Marquette

58 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Marquette looked awful last night, scored 17 first half points, lost to Miss. State 58-55. Marquette is not in SLU's league ...

You are correct. Marquette is in the Big East. The Billikens are in the Atlantic 10.
You get a point for that correct answer. 

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Evidently Yes.

Marquette supporters purport to sit in judgment over the alleged “mid-major” SLU program, except SLU currently has the better team. Hence, Marquette is not in SLU’s league …

Yep, that's what I was missing.  Haven't heard this from a Marquette fan in 20+ years. 

slufan13 likes this

58 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I'm just spit-balling here but I'm thinking 2021 was the last time he's dealt with a Marquette fan that was a horse's arse.  Just ciphered that out, I did........ :rolleyes:

So you’re saying 2021 is the last time he talked to any Marquette fan? 😄

50 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

While we are tossing things out there,  I would like to mention that my SLU Men's Basketball road record is a respectable 12-6 over the last ten years. I may do the team and fan base a favor and begin to attend more road trips. I will advise. 

We may need to start a GoFundMe

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

2 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

And still getting AP votes,  I like it!

Maryland was not mentioned when the went over the horses in the Big 10 on TV this weekend- they had film on the usuals: two Mich teams two Indiana teams, Rutgers, maybe one more but not Maryland.

it will take awhile for Maryland’s new coach to have preseason credibility 

59 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

While we are tossing things out there,  I would like to mention that my SLU Men's Basketball road record is a respectable 12-6 over the last ten years. I may do the team and fan base a favor and begin to attend more road trips. I will advise. 

I thought the 74-45 L @ Butler was the worst road game I’ve attended, but I have to move the Maryland game to the top spot based on expectations. Can assure you I did not stick around for the entire second half. It was torture 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

4 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I thought the 74-45 L @ Butler was the worst road game I’ve attended, but I have to move the Maryland game to the top spot based on expectations. Can assure you I did not stick around for the entire second half. It was torture 

I stuck around for the entirety of both losses, both brutal and I agree expectations were definitely higher for the MD game.

majerus mojo likes this

16 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Three things i remember clearly from that Butler Beatdown... 

1. French sat out that game

2. That was the 1st game that Hinkle ever served alcoholic beverages

3. Jorgensen really annoyed the sh!t out of me

Expectations cause lots of problems when they do not come true. As the season goes forward the expectations will get closer to reality, but after only a few games there can be wide gaps between probability, expectations, and reality. What we got from Maryland could be called an ambush, we were not expecting anything like it.