OT- World Cup

slufanskip

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They knew if they announced the beer ban earlier, a lot of fans wouldn’t have come. So they said that beer will be there for the past 12 years. Then, 48 hours prior to the games, after everyone couldn’t cancel their plans, they make this change.  Classic bait and switch.  I’m glad they lost to Ecuador today, I only wish the score was higher.

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I like Aaronson off the bench. He could give a defense fits playing the ball out of the back when they’re a bit tired

We shall see if Coach B sits his two yellow card players and bring in Aaronson and Yedlin in second half. Gio needs an appearance too 

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

We shall see if Coach B sits his two yellow card players and bring in Aaronson and Yedlin in second half. Gio needs an appearance too 

Wes was grabbing at this groin towards the end of the half. Definitely expect Aaronson for McKennie, early in the half if not right now. 

12 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Is a draw here a catastrophe? Wales has like 5000 people in the country right? Seems bad 

Forces us to get points from the England game. Last thing you want is England on 6 points when they play Wales. Teams almost never get 9 points in the group…

2nd half we played like a totally different team, not in a good way. 

Zim can’t give that penalty away in that situation. It’s a shame because he played well otherwise. 

pulisic was really average, other than the through ball for Weah, and his free kick delivery was terrible. 

not sure what’s up with Reyna, and why he didn’t play…

last thought, I was told by many on this board that it was silly to complain about Morris being included on the roster, because he wouldn’t see the field anyway. Well, when we needed a goal guess who GGG brings on?  

I think the question in our group is who else besides England moves on. With the tie to “Team Cymru”, we need to probably beat Iran and maybe tie England to guarantee an advance. Our easiest path out of this group involved winning this game, then beating Iran.