What’s the excuse for tonight?

brianstl

3 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I don't want to make this so the pro Ford crowd becomes so entrenched in their positions so pitting 1 group v another by pointing out they were wrong doesn't help. 

I understand looking at the recruiting and 20 win seasons and thinking things are going in the right direction. 

However, I started to notice the cracks and lack of improvement despite the experience and talent.  The team just never seemed to have consistent effort. 

Chris Mack makes a lot of sense.  Is UofL still paying him a salary?  If so depending on his deal maybe they can cover most of his pay for a few years.  I know interesting structured deals have been done by other teams. 

I brought up Mack a couple weeks ago. If he’s interested, we should be on the phone right f****** now. He is the Majerus to Ford’s Crews

Bizziken likes this

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I brought up Mack a couple weeks ago. If he’s interested, we should be on the phone right f****** now. He is the Majerus to Ford’s Crews

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/basketball/louisville/2022/01/26/chris-mack-louisville-basketball-coach-settlement-mike-pegues-news-update/9223024002/

Bizarre at UofL he recorded an assistant then fired him.   That issue caused the team to have issues but it probably opened the school up to legal issues (just a guess). They paid him a $4.8mil settlement to walk away them proceeded to tank. 

Dude is a multi time A10 coach of the year with multiple Sweet 16 runs. 

5 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

How long are we going to keep up with this trope? I don’t know how you can watch tonight’s game and say that with a straight face

Dude can make great passes because of his court vision and abilities.   Now imagine he's in a cohesive, consistent offense that actually sets effective screens.   It is a waste.  

Bills By 40 likes this

5 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Outside the box coaching suggestion…Quin Snyder. 

Pluses:

He’s sleazy enough to excel in the NIL and portal and a great offensive mind.

Negatives:

If you have daughters as undergrads you will be a little nervous.

BillikenRoys head might explode

In all honesty I’d kick the tires.

Woahhh from left field. Part of me likes it

19 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Pluses:

Negatives:

So would I.  I want to see another tournament appearance and a second weekend. Alter boys finish last.

23 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Pluses:

Negatives:

It is more realistic to try bringing Majerus back from the afterlife. 

28 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Pluses:

Negatives:

If we are stooping that low, at least go for Marshall.

Yeah dude just got on ignore list for being over the top dumb.  Can't find the ignore button is it only on desktop?

Chris Mack this is too perfect.  Dude could win A10 next year. 

The below is my post from another thread. There were three things that stood out tonight. 1. Yuri is is a great passer but doesn't understand everything else. 2. When you have Perkins shaking of an ankle roll and then coming back to score on multiple possession, how does he not touch the ball for ever in the second half? (I blame Ford and Yuri). 3. Parker creates his own shot off the dribble twice in the first half and then sits for the second half. (Ford or injury) But mainly, the below:

"There are a whole lot of good points in this thread. For me it seems like we have too many nice guys on this team. What I mean is that we don't have anyone with enough ball hog/give it to me/I am pissed if I get blocked/that's MY board personality. Also, there is too much Yuri watching during offensive sets and not enough guys busting their butts to get open.

I think Yuri works very hard to get the defenders to switch on screens with our bigs but, when we dump it in, the bigs are slow to take advantage. If the bigs were quicker to the rim and/or better kicking it out for open threes, this offense would be much more consistent. Two Linssen types would be great! So, it's up to the coaches to figure it out or change the offense."

https://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30942-the-average-path-to-greatness/&do=findComment&comment=735565

6 minutes ago, billiCAN said:

The below is my post from another thread. There were three things that stood out tonight. 1. Yuri is is a great passer but doesn't understand everything else. 2. When you have Perkins shaking of an ankle roll and then coming back to score on multiple possession, how does he not touch the ball for ever in the second half? (I blame Ford and Yuri). 3. Parker creates his own shot off the dribble twice in the first half and then sits for the second half. (Ford or injury) But mainly, the below:

"There are a whole lot of good points in this thread. For me it seems like we have too many nice guys on this team. What I mean is that we don't have anyone with enough ball hog/give it to me/I am pissed if I get blocked/that's MY board personality. Also, there is too much Yuri watching during offensive sets and not enough guys busting their butts to get open.

I think Yuri works very hard to get the defenders to switch on screens with our bigs but, when we dump it in, the bigs are slow to take advantage. If the bigs were quicker to the rim and/or better kicking it out for open threes, this offense would be much more consistent. Two Linssen types would be great! So, it's up to the coaches to figure it out or change the offense."

https://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30942-the-average-path-to-greatness/&do=findComment&comment=735565

Linssen was better than Forrester or Okoro. Losing him and Jones put some major holes in our roster.

Ford(correction: Rick Pitino) needs to get us guys with better fundamentals, cover our weaknesses better rather than piling on athletics. This is the single most inconsistent Billiken team i have ever seen in 20+ years of watching.

I agree with many of those on this string.  I have been a Ford supporter since his arrival to SLU.  No doubt he can recruit.  After tonight I have serious doubts his coaching ability above average.   He has been outcoached at least three times this year- Maryland, Iona and this game...perhaps Boise State as well.    The players deserve a coach that effectively elevates their abilities to perform at a high level a new level at game-time.  I don't see that happening.  The offence for last 6 minutes of the game tonight consisted of Yuri driving to the basket and four players standing around watching.  The team seemed lethargic and lost.  As far as the absence of a floor leader, that is on the coach-to develop his key seasoned players to excel in the floor general role.  SLU can do better than Ford.

Old guy likes this

2 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Linssen was better than Forrester or Okoro. Losing him and Jones put some major holes in our roster.

Ford needs to get us guys with better fundamentals, cover our weaknesses better rather than piling on athletics. This is the single most inconsistent Billiken team i have ever seen in 20+ years of watching.

So, Ford is not such a good recruiter after all?

Perkins hits his 23 point and Ford takes him to the bench, Or he needs a breather.

But he never put him back in until it was too late. Instead he watch Jimerson miss after miss.

Finally put him back in but the momentum has been murdered by the coach. 

Never recovered. Others continue to make dumb turnovers down the streech.

Really sad and I don't know Sht about baseketball.

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Me and my guy @mrjoelabs were the first people with pitch forks. 

welcome to the club. 

#fireford

I was saying it 2-3 years ago with you.  But I was a TROLL for it.  This man can't coach. Couldn't at Ok State, can't here.  He recruits and rolls a ball out there.  

Worst loss at home I have ever been in attendance for. 

3 hours ago, dlarry said:

Pluses:

Negatives:

That's the way to go if you want any Billiken fan old enough to be elected president to take up pickleball instead of renewing their season tickets  Id rather just commit suicide with Box's dolphin.......