Does Anyone Really Think Ford Still Is A Good Coach After This Mess?

mrjoelabs

16-24 is horrible at the very least it should be even to have any success.

This team has not proven that it can break the losing trend so no hope of breaking even unless Ford stops doing the same thing and expecting different results.

BC1764 and slufan13 like this

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, CBFan said:

16-24 is horrible at the very least it should be even to have any success.

This team has not proven that it can break the losing trend so no hope of breaking even unless Ford stops doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Every year Ford's team hit some wall during the season and lose several games in row but they somehow manage to come out of it but it is always too late.  I know people want to say because he recruits well then he knows how to relate to people but I would disagree.  A real leader manages to keep all the rowers rowing in the correct direction and speed he doesn't seem to know how to do it.  I am only upset about him because he has been given the keys to the kingdom so to speak and he has not delivered even close.  Think about the other coaches we have had and how they would have killed for what Ford has been given.  Ford's MO is getting old.

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

K State up 18 over Texas

Since you mentioned it, they went on to win 116-103. They’re now 13-1 on the season and ready to crack the Top 25. All this with a first year coach.

20 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Since you mentioned it, they went on to win 116-103. They’re now 13-1 on the season and ready to crack the Top 25. All this with a first year coach.

I do wonder if there is an unseen value in hiring an assistant from the same conference to a head coaching gig. They know the conference, they know the type of player that succeeds, and they are used to working in a similar budget/amenities program. 

billikenbill likes this

14 hours ago, JMM28 said:

I do wonder if there is an unseen value in hiring an assistant from the same conference to a head coaching gig. They know the conference, they know the type of player that succeeds, and they are used to working in a similar budget/amenities program. 

Hiring the right guy who can bring in players immediately is the unseen value.

Hiring assistants is a crapshoot unless you know they already have players lined up to bring in or can get them readily.

NIL and transfers >>>>>>> facilities and garbage

Follow the money.

12 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

That’s what we’ve said about every season… then there’s always the excuse.  

Tbh, this is the first legit year without a valid excuse I’m fords defense besides the 2019 season.  

Crewsorlose likes this

Just now, gobillsgo said:

How did that work out tonight?

Arguing with the wrong person my guy. I’ve been completely on the fire ford Wagon for weeks now. Doesn’t change what i said tho, he was super unlucky prior. 

12 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Folks I think there may be only a few games left of this, but it’s been very profitable to bet against a Bills cover. Vegas is going to catch up. Put a silver lining on an awful year. 

Anytime I see SLU favored on the road, it’s an immediate bet on their opponent’s moneyline. Makes the loss sting a bit less. 

8 hours ago, wgstl said:

Arguing with the wrong person my guy. I’ve been completely on the fire ford Wagon for weeks now. Doesn’t change what i said tho, he was super unlucky prior. 

Not trying to argue, this program has me flustered….  I just don’t think Travis dealt with any circumstances that any other coach in the country hasn’t had to deal with at some point or another. Other coaches adapt… Travis makes excuses.  

Bizziken likes this

10 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Not trying to argue, this program has me flustered….  I just don’t think Travis dealt with any circumstances that any other coach in the country hasn’t had to deal with at some point or another. Other coaches adapt… Travis makes excuses.  

Situation 2 is the only unique situation I can think he faced. He's had 8 seasons to figure out consistent success. 1 NCAA trip because of a missed 3 in the A10 Tournament is not enough. Winning seasons are nice, but they mean nothing if you can't produce.

Bizziken likes this

10 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Situation 2 is the only unique situation I can think he faced. He's had 8 seasons to figure out consistent success. 1 NCAA trip because of a missed 3 in the A10 Tournament is not enough. Winning seasons are nice, but they mean nothing if you can't produce.

The entire team having Covid for over a month is rather unique ..

20 minutes ago, wgstl said:

The entire team having Covid for over a month is rather unique ..

Several other teams faced similar tribulations though, covid hit almost all the mid majors at one point or another.