GDT: vs Auburn

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

No bigger opportunity than a true road game vs a ranked opponent.

You bet 05 you got the party started.

It’s pay back time from last season when they took one from SLU.

Our team must play defense and not panic if the shots don’t fall early.

No excuses prove Maryland was a fluke, make a statement with a win today.

Schasz likes this

Just now, CBFan said:

You bet 05 you got the party started.

It’s pay back time from last season when they took one from SLU.

Our team must play defense and not panic if the shots don’t fall early.

No excuses prove Maryland was a fluke, make a statement with a win today.

Maryland certainly wasn't a good indication of this team. The score differential was inflated but Thatch only got 11 minutes before his injury and Maryland was highly underrated. We will find out exactly how good they are on the 2nd when they play Illinois, but I think they are Top 15 team. I would hesitate to call it a fluke, I want Maryland to be that team. Looks better for the BIlls.

4 minutes ago, CarolinaBill said:

Is SEC network available on ESPN+? I see the game on the app but not super clear if it’s going to be streamable (says SECN and not ESPN+). 

This game is being aired on SECNetwork main channel. I'm 90% sure that this game and any other game on ESPN family TV networks are not available through ESPN+ subscription. You have to have a cable sub connected to ESPN App.

11 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This game is being aired on SECNetwork main channel. I'm 90% sure that this game and any other game on ESPN family TV networks are not available through ESPN+ subscription. You have to have a cable sub connected to ESPN App.

It really is such a scam, just put it on espn+ like every other game this year. They put the game against the d3 school on there but not #12 auburn? Stupid 

1 minute ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

It really is such a scam, just put it on espn+ like every other game this year. They put the game against the d3 school on there but not #12 auburn? Stupid 

Good vibes only here, not trying to pick a fight but I'm curious who you are directing this at? SLU? ESPN/SECN Auburn? I don't think this is much of a scam, though. Established Titles is a scam, Sam Bankman-Fried/FTX are a scam. To me this is pretty much the same as a game being picked up by CBS Sports. Only difference is ESPN/SECN/ESPN+ are all the same company. This game likely would have been broadcast on ESPN+ had SECN decided to pick it up, by virtue of them picking it up, it's not going to be on ESPN+. I my complaint would be: Why does an ESPN+ subscription not include streaming access to the main ESPN cable offerings?

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Good vibes only here, not trying to pick a fight but I'm curious who you are directing this at? SLU? ESPN/SECN Auburn? I don't think this is much of a scam, though. Established Titles is a scam, Sam Bankman-Fried/FTX are a scam. To me this is pretty much the same as a game being picked up by CBS Sports. Only difference is ESPN/SECN/ESPN+ are all the same company. This game likely would have been broadcast on ESPN+ had SECN decided to pick it up, by virtue of them picking it up, it's not going to be on ESPN+. I my complaint would be: Why does an ESPN+ subscription not include streaming access to the main ESPN cable offerings?

Because cable/streaming providers pay a hefty fee to Disney to carry the SECN.  

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Sorry yeah, I'm more or less saying the one thing you could complain about. It really doesn't bother me anymore than meh that stinks.

It does.  Plus this is a situation that SLU and the A10 have no say in.  Being an Auburn home game, the media rights belong to the SEC conference.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Scam that ESPN+ is a paid service and doesn’t allow streaming for SEC network which I believe is a subsidiary of ESPN. So why is it restricted? Dumb