The Bills over SIU-C by 8

The Wiz

We did what we were supposed to do against TnSt. ...which means from a numbers point we stay about where we were. But when you become stationary , you give other teams a chance to creep ahead of you which leads us to....

Chance 2 Dance  

Our C2D is now at 52% (down 4%). The problem here is that we are hanging in the twilight zone (again)..between last 4 in or last 4 out. The good news is we have a long way to go which leads us to the next section...

The 17

1 down...16 to go

Game Outlook

The Salukis are not TnSt. They  come in as a B team...we stay at B+. We should win this game but we will have to focus for 40 mins. The good news is that SIU is not very good on offense.  The bad news is they are very good on defense.  In order to win SIU  needs to keep the score down.

Time to look at the report card. You will note there is a difference in this report card. I have added a grade I usually leave blank...Def FT%(under SIU). This is a stat that I usually leave blank because it is my opinion that it is statistically insignificant. There are those who disagree with me. The reasoning goes  that the opponent chooses who they foul the whole game. By picking on the weak shooters they are able to hold down the FT%(in SIU's case...52.2%). I believe this number is random based on playing weaker FT shooting teams. Nonetheless, I have included this on the report card because they are #1 ITN in this category...No reason we can't shoot 75%+ on Sat....Prove me right Bills.

...................SLU....................SIU..........................SLU..........................SIU

.................................OFF..........................................................DEF.............

PPG...............B+.......................F+............................D+...........................A

FG%...............B-........................C.............................A.............................B

3P%..............C+........................D-.............................B............................A+...16th ITN

FT%...............A..........................B.............................................................A+...1st ITN

Reb...............A.........................D.............................D+.............................C

OFF Rebs  = total rebs...DEF Rebs = opp reb

UP...............Off....FT%............Def.....PPF...FG%...3P%

Down.........Off...FG%.....Def...none

Top 100 In The Nation

SLU

Assts...Collins... 1st...unch......159th  on the all time career list

Reb...Okoro...58rd...dn....

FT%...Parker...33rd...up

3PM...Jimerson...45th...dn

Dou Dou...Okoro & Pickett...tied 54th...dn

SIU 

Stls...Jones...24th

Injury /illness report and misc

SIU...Nov 10th...Ebube...Hand...out 6-8 weeks

Keys to the game ...

Domask...He is Mr. Saluki...he leads in PPG...Assts...Rebs...FG%...Blks....Stop this guy and we win....Low scoring game...make the shots count...shoot good ones...finally rebs   dominate the boards

WWN2D2W...

Stop Domask...Hold him to 13 pts and 5 rebs...Win the TO battle, do this by holding Jones to 1 steal. Make some shots...not a lot of shots , just good ones...target slash  46/35/77 ...magic number 66...score this many pts to win....Rebs-Bills by 10 rebs

Bottom line....This will not be an easy game but it is one we should win...a double digit win should boost our C2D...If we play our game we win...if we play their game , we lose.....Rod Serling says "the sign post up ahead says" The Bills win...stranger things have happened.

CenHudDude likes this

9 hours ago, Old guy said:

Unfortunately, I can imagine the Saluki board with a similar display saying "Stop Yuri and we win."

Especially after that 20 assist game. Though it takes depth to do that for a whole game. Im also hoping to see continued progress by Perkins. As Perkins improves, he also requires more defensive attention. 

1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

Especially after that 20 assist game. Though it takes depth to do that for a whole game. Im also hoping to see continued progress by Perkins. As Perkins improves, he also requires more defensive attention. 

right now stopping yuri translates to 7-9 assists a game. 

almaman and Bills By 40 like this

Finally got the Vegas spread from Team Rankings, they favor SLU to win by 20 pts. This is the first time this season that there is such a wide discrepancy between the public sentiment of the betting public Vegas spread and the Wiz's model. From my point of view the Wiz's model is a lot closer to the final score than the Vegas spread is. We will see what happens.

10 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Finally got the Vegas spread from Team Rankings, they favor SLU to win by 20 pts. This is the first time this season that there is such a wide discrepancy between the public sentiment of the betting public Vegas spread and the Wiz's model. From my point of view the Wiz's model is a lot closer to the final score than the Vegas spread is. We will see what happens.

TeamRankings has us favored by 9 no idea where you saw 20

A nice win for The Bills. Let's go over the original post and find out what happened. Bolded statements are  from my original post.

The Bills over SIU-C by 8... Even though we won by 13 we spent quite a bit of time on around the number  8.  It was like when ever we got to far above or below 8 we came right back to it...magic number 66...score this many pts to win...we did, in fact it was when we hit 66 pts and were up by 8 that we opened up the spread to finish with a double digit win.

Stop Domask...Hold him to 13 pts and 5 rebs... This was so-so...He scored 18 but only 3 rebs...also he only had 9 shots...usually takes 12...no 3s made...he did have the 5 extra pts but 8 of his pts were FTs. Had we fouled him a little less we hold him to 13.

target slash  46/35/77 and Rebs-Bills by 10 rebs...Keys to the game... a very  good actual slash 57.9/35.7/82.4...1 more 3PM (43%) and we would have had an excellent slash....6th time we have gone over 82%  on FTs. The key here was The Bills made an extra six 2s. You may ask then why didn't The Bills win by 25?  Because SIU had their best offensive game of the season. Also on the 2s , it may have seemed like Okoro missed a million bunnies but he only needed 1 more 2PM to be at a FG% of 50%.  In this game, 1 more didn't make a difference. We beat them soundly because they had their worst defensive showing of the season. 3P% was about on target. As for Rebs we dominated as I expected by an excellent +14. 

I have added a grade I usually leave blank...Def FT%(under SIU). This is a stat that I usually leave blank because it is my opinion that it is statistically insignificant. There are those who disagree with me. The reasoning goes  that the opponent chooses who they foul the whole game. By picking on the weak shooters they are able to hold down the FT%(in SIU's case...52.2%). I believe this number is random based on playing weaker FT shooting teams. Nonetheless, I have included this on the report card because they are #1 ITN in this category...No reason we can't shoot 75%+ on Sat....Prove me right Bills....we shot 82.4%...30% higher than SIU's allowed FT%...The Bills proved me right and I will continue to skip that stat.

Win the TO battle, do this by holding Jones to 1 steal....This turned out to be a wash as both teams had 14...Jones had 2 steals...this turned out fine.

And finally let's end up where we did on my original post...

Bottom line....This will not be an easy game but it is one we should win...a double digit win should boost our C2D...If we play our game, we win...if we play their game , we lose.....Rod Serling says "the sign post up ahead says" The Bills win...stranger things have happened... we played our game and we won in a convincing manner. A game that was supposed to be a low scoring defensive struggle turned into a 85 point win. Again , nice win.

No spread thread on Sunday because Iona plays tomorrow.  We can use the extra day of rest....Think SIU was tough...Iona is better. Stay tuned for another nail biter.

Like I said in the GDT, I must give props to Travis for speeding up SIU. We also got help from SIU throwing several passes into the first row.  

I was surprised how well we shot considering it felt like the Bills missed a ton of layups, but guys were getting in position to score...probably kept the rebounding numbers down since there weren't many misses for SLU to crash the offensive glass. You nailed it on the guards as their strength...because their frontcourt didn't do much.