Paul Quinn...Bills Win

The Wiz

I am grateful for whatever we get out of Perkins; I would be more demanding of Jimmerson and Parker and whoever is supposed to be setting screens for them?

I live close to Chaifetz but I am not going to watch in person- this game should not be on schedule unless it comes with a player to be named later?

why would anyone want Perkins in a a game with no meaning…remember how he got hurt in first place?

I think second half of Providence game Perkins warmed up and it may take some time each game before he gets comfortable?

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

im actually hoping he gives perkins the night off.   he isnt right.   it's pretty obvious something physically is hampering him.  there is a slight limp.   he doesnt have he burst of speed we saw 2 years ago and he definitely isnt jumping as quick or high.   i dont think we need him vs paul quinn so save him for Auburn.  

I agree. He’s walking stiffly. Is that a word?!

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

he wouldnt be limping if it was a matter of just endurance

If he's truly limping and he's hurt, he should sit for a while.  That said, I didn't notice much of a limp vs. Providence or Maryland.  

Paul Quinn falls to North Texas 76-46. They kept it competitive in the first half before NT pulled away in the second. I saw where PQ won some kind of small college national championship last year, I believe it’s called the USCAA, while winning close to 30 games and losing only 2.

Hoping we can hang a hundred on the Tigers.

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Paul Quinn falls to North Texas 76-46. They kept it competitive in the first half before NT pulled away in the second. I saw where PQ won some kind of small college national championship last year, I believe it’s called the USCAA, while winning close to 30 games and losing only 2.

Hoping we can hang a hundred on the Tigers.

I tried to feed this game into the computer....It came back with this answer...North Tex...wins by 30 over the Quinn...N Tex not as good as Murray St ...a team the Bills beat by 23.....  Don't humiliate  me...I would rather do the spread of peanut butter over jelly.

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I tried to feed this game into the computer....It came back with this answer...North Tex...wins by 30 over the Quinn...N Tex not as good as Murray St ...a team the Bills beat by 23.....  Don't humiliate  me...I would rather do the spread of peanut butter over jelly.

I’m taking jelly. They do a little better off the bounce.

Write-up from PQC’s USCAA ‘21-22 national championship win. https://uscaa.prestosports.com/Press_Releases/2021-2022_Press_Releases/Men-s_DI_Basketball_National_Championship_Game

They return the Tourney MVP, Ja’mare Redus, and 2 other all-tourney team members, Trevoin Shaw, and Spencer McElway. Could the Quinnites keep it interesting for a few minutes?

BTW, I had a referral for some dental work last December and it turned out that the dentist was a member of the Ralph Sampson led UVa hoop team that lost to NAIA Chaminade. It can happen.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I know the game doesn't really count, but do the individual stats count toward the NCAA totals?

My understanding is for SLU the stats count and the game counts in SLU’s overall Won-Loss record. However, the game result and stats do not count for SLU for NCAA NET and NCAA Tourney selection purposes. The benefit is merely playing this game does not hurt SLU’s NET like playing a low con D-1 potentially could.

4 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

My understanding is for SLU the stats count and the game counts in SLU’s overall Won-Loss record. However, the game result and stats do not count for SLU for NCAA NET and NCAA Tourney selection purposes. The benefit is merely playing this game does not hurt SLU’s NET like playing a low con D-1 potentially could.

So it as relates to Yuri, a chance to rack up some assists that would be counted in NCAA ranks, correct?

43 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

So is this a thread where we complain about how we don't want to attend a Billiken game?

Ah yeah.....day before Thanksgiving and we're playing the Long John Silvers.  I could've had decent tickets to the game but that turkey isn't going to smoke it self.......