GDT: vs SIUC

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Just 8 minutes for Perkins.  Seems he has a ways to go physically.  Parker just 5 minutes.  Both seem not to be ready especially on the defensive side of the court.

The two (or was it three) offensive fouls were a sign of issues with Perk.  I hope we can find some way for him to be useful in the coming games, even as just a spot up shooter....... 

23 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Just 8 minutes for Perkins.  Seems he has a ways to go physically.  Parker just 5 minutes.  Both seem not to be ready especially on the defensive side of the court.

Ford may have found the rotation today. 

best 5 on the court at the end:

yuri

jimmer

thatch 

pickett

okoro 

very solid ground there.  I don’t hate it 

34 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Late in the second half I thought I saw Perkins come back to the bench from the tunnel. Anyone else notice? 

2 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Or is Ford reverting back to his normal 8 man rotation?  Don't know.  Note that Jimerson played 0.

Perkins is perplexing:  his point totals for the 9 games, are 21, 13, 2, 17, 14, 15, 4, 15, 3.

A very good game all around.  We couldn't seem to shake SIU but we were in control for the duration.  Yes, they cut it to two but we responded well.

Positives:  Yuri and the assist machine.  This time out 14.  Pickett a warrior.  Thatch a great glue game.  Pickett, Hargrove and Thatch's defense on Domask.  I don't see much of the MVC but Jones as a second team preseason all-conference seems generous.  Overall team defense was much better.  

Negatives:  Okoro's hands of stone and insistence on dribbling.  Do not lower the ball.  Perkins' troubles continue.  Highmark said he'd be back maybe mid-December.  Outside of Xavier Johnson, they shot 3 of 14 from deep.  And Johnson made the same set shot over and over.  Who's man was that?  Not a good performance by our all A10 defensive team PG but there were also missed switches.  Johnson never had a game like that while at Mason.  Every PG sees the face-to-face challenged they have when playing Collins and so far, all seem to want to prove something when facing him.  We (and Yuri) better acknowledge that.  

On to Iona.

23 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The tandem of Yuri and Pickett have done a good job breaking pressure recently. I can see them growing in confidence with each game. 

I knew Pickett was going to be good but I didn't know he would be this good.  It's a luxury to have a player of this quality step up while Perkins is getting up to speed.

Out of good posts but concur on Pickett 100%

48 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Ford may have found the rotation today. 

best 5 on the court at the end:

yuri

jimmer

thatch 

pickett

okoro 

very solid ground there.  I don’t hate it 

While this worked in this particular situation, we need Perkins to be there.  He can’t regress and this point he needs to be getting better.  For these Billikens to reach their ceiling JP needs to be a big contributor 

2 hours ago, joe_davola said:

Have to bribe most of the dweebs with pizza and Coca Cola.  If we had an on campus arena when we were there, I’d be drunk at noon and puking at half time. 

F’in dorks. There’s no reason any SLU student should be studying on a Saturday.

-fouling a 3pt shooter is so crazy and we did it what, 4 times?

-JPerk, get healthy, we;re going to need you, at halftime he was on the baseline using some sort of band around his lower legs

-I hope that dunk flips the switch for Franco

-what an incredible block by Parker, wow, did he play in the 2nd half?

4 hours ago, joe_davola said:

Have to bribe most of the dweebs with pizza and Coca Cola.  If we had an on campus arena when we were there, I’d be drunk at noon and puking at half time. 

Out of likes but daddy likey