GDT: @ Iona

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

@Bills By 40and @Billiken RichI applaud your steadfast beliefs.  

Collins:  he has already tested the NBA waters and entertained NIL offers elsewhere.  If he has met the NBA evaluations and improved, why stick around?  If he needs more improvements for the NBA, wouldn't doing so at an SEC or ACC or Big Ten school provide more opportunities for such?  Staying at SLU only means he can pursue some NCAA assist record and he would do so with less competent players around him.  Maybe Cisse and Zhang replace the bunnies currently being dished off to Okoro.  Sounds like a wishful dream scenario.

Jimerson:  He might have a second degree in hand come December.  I spoke to members of his family at the Mohegan tournament.  They said he is taking enough second semester classes to stay eligible.  Smart move.  But they lamented the distance between them and seeing him play in games in person.  Virginia and VA Tech are much closer and convenient to them in ACC territory.  NC State and Duke are 2.5 hours down the road; Chapel Hill another 15.  Why not?  

This is huge Debbie Downer stuff and I  expect to be crucified for it.  Reality bites.

Taj is a glass half empty guy? Say it isn't so!

Bills By 40 likes this

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Not sure who I'd be concerned with losing at this point.  I don't think I'll miss Jimerson as much as some.  I do have confidence in Travis' recruiting.............

I’d be disappointed losing any of the underclass men. 

If you have confidence in Fords recruiting you should be disappointed in losing them too. 

This is what veteran teams do. Freshman ride pine while watching Juniors and Seniors play. They learn during practice and get mop up minutes in blowouts. Starting as sophomores they get meaningful minutes. They make mistake but learn from them. By their Junior and Senior years they are ready to compete for conference titles.

This is the best way for non football schools to build consistent winners. You don’t want Freshman getting a lot of minutes.

cgeldmacher likes this

Taj may not be a glass half empty guy. The truth is that he glass is more than half empty as you should clearly see by the end of the season. No one should be crucified for saying the truth. And whether you like it or not, by the end of the season we will all know the truth. Ford is a good recruiter, he is not a good coach. Let's get rid of him after we fail to get into the NCAA tournament this season. He will not be any better next year. The time to start looking for a replacement is now.

10 hours ago, Old guy said:

Taj may not be a glass half empty guy. The truth is that he glass is more than half empty as you should clearly see by the end of the season. No one should be crucified for saying the truth. And whether you like it or not, by the end of the season we will all know the truth. Ford is a good recruiter, he is not a good coach. Let's get rid of him after we fail to get into the NCAA tournament this season. He will not be any better next year. The time to start looking for a replacement is now.

"Taj may not be a glass half empty guy." says the glass completely empty under any and all circumstances guy

When can we start looking for a replacement for you? That time is long overdue. 

33 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I'll just focus on this year from here on out.  The expectations were great and are still achievable.

that's not half empty talk.   you will disappoint the mbm's here writing like that.

• 5 weeks later...