OkieBilliken

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Bring back Anne.

Her e-mail address is awesome - it's just "anne at gocards dot com."  No anne.kordes, akordes, or whatever.  Total power move.  Anyone else there named Anne is totally screwed.

https://gocards.com/sports/womens-volleyball/roster/coaches/anne-kordes/46

13 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Her e-mail address is awesome - it's just "anne at gocards dot com."  No anne.kordes, akordes, or whatever.  Total power move.  Anyone else there named Anne is totally screwed.

https://gocards.com/sports/womens-volleyball/roster/coaches/anne-kordes/46

She has been coaching youth club and high school volleyball in Louisville since she stepped down in late 2016 at UL to spend more time with her family. (her dad is a youth volleyball coaching legend there) 

5 minutes ago, courtside said:

She has been coaching youth club and high school volleyball in Louisville since she stepped down in late 2016 at UL to spend more time with her family. (her dad is a youth volleyball coaching legend there) 

She’s a highly successful coach playing at her alma mater in a city where her family lives and she can spend as much of her off time with them as she wants. I’d take her as our head coach in a heartbeat, but I don’t think Chris May will come up with the cash it would take to get her here…

When Anne stepped down she did it to have more time to devote to raising her 3 year old daughter. Raising a toddler as a single parent and running a college volleyball program has to be extremely difficult.  That daughter will be 10 at the start of next season.

I don’t know if she would be interested in stepping back to the college ranks, but a kid 10 isn’t the same as a toddler.  If I was May, I would at least get in touch with her.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

When Anne stepped down she did it to have more time to devote to raising her 3 year old daughter. Raising a toddler as a single parent and running a college volleyball program to be extremely difficult.  That daughter will be 10 at the start of next season.

I don’t know if she would be interested in stepping back to the college ranks, but a kid 10 isn’t the same as a toddler.  If I was May, I would at least get in touch with her.

Offer: Pay raise, locker room renovations and playing games in the arena.

brianstl and JMM28 like this