GDT: vs Providence

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, GOSLU68 said:

Tough to get going when we are down without Fred Thatch Jr enthusiasm- We need to get back to rebounding and improve our steals attempts per game

Spell check victimized

24 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

And this was really an away game. Problem is it won’t be counted as away for net rankings. 

Rammer and Earl said the Providence crowd was no where as large as yesterday. The Patriots played the Jets. Likely some stayed home to view. 

I had to drive my grandson home today so i has to listen and get angry yell at the refs and cheer.  This game brought out all of my emotions for our team.

I was very critical of the coach after yesterday’s blowout but today when down 13 the coach kept the team from losing composure and they pulled it out in the end on a poor 3 point shooting game and without Thatch.

Yuri is the best 21 points and 7 assists.  Perkins is getting the drives at the basket to finally fall and Okoro limited with fouls came up with a huge rebound and free throws.

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Very small SLU crowd.  Maryland had a very large showing this weekend.  The Providence crowd was decent as well. Not many Miami or SLU.

Maryland is not that far from New London and Providence is very close to it. Of course there were more fans from these schools there. Miami and St. Louis are much farther away from New London.

The last 30 seconds of the game in my opinion the announcers of the game were way off base on what a foul is.

When Yuri was fouled he was first fouled by the arm bar by the defender then the body and then a flop.  I thought the continuation of the shot was questionable but not the foul because Yuri was fouled twice.

With a few seconds left the player ran into a wall of Yuri and Okoro.  Yuri had the right to that spot on the floor Yuri was at that spot before the player and the player made contact with our guys.  The announcers said because there was contact that was a foul.

I was troubled by the announcers behavior on Saturday by promoting the obnoxious screamer at the Billikens.  It’s one thing to call him a fan but to get his name and announce his name several times was annoying.

The Billikens earned that win yesterday and I felt those azz clowns tried to make it about the officiating, rant over.