GDT: vs Boise State

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Nah I slept in an hour today.

Lol to be fair so did I. I wake up at 5:30 for work and woke up at 6:30 but just stayed in bed for another hour because clouds and rain take the cold to an uncomfortable level.

From today's PD article

In this season of high expectations, Ford suggested that the things he wants to see are not materializing as fast as needed, so steps could eventually be taken in search of a spark.

“We do need some guys to start stepping up and playing better and contributing more or there will be changes coming,” he said. “When you perform like we did the other night (at Iona), everything is on the table. It wasn’t one or two guys. But in order to look for the consistency to get where you want to be, when you feel like you’re treading water a little bit, you’re looking at everything.”

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

From today's PD article

In this season of high expectations, Ford suggested that the things he wants to see are not materializing as fast as needed, so steps could eventually be taken in search of a spark.

“We do need some guys to start stepping up and playing better and contributing more or there will be changes coming,” he said. “When you perform like we did the other night (at Iona), everything is on the table. It wasn’t one or two guys. But in order to look for the consistency to get where you want to be, when you feel like you’re treading water a little bit, you’re looking at everything.”

Nice words from Ford, however talk is one thing, doing it is another. If he plays the type of game he does all the time, I think the chances are not good. His technique of rewarding those players who show initiative by benching them does not work. We will see.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

From today's PD article

Might be time to insert Fred for Perk. Take some pressure off him and let him come in to light the candle. Only other move would be Forrester for Franco to light his fire a little. Gibby can’t seem to shake his defender for his 3, but is still getting buckets off movement. Anyone teaching screens to set him free? Pickett’s been a plus. And Yurimania’s setting the table save for one game. I don’t know what other changes he can make at this stage. Parker? Can’t hit the ocean from the dock on his 3s. TJ is ok on D, but you can only get so many Alley Oops in a game. So far the only sub pars have been Okoro and Perk( and I think he’s playing in pain and doesn’t trust either his knee or his ankle). 

26 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Might be time to insert Fred for Perk. Take some pressure off him and let him come in to light the candle. Only other move would be Forrester for Franco to light his fire a little. Gibby can’t seem to shake his defender for his 3, but is still getting buckets off movement. Anyone teaching screens to set him free? Pickett’s been a plus. And Yurimania’s setting the table save for one game. I don’t know what other changes he can make at this stage. Parker? Can’t hit the ocean from the dock on his 3s. TJ is ok on D, but you can only get so many Alley Oops in a game. So far the only sub pars have been Okoro and Perk( and I think he’s playing in pain and doesn’t trust either his knee or his ankle). 

I don't know about TJ on D. I don't think his offensive production is what's keeping his minutes limited.....

35 minutes ago, willie said:

I think he might do  Fred for Perk but I hope he doesn’t. To be really good we need Perk. 

I would start Fred for Perk. Perk will Perk when he Perks. Starting or off the bench. I think Ford just really really respects Perk, which is fair.

That said, I am just not sure if that is enough. Hard to explain why our defense completely disappears sometimes.

Major Majerus likes this