GDT: Vs Paul Quinn College

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from the game. This is the shortest GDT I've ever seen.

Terribly sloppy with the ball in first half, cleaned it up nicely in the second. Good half court defense, really all night, but superior in the second half. Kids got to play several minutes, almost all got to score.

Yuri with a couple of magical passes. Several nice dunks. About what I expected from the scoring margin, although it took a while longer than I expected to get there.

On to Auburn I guess.

Oh, and that flagrant on Pickett?  I swear that guy just fell down.

I was at the game, thank you Steve. We won by 43 pts, which was just fine. A few general comments first. The attendance was not bad at all, I would say around 1/2 the seats were taken. The second thing I want to say is that the Paul Quinn held its own reasonably well until the last maybe 6-8 minutes of the 1st half. They we just overscored and overplayed them. It was NOT a boring game, the PQ  kids never let down for a minute even though they were hopelessly under. They tried hard until the end.

This was a fast moving game up and down all the time, I would so much like to see us playing like that and winning against regular opponents. Yuri did what he does best, he had a lot of assits, very few points. Everybody played in this game. Parker had a very good game, so did Hargrove. Perkins proved that he can perform quite nicely against a lower level team.

Jimerson was great, but a lot of the regular players did very well also. Thames and Hughes played 10 min and performed well. Cisse scored and had a rebound, the two walk ins played, one of them scored. It was a nice game to watch.

A win despite the opponent, and a game with everyone playing and focusing of movement and offense was a very nice thing to have before we play Auburn.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

32 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

The second half strategy of not guarding Gibson Jimerson was a bold move.

Of course they knew they were going to lose. I think they use games like this to train their team and get their players to learn by playing better teams. They probably wanted to see how long they could stay in a reasonably decent position, score wise, during the game.

10 hours ago, Old guy said:

Perkins proved that he can perform quite nicely against a lower level team.

You needed to see Perkins play Paul Quinn to know he can perform against lower level teams?

For the record we know Perkins can perform against any type of team.  Lower level or top 25 Perkins can perform just fine. 

CenHudDude likes this

11 hours ago, Old guy said:

I was at the game, thank you Steve. We won by 43 pts, which was just fine. A few general comments first. The attendance was not bad at all, I would say around 1/2 the seats were taken. The second thing I want to say is that the Paul Quinn held its own reasonably well until the last maybe 6-8 minutes of the 1st half. They we just overscored and overplayed them. It was NOT a boring game, the PQ  kids never let down for a minute even though they were hopelessly under. They tried hard until the end.

This was a fast moving game up and down all the time, I would so much like to see us playing like that and winning against regular opponents. Yuri did what he does best, he had a lot of assits, very few points. Everybody played in this game. Parker had a very good game, so did Hargrove. Perkins proved that he can perform quite nicely against a lower level team.

Jimerson was great, but a lot of the regular players did very well also. Thames and Hughes played 10 min and performed well. Cisse scored and had a rebound, the two walk ins played, one of them scored. It was a nice game to watch.

A win despite the opponent, and a game with everyone playing and focusing of movement and offense was a very nice thing to have before we play Auburn.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Hope the family enjoyed the evening at Chaifetz.

I was listening driving to Emenence Mo last night then I watched the game on ESPN plus.

One of your favorites Parker had a nice game and what I did not expect from Parker so far this season was his ability for assists.  We got to see how athletic Parker is with the coast to coast jam we just need his 3 point shots to start falling and he will be a force.

See you next home game Happy Thanksgiving.

12 minutes ago, CBFan said:

One of your favorites Parker had a nice game and what I did not expect from Parker so far this season was his ability for assists.  We got to see how athletic Parker is with the coast to coast jam we just need his 3 point shots to start falling and he will be a force.

You’re seeing something I’m not with Parker & assists.  He only has 2 assists all year.  1 came in the game last night.  There was one play in particular where Forrester was wide open under the basket and Parker didn’t see him.  Even on the coast to coast slam, he had Jimerson open in the corner & called his own number instead.  He’s a scorer first & has shown flashes of brilliance in scoring the ball.  I like having a guy like that though.  Microwave bench scorer.

There was a play toward the end of the game where Parker passed to Cisse and started to cut, motioned to Hughes & Thames as though they weren’t doing the right thing of offense so he got the ball back from Cisse himself & just nailed a decent look from 3 with the shot clock ticking down.  That’s what I like from Parker.  He was the ability to make something from nothing (for himself) on offense if things don’t go right.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Hope the family enjoyed the evening at Chaifetz.

I was listening driving to Emenence Mo last night then I watched the game on ESPN plus.

See you next home game Happy Thanksgiving.

Yes, I really enjoyed the game. I liked the fast moving nature of it and the fact that PQ continued their full attack all the way to the end. Parker did very well. Hughes and Thames did well. And as a surprise one of the kids that never played, Lamont Evans, looked good. Lamont Evans listed as a G Sophomore. He was wearing a wide white head band and during practice his moves reminded me of Goodwin's. He played 2 minutes and scored once. Cisse played 7 minutes and did well with 2 pts, a rebound, 2 assists and one Steal.

I also enjoyed to see Yuri concentrating on assists and not trying to be a scorer, not that he needed to do so.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Auburn is definitely not going to be easy.

On 11/23/2022 at 8:33 PM, stmdragons said:

Anybody see what Pickett did to get T’d up?

Just watched a replay and Pickett did push off with both hands. I’m not sure what he was thinking there as the push off didn’t occur near the ball. That’s why the foul was hard to see as the ball wasn’t near the foul.

stmdragons likes this