Parker and Cisse

GOSLU68

On 1/1/2023 at 7:05 PM, NextYearBill said:

So I’m not witnessing a guy chucking shots and missing every time? I’ll adjust my television. To think we had a savior on the bench while losing to SIUE, dang it. 

With tonight’s game, Parker has met or surpassed Rashad’s season high in points from last season four times. Parker has also nearly doubled Rashad’s point total and we’re only halfway through the season.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2023 at 9:40 PM, NoCoBillsFan said:

With tonight’s game, Parker has met or surpassed Rashad’s season high in points from last season four times. Parker has also nearly doubled Rashad’s point total and we’re only halfway through the season.

Speaking of players from last year, just noticed that Lassina Traore is starting at Long Beach State and averaging 10.3 and 9.3. Turnover rate of 1.7. Pretty solid stats. Not surprised he’s doing well and wish he was still part of the program.

CBFan likes this

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Speaking of players from last year, just noticed that Lassina Traore is starting at Long Beach State and averaging 10.3 and 9.3. Turnover rate of 1.7. Pretty solid stats. Not surprised he’s doing well and wish he was still part of the program.

omg!  i hadnt bother to follow.   and i get ripped all the time for saying we need to play more players.  here is a guy buried for the most part at the end of the bench.  darn near averaging a big man double double.  raise your hand if you would like to have him with those stats in our rotation now?

Marlow and billikenbill like this

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, billikenbill said:

I loved Basile, hated to see him go too. Wish the coaching staff would’ve done more to keep him here

4 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I loved Basile, hated to see him go too. Wish the coaching staff would’ve done more to keep him here

Having a solid 2nd year. Still would be 3rd option big for us this year tho.

brianstl likes this

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Having a solid 2nd year. Still would be 3rd option big for us this year tho.

Oh for sure, and Ford hasn’t exactly shown a knack for developing big men. He likely would’ve been recruited over and transferred out before he became an upperclassman. But it’s fun to think about the “what-if” of a guy with a lot of potential.

wgstl likes this

This is why Ford's ability to recruit becomes largely meaningless. He gets people like Traore, does not use him and recruits above him. Traore goes somewhere else and does fine. Ability to recruit tlent has to be combined with development of the talent into meaningful playing time, not sitting the player in the bench and watch him waste.

Ford, the recruiter, is neutralized by Ford the coach. Talent sitting on the bench is useless.

46 minutes ago, Old guy said:

This is why Ford's ability to recruit becomes largely meaningless. He gets people like Traore, does not use him and recruits above him. Traore goes somewhere else and does fine. Ability to recruit tlent has to be combined with development of the talent into meaningful playing time, not sitting the player in the bench and watch him waste.

Ford, the recruiter, is neutralized by Ford the coach. Talent sitting on the bench is useless.

Traore isn't the "talent" that Ford gets praised for recruiting...Traore was a bench filler. Nobody plays spots 10-13 on their bench, get the fu** over it everybody. 

13 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Traore isn't the "talent" that Ford gets praised for recruiting...Traore was a bench filler. Nobody plays spots 10-13 on their bench, get the fu** over it everybody. 

They're obsessed with "player development" ... When it matters less than it ever has in the history of the sport. Get guys in here that can play NOW.

Bills By 40 likes this

I'll never understand the MBM obsession with backbenchers. I knew traore would transfer and he did -- he transferred to a lesser program in a lesser conference. Go figure. Good for him that he's doing well where he's at.

AGB91 likes this

Some recruits don’t fit. They may have the same skills but need permission to show them- that is what I thought DJ. Should have been a starter scoring 20 points but Denarius was will to play behind others and sit on bench 

• 7 months later...
On 1/3/2023 at 11:24 AM, brianstl said:

The second largest donation to the Champions Center was anonymous.  The Novellys don't have a big history of attaching their name to their donations.  I am not saying it was the Novellys, but............. I am not assuming the Novelly's quit bankrolling the program because we don't hear about Pestello sunbathing on Tony's yacht.  We never heard about the huge chunk Tony was paying for Majerus's salary.  Everyone just assumed Chaifetz was paying that.  

Perhaps SLU needed a Supreme Court Justice, to spend some yacht time:

https://twitter.com/brettmmurphy/status/1689584651252219904?s=46&t=TsCCkuE48YmnkWfoKqc_Ng

https://twitter.com/brettmmurphy/status/1689584652619522048?s=46&t=TsCCkuE48YmnkWfoKqc_Ng

https://twitter.com/brettmmurphy/status/1689584654595047424?s=46&t=TsCCkuE48YmnkWfoKqc_Ng

https://www.propublica.org/article/clarence-thomas-other-billionaires-sokol-huizenga-novelly-supreme-court