GDT: vs Boise State

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys it’s fine! We didn’t need to win this one. We’ll just win the next 2 OOC games! And when we don’t it’s fine! We’ll just coast through a weak A10 conference! And when we don’t it’s fine! Because this is the best we’ll ever be so just shut up and enjoy it because all of the gray hairs on this board suffered through so many bad years and say so!

BC1764 likes this

I am glad I am on cruise a cruise and have been unable to watch the last two games.  I am sure Travis deserves zero blame.  I am sure I will told the blame all belongs on Okoro, Perkins and tonight Yuri.  

The St. Louis Billikens, the official team of the the NIT.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I am glad I am on cruise a cruise and have been unable to watch the last two games.  I am sure Travis deserves zero blame.  I am sure I will told the blame all belongs on Okoro, Perkins and tonight Yuri.  

The St. Louis Billikens, the official team of the the NIT.

If the Bills keep playing like they have recently even in what's looking like a soft A-10 the NIT won't be a sure thing. 

brianstl likes this

3 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

If this program accepts another NIT it will prove that losing is okay with them.

You're not allowed to refuse them. No. Yuri not showing up for his team against UNI last year should have been a wake up call for this year. You don't abandon your guys. You go and play. That's why the program exists. Did KM and WR quit when we went to the CBI? That ended up ushering in one of the greatest eras of billiken ball ever.

But leave it to the short sighted to forego a competitive spirit and only accept foolishness. Where's the team? Terrible.

This team lacks heart up and down the roster and the coaching staff hasn’t been able to game-plan or develop fundamental skills. No leadership whatsoever. What an embarrassment.

Our guards/shooters are MIA, our bigs can’t catch, dribble, make effective post moves, or rocket the ball off the backboard or rim. Is it too much to ask for fundamentals to be done well?? 

drkelsey55 and billiken_roy like this

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I don't have an opinion. Wasn't agreeing or disagreeing. I mean the players need to make some shots. I'm just worried of changing coaches and resetting this whole thing.

I know you care about this program as much as I do… Travis ain’t it.  If our goal is NIT/CBI every year we should hold onto him. If we care about achieving anything more, he has to go. 

Bizziken and Schasz like this

While this loss is dissapointing and does in fact lower my expectations for winning the A10 tourney, it doesn't change my framing for the season. Gotta win the conference tournament. 

That's always my outlook. Can't expect an AtLarge invitation. Not in this conference. 

In the Big Dance era, Spoon got 3 at larges, Majerus 1, and Crews 1. Romar never got one. Sodie never got one. We would have gotten one in 2013 if not for winning the conference tournament. I just always assume we need to get the auto bid or a P5 will get it instead.

Let's get better with the guys we got. Get healthy, Perkins. You're not helping us win right now.

4 minutes ago, Soderball said:

You're not allowed to refuse them. No. Yuri not showing up for his team against UNI last year should have been a wake up call for this year. You don't abandon your guys. You go and play. That's why the program exists. Did KM and WR quit when we went to the CBI? That ended up ushering in one of the greatest eras of billiken ball ever.

But leave it to the short sighted to forego a competitive spirit and only accept foolishness. Where's the team? Terrible.

A school can refuse the NIT. That said, I hope that’s a moot point in a few months.