The YAWN...Yuri Assist Watch Now

The Wiz

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Yuri, but..........

Last night in the last 5 minutes of the game Yuri had a layup blocked, a stupid turnover when he exposed the ball to the defender, had another layup blocked, missed a layup, caused Okoro to foul out with an illegal screen and missed another layup.  The stat sheet gives Yuri one turnover in the last five minutes, but in reality he caused the ball to be turned over to SIUE six times in the last five minutes.

53 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I love Yuri, but..........

Last night in the last 5 minutes of the game Yuri had a layup blocked, a stupid turnover when he exposed the ball to the defender, had another layup blocked, missed a layup, caused Okoro to foul out with an illegal screen and missed another layup.  The stat sheet gives Yuri one turnover in the last five minutes, but in reality he caused the ball to be turned over to SIUE six times in the last five minutes.

Gibson was open in the left corner on his last drive. Hargrove was open by 10 feet at the top of the arc. Perkins was doing something weird on the right side. Looked like he wanted to get out of Yuri’s way. He wasn’t ready to receive the ball. There were options. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Gibson was open in the left corner on his last drive. Hargrove was open by 10 feet at the top of the arc. Perkins was doing something weird on the right side. Looked like he wanted to get out of Yuri’s way. He wasn’t ready to receive the ball. There were options. 

I don't know that I'd have passed to Jimerson on that brutal night......

Does anyone have a clever acronym for a thread about Brooke Flowers' potential to be top 15 all time in blocks in NCAA women's history? She's 41 blocks away from breaking into the top 25 and already has 63 on the season through 15 games.

54 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Does anyone have a clever acronym for a thread about Brooke Flowers' potential to be top 15 all time in blocks in NCAA women's history? She's 41 blocks away from breaking into the top 25 and already has 63 on the season through 15 games.

Not an acronym...but  how about  "Blocking Flowers"

8 hours ago, BACKHANDtheRICAN said:

I see no correlation to his assist stats and us being a better team. So I find this thread utterly stupid.

At this point it’s like the McGwire home run chase.

The Bills are completely broken but it gives me some thing to root for while they trudge along hoping to be better than mediocre. 

billiken_roy likes this

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Not an acronym...but  how about  "Blocking Flowers"

7 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

How about BBWINS - Brooke’s Blocks Will Increase Now Steadily

ok, not the best, but something

I like these both. Might start the thread after next women's game on Wednesday.

10 hours ago, BACKHANDtheRICAN said:

I see no correlation to his assist stats and us being a better team. So I find this thread utterly stupid.

I see no correlation to your tired message board b!tching and the betterment of either your life or ours. So I find your existence here utterly stupid.  

13 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Brooke Block Count.  That's a simple / descriptive & perfectly fine acronym with no issues at all, right?

I was told this thread was all about history in the making.  Well, there is some Collin's history that is being ignored.  Mr. Collins is closing in on the Billiken Career Turnover mark.  Yes, history in the making.

I did somewhat extensive research, but admit up front, some of these numbers might not be correct.  The Billiken Turn Over stats first appear around 1977-78 season with some gaps in subsequent seasons.  Perhaps '77-78 is when they first started tracking turnovers.  Freshmen were declared eligible for the 72-73 season, so that pretty much would have to be the line for appearing on the career list.  Three year players just couldn't have enough games to enter into this historical realm.

So, from my research #1 on the Career Turnovers is:

LaTodd Johnson at 338.

Second is Marque Perry with 325

Mr. Collins follows with 324

Tommy Liddell III accumulated 317

Anthony Bonner rounds out the top five with 316.

Again, if anyone has more reliable information, please come forward.

And BTW, it appears Mr. Collins already has the single season TO record with 138.  The Legend appears to be second with 122 in his single season.

slufan13 likes this

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I was told this thread was all about history in the making.  Well, there is some Collin's history that is being ignored.  Mr. Collins is closing in on the Billiken Career Turnover mark.  Yes, history in the making.

I did somewhat extensive research, but admit up front, some of these numbers might not be correct.  The Billiken Turn Over stats first appear around 1977-78 season with some gaps in subsequent seasons.  Perhaps '77-78 is when they first started tracking turnovers.  Freshmen were declared eligible for the 72-73 season, so that pretty much would have to be the line for appearing on the career list.  Three year players just couldn't have enough games to enter into this historical realm.

LaTodd Johnson at 338.

And BTW, it appears Mr. Collins already has the single season TO record with 138.  The Legend appears to be second with 122 in his single season.

Does it not make sense to you that the leader in assists might lead in turnovers? 

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Does it not make sense to you that the leader in assists might lead in turnovers? 

No, Skip, because these people are without logic and reason. Usage rate, pass rate, time under pressure...none of that matters. Critical thinking is too much to ask for. 

Billiken Rich likes this

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Yeah it’s kind of like Cy Young being the all time loss leader or Connie Mack being the managerial loss leader. Brett Farve leading interceptions.

Look at the names around him they are all great Billikens.

I don’t remember Latodd Johnson. His first year playing was my first year on earth.

After looking at his stats they were not very good. So he seems to be the outlier 

8 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

My initial statement is that assists don't correlate to Wins, so why be so happy about an individual accomplishment, when the team isn't benefiting.  I want a scheme that results in wins.

You used the word 'might', so I guess that is 50/50 right?  Hard to argue your point.

billiken_roy likes this

16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

LaTodd Johnson at 338.

Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are #1 and #2 on the NBA's list of missed field goals. They're also #4 and #2 in all-time points. 

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Yeah it’s kind of like Cy Young being the all time loss leader or Connie Mack being the managerial loss leader. Brett Farve leading interceptions.

Look at the names around him they are all great Billikens.

I don’t remember Latodd Johnson. His first year playing was my first year on earth.

After looking at his stats they were not very good. So he seems to be the outlier 

Exactly. My point above ^. 

#1 Purdue is averaging 15.3 assists per game.  Their leader is at 3.6 apg, followed by 3.4 apg for their second place.  Six players average 1.0 apg or higher.

#2 UConn is averaging 18.8 assists per game.  Their leader is at 4.8 apg, followed by 4.4 apg. Eight players average 1.0 apg or higher.

Billikens average 16.2 apg, with Collins at 10.3 and then only 3 players over 1.0 apg (the other two are at 1.5 apg).

See any difference between these three teams? 

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

#1 Purdue is averaging 15.3 assists per game.  Their leader is at 3.6 apg, followed by 3.4 apg for their second place.  Six players average 1.0 apg or higher.

#2 UConn is averaging 18.8 assists per game.  Their leader is at 4.8 apg, followed by 4.4 apg. Eight players average 1.0 apg or higher.

Billikens average 16.2 apg, with Collins at 10.3 and then only 3 players over 1.0 apg (the other two are at 1.5 apg).

See any difference between these three teams? 

Yeah Purdue and Uconn are completely loaded teams with National title aspirations. The Bills a mediocre A10 team who needs to win the conference tournament to get a bid.

You could replace Yuri with prime John Stockton and they still couldn’t compete with Purdue or UConn.

Hopsierpal I get what you are saying I just don’t think it matters. 
They can change the way Yuri plays and they still won’t be coached well enough or have enough talent to compete.

We are waiting the basketball equivalent of the Big Mac home run chase.