The Most Disappointing Team in College Basketball

SLUDrew

I keep coming back to this article and wondering if you could rewrite it verbatim about the current state of SLU basketball? It seems like Ford is in exactly the same place as he was nearly a decade ago. I just think it’s interesting, and we’ll see if he has the same outcome that he had before…

https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/platform/amp/2014/4/3/5546118/travis-ford-fired

Lots of fascinating quotes but this one caught my eye: 

“Some fear that without Travis the [Billikens] won't attract the same level of talent, but what's it matter if the talent is constantly squandered?”

Nice job coach Ford, I hope you are hearing it from fans, coaches, friends and more importantly your boss Chris May.

I am currently not committed to renewing my 4 seats.

It’s time for the coach to change his ways or he needs to go.  The season can be saved by not doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Bizziken likes this

15 hours ago, CBFan said:

Nice job coach Ford, I hope you are hearing it from fans, coaches, friends and more importantly your boss Chris May.

I am currently not committed to renewing my 4 seats.

It’s time for the coach to change his ways or he needs to go.  The season can be saved by not doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

I’m still in the $99 seats and will remain there until this program shows some effort and progress towards getting to the next level as a program. Unfortunately the first step to that now has to be getting rid of Ford. He’s not the guy. 

until then, I’ll be remaining in the nosebleeds. I’ve spent $99 in way worse ways.  

41 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I’m still in the $99 seats and will remain there until this program shows some effort and progress towards getting to the next level as a program. Unfortunately the first step to that now has to be getting rid of Ford. He’s not the guy. 

until then, I’ll be remaining in the nosebleeds. I’ve spent $99 in way worse ways.  

@ me next time

gobillsgo likes this

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Since moving down to the lower bowl 5 years ago I don’t want to go back but it makes good sense and would save me $1600.00.

Unless our team improves I will be skipping the middle of the week games it’s too far of a drive on a work night to watch home losses.

I hope this team and coach can win the A10 tournament or this will be one sad year.

Bizziken likes this

When we last lived in St. Louis our SLU season Tix were in the same section as Father Biondi's. Someone would have to advise me what those Tix would run at Chaifetz now. I feel for the fans laying out their money and watching the product you are seeing. Don't think there is anyone on this website with the insight to really know if Ford is feeling any heat. Don't know because the dude who hired him still runs the SLU Athletic Dept. That alone gives me little comfort with the current situation.

19 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Since moving down to the lower bowl 5 years ago I don’t want to go back but it makes good sense and would save me $1600.00.

Unless our team improves I will be skipping the middle of the week games it’s too far of a drive on a work night to watch home losses.

I hope this team and coach can win the A10 tournament or this will be one sad year.

This is one of the things I love about the $99 seats. I don’t feel bad if my seats go unused for a game or two.  I usually make all but 2-3 games a season, and the games I can’t make I try to give my tickets away, but people aren’t exactly lining up for tickets to see this year’s team.  (The two games I’ve missed this year are Boise and SIUE, maybe the athletic department should be strongly encouraging my attendance…)

Value wise, if there’s two good OOC games and a Dayton home game, I feel like the $99 was well spent. 

44 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

The way this year is going I encourage everyone to enjoy healthy, consistent amounts of their favorite vices. In a proper world we'd be able to invoice the bills for said vices to the SLU athletic department. 

Sounds like I'm making myself some cocktails 😎😎

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

The way this year is going I encourage everyone to enjoy healthy, consistent amounts of their favorite vices. In a proper world we'd be able to invoice the bills for said vices to the SLU athletic department. 

I don’t know about healthy amounts, but Chaifetz concessions have certainly profited plenty off me as a result of our play this season, mostly in the form of my favorite local brew, Budweiser Select. 

2 hours ago, BC1764 said:

UK fans just about want to dump Calipari into the Ohio River. A competent AD would get on the phone as I speak.

scum calipari is probably a worst floor coach than ford.   calipari gets by because he more times than not has the most talent.   of course he has more recruiting perks than most and probably most not legal.  (he's had to vacate seasons in two different programs).  now with the NiL b.s. more or less legalizing paying the players, kentucky is foolish to even thinking about letting him walk.   wont take him long with those blood thirsty boosters to have more money than the new york mets to pay players.  

those advantages would not follow him to saint louis and i would hope or administration allow such.   

CBFan and Tonka like this