Happy Festivus Airing of Billikens Personal Greivances

thetorch

Not to beat a dead horse(last nights mizzou game), seeing how active Mizzou was is everything I want this team to be. they were everywhere, diving to everything, active hands, crashing the boards.  Its the small easy things to fix...

34 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I have a lot of problems with this program and now you're going to hear about.

Let me start with we are getting rid of the World's Greatest Pep Band but still employing the World's Worst PA announcer.

If you know any donors who can raise hell with Chris May, they'd be the first I'd go to.

9 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

If you know any donors who can raise hell with Chris May, they'd be the first I'd go to.

The guy who the arena is named after and his son are pretty active on twitter - maybe reach out to them there. 

8 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

If the guy who‘s name is on the building and his son could at least fix the band situation now, and fix other stuff after the season, that would be appreciated 

From your lips, etc.

I was just reading a column by veteran Sporting Green scribe Bruce Jenkins in the San Francisco Chronicle, a section of which noted LA Dodgers (another Blue team) POBO Andrew Friedman and Field Manager Dave Roberts describing a "lack of palpable motivation" in the Dodgers in their playoff series loss to the San Diego Padres. 

I thought that's it, that's what I'm seeing re our Billikens:  a lack of palpable motivation.  Some of that problem may well be by coaching design, as in completely turning the keys to the kingdom over to Yuri Collins and implementing that Yuri-Iverson Hero Ball, which failed miserably at crunch time vs. SIUe.  I can't believe I just typed that, still don't believe what I saw Wed. night.

How do the Billikens get the mojo back?  Ditch the Yuri-Iverson Hero Ball.  Play the team.  Get everyone involved in the de facto 4th Quarter, in crunch time.  When Javonte Perkins is microwave hot, as in 23 points hot, first have him on the court, in the game, ahem, and get him the ball.  This is really very basic stuff.

drkelsey55 and Gremio14 like this

5 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I was just reading a column by veteran Sporting Green scribe Bruce Jenkins in the San Francisco Chronicle, a section of which noted LA Dodgers (another Blue team) POBO Andrew Friedman and Field Manager Dave Roberts describing a "lack of palpable motivation" in the Dodgers in their playoff series loss to the San Diego Padres. 

I thought that's it, that's what I'm seeing re our Billikens:  a lack of palpable motivation.  Some of that problem may well be by coaching design, as in completely turning the keys to the kingdom over to Yuri Collins and implementing that Yuri-Iverson Hero Ball, which failed miserably at crunch time vs. SIUe.  I can't believe I just typed that, still don't believe what I saw Wed. night.

How do the Billikens get the mojo back?  Ditch the Yuri-Iverson Hero Ball.  Play the team.  Get everyone involved in the de facto 4th Quarter, in crunch time.  When Javonte Perkins is microwave hot, as in 23 points hot, first have in on the court, in the game, ahem, and get him the ball.  This is really very basic stuff.

I now think that the older vets should not have come back this year.  I wonder if they are like seniors in high school - hard for them to keep their focus because they are mentally already gone.

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I now think that the older vets should not have come back this year.  I wonder if they are like seniors in high school - hard for them to keep their focus because they are mentally already gone.

But do they really think that performances like Wednesday night won’t be seen by professional scouts and won’t be considered when it comes time fo r a job in the pros?

A "lack of palpable motivation," that's it, that's what's ailing the Billikens, IMO. It's like Senioritis. 

I was sitting there during the de facto 4th Quarter Wed. night in Section 108.  Right in front of me, time after time Yuri dribble drove to the hoop and either got stuffed or missed a contested shot.  Three players just stood around and watched.  The Center joined them after he tried to set a pick for Yuri.

Lack of palpable motivation - What is the cure?  The Coach can sit players, but SLU being in the A10 leaves it virtually no margin for error.

Of course, SLU going 12-21, 57.1%, at the free throw line did not help its cause in the 2 point loss.  That wasn't due to that stingy SIUe "free throw defense."

51 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

But do they really think that performances like Wednesday night won’t be seen by professional scouts and won’t be considered when it comes time fo r a job in the pros?

This is the NIL problem. They're already getting paid and if they have eligibility left, they can just go somewhere else and get paid. There's no incentive if there are already incentives. 

Sincere Parker and Hargrove could get more minutes at the expense of Jimerson and Picket and withe the way our centers played not sure why MoMo Cisse sat the whole game.

the way Illinois played and S.L.U. played you wonder if people shave points?