OT- World Cup

slufanskip

11 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I saw the replay. He 100% goes down to draw the foul. It’s the way they play. Any contact go down like you were just hit by a cannon from 10 yards away. 

You watch the things they do with the ball at their feet, the way they move it around in tight spaces. It’s amazing. They don’t need the antics. 

"That's 100% a foul" from the broadcast team. I see why it was called. Not 100%, though.

The FOX coverage of this WC has been abysmal.

slufanskip likes this

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Pistol said:

"That's 100% a foul" from the broadcast team. I see why it was called. Not 100%, though.

The FOX coverage of this WC has been abysmal.

I get why they called it, but I think the fact that it’s even in question is a problem. You should be required to attempt to make a play, not just go down with the slightest bit of contact. The game isn’t meant to be played that way. 

Agree with the Fox coverage. Just because you used to be a good player, doesn’t mean you’ll be a good commentator 

Agree with that yellow and the No call. However, both of the fouls leading to penalty kicks should have been the same. How do you let all the acting go on all game, and then hand out a yellow at 86 minutes for something that’s happened 15 times prior

3 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Agree with that yellow and the No call. However, both of the fouls leading to penalty kicks should have been the same. How do you let all the acting go on all game, and then hand out a yellow at 86 minutes for something that’s happened 15 times prior

Exactly, refs should be consistent throughout the game. 

Wow. WTF. When I wrote that above was when Messi scored his 2nd thinking that was the game. 

Sad that a game like this has to end in PK’s though

Even if only in finals this should have played on. After the  OT’s go Golden Goal and add a sub every 15 minutes until you’re out. Entire roster helps determine winner. Finals shouldn’t end in PK’s

RamJAMTIME likes this

37 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Greatest sporting event I've ever witnessed I think.

It is probably the greatest sporting event of all time, by default.  The World Cup is the biggest spectacle in the world, and this was by far the greatest World Cup match of all time.  No doubt at all

52 minutes ago, laker119 said:

It is probably the greatest sporting event of all time, by default.  The World Cup is the biggest spectacle in the world, and this was by far the greatest World Cup match of all time.  No doubt at all

Correct on all counts.  Both teams played their hearts out.  Better team won.  And the constant nonsense that all Brazilians were cheering for France is just plain wrong!!