part is that Henry B apologized for doing this meaning Big Bill Fan is Henry B they are the same.

You call me a loser yet you have another account to back your obnoxious behavior.  I have never been suspended from this board but you and your account and Henry B have been a couple of times.

You have attacked Pistol and whined you could not PM him.  Steve put a stop on your nasty online harassment.

These 2 accounts from one crazed individual wants to hide like a coward and harass people.  I look forward to meeting you face to face someday so you can call me a loser.

As for the posters that liked Big Bill Fan calling me a loser, shame on you what is wrong with you.  I am a frustrated fan so I am a loser for that good grief.  You just supported a poster that has 2 accounts and harasses posters with unwanted PM’s and has been suspended, strong move.

Wow...you are one sick puppy.  You say me and BBF are the same person...really? You care to put your money where your mouth is? Name the amount...any amount you want...just make sure it is big. Money goes to the SLU athletic department. You made a complete ass out of yourself with your juvenile rant against the coach and some how that is supposed to be my fault?

Either put your money up or shut up. You are pathetic. 

AGB91 likes this

4 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Wow...you are one sick puppy.  You say me and BBF are the same person...really? You care to put your money where your mouth is? Name the amount...any amount you want...just make sure it is big. Money goes to the SLU athletic department. You made a complete ass out of yourself with your juvenile rant against the coach and some how that is supposed to be my fault?

Fight Smile GIF - Fight Smile Happy GIFs

20 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Can i have a piece of that bet? i met both of them in the same room some time back. different people

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Again, you call out people for leaving a game early, and yet are threatening to pull your support if you don’t get the coach you want…. I thought loser was a very appropriate term, how about a whiny little brat, would that be more palatable???? As for terrorizing you with a PM, you’ve completely lost your mind… what did I threaten to do to you, steal your pacifier???

AGB91 likes this

On 1/6/2023 at 3:59 PM, Bills By 40 said:

Recruiting classes will vary depending on the upperclassmen around them. It's hard to bring in good freshman when you can't promise them a lick of playing time, which is what you've seen this year. 

Next year's freshman class is much better, because we're expecting them to have immediate roles. 

The class immediately after Goodwin and Has? Carte'Are was a big name but we know how that went, Fred turned out to be great but wasn't highly regarded at the time, and Demarius Jacobs was also just a 3 star recruit. I don't think that class on paper, nor through their first year, proved any better than this year's freshmen. And we seem to not be including Momo in that count because we have 4 in the freshman class.  

no one has mentioned rivera, do we know his status?

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

no one has mentioned rivera, do we know his status?

Good question.  Tried to see if he was on the sidelines with the rest of the team by re-watching a little of yesterday's game.  Saw Thatch but did not spot Rivera, maybe I just missed him?  He should be with the team on the sidelines, at least for home games, right?

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

CBfan, leave him alone and ignore him and all his aliases. Even better, just suggest that he should ignore you as well, there is no need for him to read what you say if he finds it disturbing. Eventually he will get tired of getting no response to his posts. The ignore feature is a wonderful thing to have available and to use whenever it is. You can have and express your opinions and also maintain civility.

Hey old guy, I guess you’re too foolish to realize  that I’m one of the few on this board who has actually defended you in the past . I don’t know why you feel the need to perpetuate the lie that I post under multiple aliases. I never have initiated attacks on other posters, I have responded to attacks, which after all is the point of a message board. Again I’m not the one says people who leave a game a few minutes early to avoid getting stuck in traffic when they have to get up early for work are bad fans. I’m also not the guy who said that the players should be made to walk home after a loss at St Bonaventure or that they would not renew their tickets if our current coach is not fired. I suggest you take your own advice and mind your business when you are clueless about the facts. It’s stunning the number on this board who can dish it out but can’t take it…oh and it’s amusing how some find the word loser is so offensive yet they post some of the most vile and disgusting language, but they use an * to hide some of the letters… some might say that’s a bit hypocritical… as for CB’s challenge to meet me at a game, I would be glad to but unfortunately, I guess that’s not happening unless they fire Ford first..

On 1/6/2023 at 3:59 PM, Bills By 40 said:

Recruiting classes will vary depending on the upperclassmen around them. It's hard to bring in good freshman when you can't promise them a lick of playing time, which is what you've seen this year. 

Next year's freshman class is much better, because we're expecting them to have immediate roles. 

The class immediately after Goodwin and Has? Carte'Are was a big name but we know how that went, Fred turned out to be great but wasn't highly regarded at the time, and Demarius Jacobs was also just a 3 star recruit. I don't think that class on paper, nor through their first year, proved any better than this year's freshmen. And we seem to not be including Momo in that count because we have 4 in the freshman class.  

Jacobs is averaging 12 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists for a team that has won 7 in a row.

22 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Hey old guy, I guess you’re too foolish to realize  that I’m one of the few on this board who has actually defended you in the past . I don’t know why you feel the need to perpetuate the lie that I post under multiple aliases. I never have initiated attacks on other posters, I have responded to attacks, which after all is the point of a message board. Again I’m not the one says people who leave a game a few minutes early to avoid getting stuck in traffic when they have to get up early for work are bad fans. I’m also not the guy who said that the players should be made to walk home after a loss at St Bonaventure or that they would not renew their tickets if our current coach is not fired. I suggest you take your own advice and mind your business when you are clueless about the facts. It’s stunning the number on this board who can dish it out but can’t take it…oh and it’s amusing how some find the word loser is so offensive yet they post some of the most vile and disgusting language, but they use an * to hide some of the letters… some might say that’s a bit hypocritical… as for CB’s challenge to meet me at a game, I would be glad to but unfortunately, I guess that’s not happening unless they fire Ford first..

I am a friend of CBfan, and he says that you use aliases. I have no idea if you do or not. However, I think you and CBfan should place each other on ignore and solve the issue.

22 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I am a friend of CBfan, and he says that you use aliases. I have no idea if you do or not. However, I think you and CBfan should place each other on ignore and solve the issue.

I could care less what you think or who you’re friends with. I do care about you perpetuating a lie. If you had decency you would apologize…

9 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Your post can be used to prove you were an accessory to any damages caused by a physical confrontation instigated by you and others. You may tell the authorities it was a joke (note the lack of blue font), and see if they believe you. That goes for the criminal side. There is always a civil law suit that comes after the criminal side is settled, whichever way it may be settled. You should hope nothing physical happens. You and others are placing yourselves in a potentially dangerous situation that might bring serious consequences if someone is injured.

Some kinds of jokes can be dangerous, always remember to use the blue font unless you mean it.

No blue font needed because