GDT: SIUE

Bills By 40

Did Ford come out to talk the after game analysis. Or did he hide and send someone else? Did he blame one or several players for the defeat? We absolutely should have won this game.

I agree we are fated to keep Ford until the end of the season. There is no way we can switch in the midst of a season and get a new coach in. What could the new coach do?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

He probably didn’t want the stink of a mediocre coach on his hand. Can you blame him?

Why the hell did we stop running sets for Perkins in the latter stages of the second half?  This half was the worst coached half I’ve seen from Ford, and that is saying a lot 

Just now, Old guy said:

Did Ford come out to talk the after game analysis. Or did he hide and send someone else? Did he blame one or several players for the defeat? We absolutely should have won this game.

I agree we are fated to keep Ford until the end of the season. There is no way we can switch in the midst of a season and get a new coach in. What could the new coach do?

has not shown on kmox postgame. doesn't appear he will. hasn't sent anyone. 

Just now, Old guy said:

Unless I missed it, Rammer & Earl just signed off without the ususal post-game Coach segment.

Just now, Old guy said:

I think Tate could have coached the team to a win tonight.  We lost to SIUE.  We are at rock bottom.

Bizziken likes this

1 minute ago, laker119 said:

Why the hell did we stop running sets for Perkins in the latter stages of the second half?  This half was the worst coached half I’ve seen from Ford, and that is saying a lot 

It’s crazy because after siue opened the half on an 8-0 run Travis had us gunning and got the lead to 18. He was actually coaching well up until that point 

2 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

It’s crazy because after siue opened the half on an 8-0 run Travis had us gunning and got the lead to 18. He was actually coaching well up until that point 

The players quit when the lead got to 18. Momentum shifted and they couldn’t get it back.

The players lost this game because they quit and then panicked not because of anything Ford did in game.

However, that quitters mentality is something they have learned from Ford over time. 
The panic that sets in when things go wrong is also something learned from Ford. 

The standing around appeared to me to be the result of the Billikens deciding to try to play hero ball.   

Our hero lost the game but since he was allowed to keep driving to the basket throwing that crap up, that's on Ford 

CBFan and BILLS324 like this

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think Tate could have coached the team to a win tonight.  We lost to SIUE.  We are at rock bottom.

I really don’t think it’s the in game coaching.

I think it’s the scared, timid, nervous, lack of killer instinct, lack of a leader that kills them.

And this is all stuff they have picked up from Ford over the years. At this point John Wooden couldn’t win with this group of learned helplessness. 

2010andBeyond and The Don like this

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I think it’s the scared, timid, nervous, lack of killer instinct, lack of a leader that kills them.

And this is all stuff they have picked up from Ford over the years. At this point John Wooden couldn’t win with this group of learned helplessness. 

When a team consistently blows double digit second half leads over multiple seasons with different players, the one constant is probably the issue.

5 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Today, in game coaching was an issue.  You can’t keep Jimerson in over Perkins for extended stretches when the game is in question.  But I agree with the lack of killer instinct point too