NET Rankings

Bills By 40

24 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

im not saying which i would rather rematch, however i will say that imo from my tv it appeared we had a horrible effort vs Maryland, so i am not sure we are actually as bad as we looked that day or Maryland was actually that good.   both games presented some real low points that i am sure come March we will regret.  

Maryland looked pretty good against Illinois too.......

You need a hug Roy.....

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Maryland looked pretty good against Illinois too.......

You need a hug Roy.....

i just dont appreciate subpar efforts when the talent is there for so much more.

i do like hugs though.

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i just dont appreciate subpar efforts when the talent is there for so much more.

i do like hugs though.

Maryland could've beaten any team in the nation by 20 points that day, they looked unstoppable. Didn't help us that our best perimeter defender was out for the second half. 

39 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

im not saying which i would rather rematch, however i will say that imo from my tv it appeared we had a horrible effort vs Maryland, so i am not sure we are actually as bad as we looked that day or Maryland was actually that good.   both games presented some real low points that i am sure come March we will regret.  

We didn't show up in no where Connecticut, that we know. also Maryland looks like a lot better than most thought.  Both are true. 

billiken_roy likes this

Just now, Bills By 40 said:

Maryland could've beaten any team in the nation by 20 points that day, they looked unstoppable. Didn't help us that our best perimeter defender was out for the second half. 

did they look unstoppable or did we look like we were in the midst of a bad tequila hangover?  yes maryland is appearing to be for real, but we should have given them a better game than that disaster was.  

am i the only one that expects huge results from this year's billiken team?   not sure why there isnt more angst over bad efforts when this might be the most talented deep billikens roster in Saint Louis University history.   particularly since come March we likely will get no help from the A-10.  it's all on the billikens to write the way this season will play out.

Just now, billiken_roy said:

did they look unstoppable or did we look like we were in the midst of a bad tequila hangover?  yes maryland is appearing to be for real, but we should have given them a better game than that disaster was.  

am i the only one that expects huge results from this year's billiken team?   not sure why there isnt more angst over bad efforts when this might be the most talented deep billikens roster in Saint Louis University history.   particularly since come March we likely will get no help from the A-10.  it's all on the billikens to write the way this season will play out.

It was a combination of both. Maryland is flat out GREAT. They're one of the best teams in the nation. 

We played a poor game that day, maybe in part due to it being our first road game, most likely due to being shell-shocked by the 10th-ranked pre-season Big 10 team playing like a top-5 team in the country and shooting 105% from the floor. 

It can be both at the same time. 

I'm much more mad about Auburn than Maryland, as we all should be frankly. 

i think bad shooting days (free throws or from the field) happen.   

there are no excuse for lack of effort and bad mechanics that appear lazy.   

it i am getting my behind waxed it would make me play even harder not less than all out.   and if you want to say they did but it just looked that way, whatever.   from my seat they sure appeared to be standing, reaching, not paying attention, etc.   i.e. just not playing intense.   and there isnt an excuse for that in my mind that is acceptable. 

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I've seen teams get blown out by 30 and still make it to the final four.  Bad games happen.  Teams move on.  Our future will be determined by our ability to win on the road not some game in mid November where everything went wrong.

8 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I've seen teams get blown out by 30 and still make it to the final four.  Bad games happen.  Teams move on.  Our future will be determined by our ability to win on the road not some game in mid November where everything went wrong.

Those teams do not play in the a10 where big games are few and far between 

2 hours ago, BACKHANDtheRICAN said:

It’s odd we’re all trying to find reasons to feel good….does any one have ice cream they can pass around while we do this? 

we aren’t making the tournament unless we win the A10.

The goal has always been to win the regular season title. That will get us an at large if we don’t win the tournament.

cgeldmacher likes this

2 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

The goal has always been to win the regular season title. That will get us an at large if we don’t win the tournament.

With the way the rest of the Conference looks, that might be a realistic goal.

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

I have a seriously hard time believing we are in a 1 bid conference

Believe it. A lot of people had a hard time even imagining Perkins might not come back playing at his prior level, but the reality did not match the expectation. By now we know that this season will not be a cake walk down victory lane.

13 hours ago, The Valley Sucks said:

We are not a good road team. We have 9 away league games. Will 7-2 keep us in the at large bubble?  Depends on the 2 losses. 

6-3?

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

SIUC took a home L against Indiana State. The NET calculus on that game won’t help SLU. 

Indiana state is fricking us big time with W's over Drake and SIU 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

We are not a good road team. We have 9 away league games. Will 7-2 keep us in the at large bubble?  Depends on the 2 losses. 

6-3?

Let's say we had 2 or 3 away losses. Given the NET system, is it best to have the away losses be against the worst teams in the conference, which would mean wins at Dayton, UMass, Davidson, VCU, etc...., or would we want the losses to come against the best away opponents on our schedule?

I'm asking seriously. I can't tell to what extent the "it's who you beat" arithmetic applies.