GDT: SIUE

Bills By 40

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

No doubt we got some favorable calls against Providence. Has nothing to do with the poor officiating in the SIUE game. 

I wasn’t responding to your watching of the SIUE game which puts your social life on par with mine. I was just amused seeing a post about how we always get screwed at home while other programs get favorable officiating at home. More of a commentary about fan bases, that post could be on any fan message board including programs known for getting home cooking.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Isn't it amazing that every team in America gets screwed by the refs.  If every team gets bad calls, who is paying off the refs to swing the game?

I don’t think very many people believe refs are intentionally screwing certain teams. 

I’m of the opinion that referring is a super hard job. Especially at high levels.

College needs so many officials that some bad ones slip through the cracks.

Nobody is trying to screw a team it’s just an extremely hard job so a lot of mistakes are made.

Subconsciously officials might slightly  favor home teams so they can avoid having 8000 people boo them. 

billikenbill likes this

• 1 month later...

Anybody catch the ending of the SIUE Little Rock game? SIUE scores at 12.1 to go up 4, Little Rock cuts it to 2 at 5.0, then a series of SIUE coaching and playing blunders has the game tied at 2.1. 

Little Rock doesn’t contest the pass or have anyone in backcourt and SIUE fires in a 55 footer FTW. Those last 5 seconds are a clinic on what not to do late in the game to protect a lead, or defend a desperation inbounds play.

The Cougars seem to have righted the ship as they’ve won 2 straight after dropping 4 in a row.

38 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Anybody catch the ending of the SIUE Little Rock game? SIUE scores at 12.1 to go up 4, Little Rock cuts it to 2 at 5.0, then a series of SIUE coaching and playing blunders has the game tied at 2.1. 

Little Rock doesn’t contest the pass or have anyone in backcourt and SIUE fires in a 55 footer FTW. Those last 5 seconds are a clinic on what not to do late in the game to protect a lead, or defend a desperation inbounds play.

The Cougars seem to have righted the ship as they’ve won 2 straight after dropping 4 in a row.

Taylor’s shot is the video playing when you open the ESPN app

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

SIUE had two players in the early 80s who wound up playing Wimbledon, Flach and Seguso. Storied program, ton of men’s and women’s national titles.

SIUE had a couple of players last night in the OVC tournament who thought they were Buster Douglas in Tokyo in the 90s. 

20 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Isn’t he the one who was hitting those threes in the second half against us

Not sure. I got tickets for that game for my son's buddies and all their dads. Had probably 30+ people there. I've blacked that game out from my memory forever.

19 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Not sure. I got tickets for that game for my son's buddies and all their dads. Had probably 30+ people there. I've blacked that game out from my memory forever.

Looked it up, only one 3 but had 21 points 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Somehow SIUE came out of this fracas shooting free throws?!?

wish the Bills would have shown this much fight when they played SIUE!

Wasn’t Gordon about to pick a fight after the Seton Hall game, and everyone had to hold him back? Such a head case…see he’s averaging 12/7, still on the Grambling roster, Good for him, he’s better off there anyway.

26 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I agree that 22 was idiotic in that behavior and I think a ref should have stopped that earlier with a foul

Yep. No idea why play wasn’t stopped before it got to that point. Nothing good was going to come from that.