What’s the excuse for tonight?

brianstl

2 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

I was saying it 2-3 years ago with you.  But I was a TROLL for it.  This man can't coach. Couldn't at Ok State, can't here.  He recruits and rolls a ball out there.  

Worst loss at home I have ever been in attendance for. 

You are still a troll.......kind of the definition of an asshat the only pops up after losses.....

CBFan, AGB91 and slufanskip like this

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

That's the way to go if you want any Billiken fan old enough to be elected president to take up pickleball instead of renewing their season tickets  Id rather just commit suicide with Box's dolphin.......

If he wins they’ll come back.

it was SIUE.... i grew up in Edwardsville..... this is the rockiest of rock bottom for me.

I would have fired Travis right after the game. Let Tate run the show in the interim 

$2M a year to lose AT HOME!!!!! to SIUE!!!!!!!!! just stop talking anybody who defends this man 

BilliesBy40 and Bizziken like this

8 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

I was saying it 2-3 years ago with you.  But I was a TROLL for it.  This man can't coach. Couldn't at Ok State, can't here.  He recruits and rolls a ball out there.  

Worst loss at home I have ever been in attendance for. 

2-3 years ago was when we made the tourney and hadn’t delt with the Covid season and loss to JP. So you set your self up with that one 

as to all of last night.   i am shocked at the developments of the band.   this isnt good and very well might be the end of "the world's greatest pep band and set us back in that regard to the early 80's as far as pep band goes.   surely the leadership recognize this.   i chose not to suit up with the band last night just because i hadnt been to a game in a couple of weeks and wanted to enjoy the game completely expecting a easy win.  

instead, the typical ford last quarter collapse happened again.   those wanting to exempt both ford and collins are so far off base.   collins might be the most selfish player on the team in 40 years.   sure his double double looks nice on paper, but i have said numerous times, he is a point guard not the second coming of michael jordan.   he is about the last guy who we want to put the winning shot in his hands.   but somehow he (and ford) believe he is the man and last night's last five minutes was just atrocious.  those saying everyone was standing around, i hate to tell you, that was by design.   it was give it to yuri and stay out of the way.   and that had no chance of success.  the truth is the edwardsville point guard was better that last 5 minutes than yuri.   if that hurts you yuri cultists, i am sorry.

i am fast losing patience now with ford as well.   many were remarking post game about the team being soft with no leader or heart.   sure looked that way last night.  and there is no excuse for not sticking with perkins when he was obviously having his best night of the year.   sure perkins isnt back.   he cant play defense, he cant drive very well yet, but man was he feeling it from long distance.   ride that horse.   my gosh.   i am sure there are also plenty upset at okoro last night.   but once he got in foul trouble, there wasnt much he could do at that point.   

but collins had the ball.   fail.   ford had hot players (parker and perkins) and let them sit.  that game is all on collins and ford imo.

i have lost confidence in what many felt was going to be "the year" to now almost assuredly being another mediocre year.  this so disappointing and i am not looking forward to facing family and friends this weekend who i have been touting this is the year.   so f'ing sad and i am so f'ing mad.  

10 hours ago, Littlebill said:

How long are we going to keep up with this trope? I don’t know how you can watch tonight’s game and say that with a straight face

Agreed.  He can pass.  Awesome.  He can’t shoot, he can’t drive with authority.  He gets torched on defense.  His quickness is average at best.  

I'm not saying there is an actual correlation with his coaching but Ford hasn't been the same since Stuen died 

We may not even win 20 games this season which is a huge barometer of success for some people for some reason. I think we will but it's not guaranteed.

The A10 is down so we still have a chance but a team that loses at home to SIUE probably shouldn't think all is fine just because the A10 is down

8 minutes ago, joe_davola said:

Agreed.  He can pass.  Awesome.  He can’t shoot, he can’t drive with authority.  He gets torched on defense.  His quickness is average at best.  

The defense is what really kills us.  edwardsville guys look like jordair Jett when yuri is guarding them 

9 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

There are a lot of complaints about our offense (which are justified) but I personally think the defense has been awful too. Both individual defending and team defending. 

This year they’ve completely forgotten how to play help defense and box out

24 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

that is on the coach.

TheBand likes this

53 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

There were several times, last night, when a loose ball occurred, and our Billikens acted scared of it. 😬 

Not to mention the fact that we continue to allow a shocking amount of open 3-pointers. Is this an effort issue, or a defensive scheme issue?

3 hours ago, MattyMo213 said:

He swears "I talk until I'm blue (#TEAMBLUE) in the face about blocking out."  Hashtag added by me, but that is a quote from post game interview. 

So it's not working.

Dr. Holly Hills likes this

15 hours ago, dlarry said:

Outside the box coaching suggestion…Quin Snyder. 

Pluses:

He’s sleazy enough to excel in the NIL and portal and a great offensive mind.

Negatives:

If you have daughters as undergrads you will be a little nervous.

BillikenRoys head might explode

In all honesty I’d kick the tires.

Plus, if he had success here, it would drive Mizzou fans crazy.