Band?

Cowboy II

4 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I don't like May because he's a phony. Call me Holden Caulfield, but that gladhanding bull**** bothers me.

if you dont like a glad handing overly friendly AD, you dont understand division one college sports.   you gotta be able to make it rain and you never know what booster has or will win the lottery next.   

Chris May is the overall best AD SLU has had in my Billiken fandom.

AGB91, AlumniFan and HenryB like this

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

if you dont like a glad handing overly friendly AD, you dont understand division one college sports.   you gotta be able to make it rain and you never know what booster has or will win the lottery next.   

Chris May is the overall best AD SLU has had in my Billiken fandom.

You can be a gladhander without being a jack@$$ and May knows nothing about the latter.

On 12/27/2022 at 6:13 PM, BrettJollyComedyHour said:
1 hour ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

You can be a gladhander without being a jack@$$ and May knows nothing about the latter.

He's never been a jackass to me, my family, or anyone Else I know.   

Actually, I don't think you can be a successful Gladhander and jackazz at the same time.

HoosierPal, HenryB and dennis_w like this

How does my like or dislike of a person affect their obvious, internal agenda?    Didn't know that's how it all worked. 

Let's remember when we first met and the very first sentence you used before the initial handshake was concluded.  In reality and on the grander scale, your existence, opinions and persona are inconsequential at best.  

But hey ----- Happy New Year.

1 hour ago, SLUMS81 said:

I have no inside knowledge, but I will bet that Chris May has a finite budget and has to operate within whatever agenda his boss(es) decide to give him.

Doesn't this fit into, like, every job in America?  Certain does for me.

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I need the band to stick around so they can play this song for the trumpet solo.

I've always thought having the band play this for a tip off intro would be bad@$$

10 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Perry would put on a masterclass for that solo.

Although I’ll bet even if Austin wanted to play that song at tip it would get shut down by the AD. Sounds like there wasn’t much autonomy anymore in choosing which music they could actually play at various points in the game 

Perry is a treasure. The dude can play anything and looks cool as hell doing it.

Yes, this has been part of the tension the past few years. More and more of the gameday has been scripted as the years have gone on. The band used to be able to reactively play situationally appropriate music depending on what happened in the game. Now it's Final Countdown at the under 4 Every. Fouking. Game.

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Hoping for a big turnout 🤞🤞

Turnout has been pretty big for the Women’s game against Fordham, seems like they tried out new songs too. For the game against George Mason Wednesday starting at 11am, there was just a DJ, but that looked to be a planned thing due to the start time. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Turnout has been pretty big for the Women’s game against Fordham, seems like they tried out new songs too. For the game against George Mason Wednesday starting at 11am, there was just a DJ, but that looked to be a planned thing due to the start time. 

And because 5-15 year olds like viral songs and dances.

55 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

For the game against George Mason Wednesday starting at 11am, there was just a DJ, but that looked to be a planned thing due to the start time. 

Yep, alums and students alike can't really swing the Education Day game, so what BF05 said was accurate and planned.

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Hoping for a big turnout 🤞🤞

band seems to have become predominately alumni since the blow up.   and with this being a 6 pm game, i am not expecting a big band turnout as the alumni do have jobs not billiken related.